• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...just a note, I've merged this with the all new everything thread, since I can't remember the answer off the top of my head right now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I don't think the "All Gen V Pokémon" before the National Dex is possible, how do they intend to make evolutions of previous pokemon?

Sorry if this was already mentioned...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    ...just a note, I've merged this with the all new everything thread, since I can't remember the answer off the top of my head right now.
    Because there isn't one, maybe?

I get the impression people are just throwing statements around, and people believe them if they're regurgitated enough times. And for that reason I think you should unjoin this topic from this thread. This topic covers something completely different and doesn't belong here.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    I like how there's all new stuff. It makes things different so it doesn't feel like I'm playing the same game over and over again. I'll have to get rid of my team staple, Gengar, but I'm perfectly fine with that. There are plenty of Pokemon to choose from. And the new types of battles, moves, and abilities add to the strategy.

VelvetLucifer

~*Velvet Lucifer~*
    Years
    I bet if Charizard was made in Gen V you guys wouldn't like it.

And to all you of saying it's not creative
    wow! Like a blue turtle and a purple rat is! xD

Years
    So, as of recent I've seen a lot of people on here saying we're getting a completely revamped Pokedex for Gen V. Supposedly, none of the older Pokemon will be present until after aquiring the National Dex.

So, my question. Where has this been confirmed? I've Googled several times and I'm unable to find a reliable source with the confirmation.

Can anybody help me out here?
    Serebii has confirmed that Generation V Pokémon will be available before the National Pokédex.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Serebii has confirmed that Generation V Pokémon will be available before the National Pokédex.
    Right, but that wasn't my question. I want to know why everyone thinks that none of the older Pokemon will be available before the National Dex, and where the source for this information is.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    I really like the idea. Like walking in a cave instead of a zubat will be someother pokemon that you don't even know. I praise gamefreak for doing this. So pretty much you are not going to expect what your going to see.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    i think im going to be alone here, but i don't really like all of the new changes. i wish they would atleast keep some of the old pokemon, like the OP said, zubat or maybe a starly.

i dont really like the new pokemon designs, but i didnt like the starters in DP but then i played the game and loved them.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
    Years
    I am so glad to see an end to: Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp(well less then the others he's pretty awesome :D), Tentacool, bidoof ow good I hate bidoof and the rest of spam. Being replaying the game and realised how tedious some places are becuase there full of these pokemon.... Mt. Moon anyone -.-

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    So far, I've got nothing to complain about, except for maybe the fact that pre-national dex is new pokemon exclusive. Sure, we won't see constant "Wild Zubat/Tentacool appeared!" But whos to say they won't just be replaced with another pokémon that appears just as often?

I'm curious about the Dream World, though, and at what point it will be unlocked.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    I am all for this! I have the perfect example for why I am also; when I played FR/LG I had noticed the lack of johto pokemon, now after recently playing Gold back then, I got quite attatched to Johto, anyway, after playing through LG and getting to the Sevii Islands after the E4, I found that we could find Johto pokemon like Hoppip and Sentret, which were Johtos Spam, and I actually liked finding these pokemon, so what GF are doing is good in my opinion, we will appreciate finding our old favourites alot more if they aren't obtainable straight away. Sorry for the longwinded opinion :P

Years
    I love the whole idea, but... it seems that the Pokemon Staff are losing ideas of what to make Pokemon now.
    I mean, look at the new flaming Pokemon. He looks like something off of the Mario series.

Other than that, I love the 3D idea. But, another flaw is the compatibility with HGSS and the others.
    I would actually like to start over on Pokemon, not just bring all my good Pokemon from HG to my new Black.
    Total waste of time to play in my opinion.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    I love the whole idea, but... it seems that the Pokemon Staff are losing ideas of what to make Pokemon now.
    I mean, look at the new flaming Pokemon. He looks like something off of the Mario series.

Other than that, I love the 3D idea. But, another flaw is the compatibility with HGSS and the others.
    I would actually like to start over on Pokemon, not just bring all my good Pokemon from HG to my new Black.
    Total waste of time to play in my opinion.

It doesn't say that you have to bring your old pokemon to Black. :P

Back