• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Leveling Up by Friendship

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    With the introduction of Pokémon-Amie, it has made for questions in my mind regarding how to level up certain Pokémon. I caught an Azurill, for instance, way back on Route 3, and by Lv.18 it should be turning into an Azumarill (having evolved to a Marill first). However, I'm at Lv.25 and still have an Azurill.

Is anyone else finding it difficult to evolve this Pokémon and others? I do have a Lucario after having had a Riolu, and it evolved around Lv.21, but I might have taken time to feed it some goodies.

Kind of anxious to use Marill/Azumarill in the second Gym.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Azurill evolves through friendship, I believe. Even if you pass the level for Marill to evolve into Azumarill, if you don't have good friendship with Azurill, it won't evolve into Marill. Once it does though, just level it up once. :P

Years
    As far as I can tell. Friendship evolutions are unlocked once your pokemon has three hearts of affection on pokemon amie. just pet it and feed it puffs and play with it some. walk around with it until some bubbles start popping over it, in the sub screen. If it's notes, it wants to play. if it's puffs then duh.
    Also each pokemon seem to like a diffrent color of puff. be sure to count how many hearts pop, after you feed puffs of the same level but not the same color.
    Hope you have your Marill soon, with this.
    Cheers

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ironically, I did just that today, and it leveled up immediately. Unfortunately, mine can no longer learn Aqua Tail, so I'm now investigating what I can mate with my existing female Marill to create a new Azurill to evolve up quickly.

I also only have mine at two hearts, I think.

On the other hand, my Marill as is knows Bounce, which cannot be learned by Marill at all. This means that an Azurill leveling up at Lv.20-22 is a very bad idea. Lv.23 is where Bounce is learned, and upon evolving, cannot ever be learned or retaught. Anyone know where the move tutor is so I can get Aqua Tail?

Years
    @ CycloneGU I'm fairly certain that both the move tutor and move deleter are in Dendemille Town in a building north of the Pokémon Center. Get them heart scales ready.

Back