• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Light ball!?!

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Pikachu does have a chance of getting a light ball when you get him right? I've seriously caught almost a box full of the little yellow rodent and I can't find one...

Deranged

Secretly Popular
    Years
  • I had to catch loads of them before I got one.

Remember, it's only possible to get Light Balls on the Pikachus caught in the Safari Zone in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    (I say this just in case you're using FireRed/LeafGreen).

If you're using Emerald, then make sure you have an Elektrike or other Pokémon with the Static ability at the top of your party list.
    If you didn't know, this increases the chances of meeting an Electric Pokémon.
    Very useful in this particular case.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    I seriously caught 5 boxes of pikachu's before I got 1 light ball. Also, here's a hint. If you have a pikachu and enter the Safari Zone, the encounter rate will increase dramatically. I was shcoked when I saw how easy it was to find a pikachu. I recommend going in with 1 pikachu, and then catch more till you have 6 pikachu's in your party. Then, Pikachu's will be as common as Oddish.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    I guess we're talking about r/s/e... I'm using green...I guess I'll just have to beat PBR for it...

Thanks for the help guys...

Years
  • I caught a pikachu in the first time and he had a light ball but all it does is power him up or something like that but instead of walking in the grass get a Pokemon that can yous sweat scent tropouse or odish and they will pop out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Ok wait a sec...I'm playing leaf green, can I get a light ball off of a pikachu from a wild one on that game, or just r/s/e?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Ok wait a sec...I'm playing leaf green, can I get a light ball off of a pikachu from a wild one on that game, or just r/s/e?
    Light Ball can only be found in R/S/E, not FR/LG.

Back