• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leveling up and EV Training

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I want to ask a question regarding leveling up my pkm. I EV train my pokemon and my Quillava have already maxed out his 510 EVs (I placed 252 into SP ATK and spread the remaining into SPD and HP). It is currently level 30 now with maxed out EV so if I put it into the Daycare or use Rare candy, would it affect the overall stats when my Quillave reaches lv100? Will it be stronger ( as in better stats) if I fight for EXP instead of putting it into the Daycare?

I'm thinking of putting it into the Daycare to raise it by 10 lv or so as I'm gonna devote a good amount of my time to EV train others and I want my pkm to be appropriate lv to fight the elite 4 soon.

Sorry if I asked too much question, I only started learning on EV training. And Thanks for any advice get :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Nope, once your EVs are maxed out, your pokemon's lv.100 stats will be the same irregardless of levelling method. You can leave your Quilava in the daycare for the rest of the game if you want to. XD

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    IV's are what effect the stats you get as your pokemon levels. EVs are just extra stats you work to get. With this in mind, day care will be fine. The only problem (which isn't going to happen here) is that it may learn new moves on you.

Rather Zakki

Artist and Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Its completely fine to use Rare Candies or leave them in the Daycare from there.

The problem with using those before EV training the pokemon is that the pokemon will not grow any stronger other than level because all the pokemon would be working off of their base stats and IVs/DVs for their stat improvements.

For all intensive purposes, you could level your newly caught or hatched to 99 and then EV train them to max their and then level them up to 100 after maxing them and you would have the same result. You just can not EV train them at Lvl 100.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I see, thanks everyone! So I suppose it's gonna be fine leaving my Quillava for some time in the Daycare while I focus on training my other Pokemons now.

Back