• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen List of banned pokemon/Moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
    Years
    I've been researching competitive pokemon things recently, and i've heard a lot of talk about banned moves and pokemon, could someone please enlighten me as to what the banned things are? And what is strictly ethics, and not actually banned?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's too soon to tell. B/W has only just come out, so the competitive community is still playtesting everything.

Of course, we can expect ubers like Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and all the ubers from D/P to still be banned but the tier placement for everything else is still up in the air at the moment.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    Most legendaries are banned in major tournaments, as well as moves that increase evasion of the user, such as double team and minimize. This would also effect items like bright power, but also items that are based on luck are usually banned such as quick claw, because a battle is meant to have a definitive winner rather than any real RNG based play.

Here's the "more or less" official banned list for most high end tournaments, some have more specific rules so always check the rules at the place that is organizing the games.

Items
    All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves
    All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
    All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities
    Moody
    Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
    Arceus
    Blaziken
    Darkrai
    Deoxys-A
    Deoxys
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Giratina-O
    Groudon
    Ho-Oh
    Kyogre
    Lugia
    Manaphy
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Reshiram
    Shaymin-S
    Zekrom

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
    Years
    Most legendaries are banned in major tournaments, as well as moves that increase evasion of the user, such as double team and minimize. This would also effect items like bright power, but also items that are based on luck are usually banned such as quick claw, because a battle is meant to have a definitive winner rather than any real RNG based play.

Here's the "more or less" official banned list for most high end tournaments, some have more specific rules so always check the rules at the place that is organizing the games.

I'm just curious as to why Blazikin is banned?

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011

While most of that list is standard and I agree...why is Blaziken banned?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Probably because of the Speed Boost variant you get from the Dream World. :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you have anymore questions, this belongs in S&M's simple questions, cause this is a competitive type question and doesn't really relate to gameplay discussion.

List of banned pokemon/Moves?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back