• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Play Pokemon Dark Rising 2! Chapter 1

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
  • fj2Ir1f.png

[Title theme for this go-around: Gradus Vita]

I've been waiting a long time for this day.

The beast has returned.

f1636bc08659fad9877ac280aa59495c51494cb2_r.gif

For the uninitiated, Dark Rising 2 is part of a Pokemon rom hack series made by the eponymous Dark Rising Girl - long story short, the first game was inhumanly buggy, lazy and laden with a difficulty curve so punishing and erratic that you might as well have fought an eighty foot tall mechanical Joe Frasier bare-handed. (Prime example: You start at level 5... and you end the game fighting a level 99 abomination with 1000 Base Stat Total and a 200 power Dark move. It's inhuman.)

The first game holds the lowest score I've given/could give to any game, fanmade or otherwise... so you're probably wondering why the hell I would be willing to go back into this series instead of casting it into the Thames where it belongs.

Well... for one, I like to stay positive and hope she may have improved as time passed, and second I want to get this dirt patch off of my list of games to let's play. The third reason is entirely because of how events I made unfolded in the last let's play - I liked them so much that I wanted to continue even if Dark Rising itself is irredeemably awful.

Oh well. Apologies to anybody who wanted to see the FFTA playthrough finished, but this was something I wanted to get off my chest the instant I finished the first Dark Rising. Couldn't hold back the temptation any longer, I suppose. (Of course, I'll finish FFTA in due time, but right now...)

Pack your bags and bring your pain pills because we're going to raise some hell.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter 1 - Dawn of the New World[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/FONT]

Spoiler:

Back