• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of This Team!

-DMM-

Josherific :?
    Years
    with a not to crazy EV spread it can OHKO Skarm with a little luck.

How many skarm do you see in game, how much does luck have to do with the metagame? Both answers are roundabout the same thing.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    If we're going on the basis of ingame then might as well leave out any fire move and keep rockslide.No wait, better do absolutely nothing with movesets and just level up...

Whatever.....

The main reason why i suggesting Fire blast, is that if he plans on battling friends [who may or at least should have skarm] or for reference if he uses NB.

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    note: i do plan on using this team in NB, eventually. i want to raise it in-game first to see how it works.

i've made a few changes to my team.

*alakazam becomes a CB-trick/CM special sweeper.
    *salamence forgets rock slide and learns fire blast.
    *milotic forgets confuse ray and learns hypnosis. :\

EDIT: i'm changing something else, again. i may have found my Cradily replacement. i may try ludicolo instead.

Ludicolo (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 Hp / 202 Def / 56 Sp. Def
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) nature
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed
    Dive
    Toxic

this any good?

Last edited:

-DMM-

Years
    *salamence forgets rock slide and learns fire blast.

YOU WILL FAIL ON NETBATTLE WITH FIREBLAST.
    The game is about skill, not whether or not you can score a lucky hit. Use flamethrower for christs sake. You want to be able to hit more often, fair enough Fire Blast is more powerful, but it adds up as FT doing more damage overall.
    The main reason why i suggesting Fire blast, is that if he plans on battling friends [who may or at least should have skarm] or for reference if he uses NB.

Read above. FFS. FIRE BLAST DOES NOT WORK. >> Flamethrower > Fire Blast. Case closed. And Salam needs a Fire move because otherwise skarm pretty much is like, 'Y HALO THAR'

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    it's not like i'd actually have to use fire blast that often. it's only for your typical spikers (skarm, forretress). it could OHKO forretress easily and probably 2HKO skarm.

think about it:

odds of missing 1 fire blast: 15%
    odds of missing 2 fire blast in a row: 2.25%

there's not as much luck involved as you're implying.

-DMM-

Years
    odds of missing 1 fire blast: 15%
    odds of missing 2 fire blast in a row: 2.25%

Odds of missing 1 Flamethrower. Around 5%
    Odds of missing 2 Flamethrowers in a row. Around 0.25%

See how it works now? ?? Also, just because something has 100% accuracy doesn't mean it is a guaranteed hit. ;/ Ergo your sum is slightly off.

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    whatever. i'll try fire blast for salamence on NB and see what happens. that is, as soon as i can download NB and set it up. i have problems trying to set it up so i'll wait a while until i can get my own computer. (i'm using a public computer, right now.)

EDIT: oh, and my sum can't be off. i am in college and i earned an A in my calculus course-- oh never mind.

-DMM-

Years
    EDIT: oh, and my sum can't be off

You missed this part.
    See how it works now? ?? Also, just because something has 100% accuracy doesn't mean it is a guaranteed hit. ;/ Ergo your sum is slightly off.

Your sum is off because it is suggested that 100% gives an actual 100%, when it doesn't. ;/

Use Flamethrower. Seriously.

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    I believe this would fall under the "personal preferance" catagory. With enough EVs, FB can OHKO Skarm on a regular (not guaranteed) basis. For those of us who are too afraid to miss, use Flamethrower and end up having to deal with Skarm later.

85% accuracy is still fairly good. Meteor Mash has 85% accuracy, and people use it standard on Metagross. Pokemon with lower base SAtk use Fire Blast to 2HKO Skarm, so why not use it on a higher base SAtk poke to OHKO?

I mean, even I, a person who absolutely detests hax, use Fire Blast. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Back