• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little help needed... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
  • Hi sorry if this isn't the right place for this thread, but here goes nothing.
    If you look at my signature, you'll notice that the backgroung of my dear little fella Salamence isn't trasparent.
    I've tried everything on IrfanView but I can't seem to make it transparrent.
    So I was hoping the someone here could help me with it's Photoshop, or some other advanced graphic program to make it transparrent.
    Thanks in front! :D

Here's the pic:

And the link to it:

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Hello,
    I use Corel PaintShop Pro (though I do have Photoshop as well) and all I have to do is set the background to a color different from the rest of the image, go to Palette, and Set Transparent Background.

Tell me if this works for you:

MasterSceptile

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • You can just use a simple program like Microsoft Powerpoint. Just insert the image, double click it. To the left of the screen you'll see edit colour or something along that line; click the down arrow and click set transperancy. A little - what I like to call it - "magic wand", click the white background surrounding the image and "Hey Presto" gone! Just copy and paste the image into your signature and then you're free to be as creative as you like. :D

Edit: Ninja'd! :|

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Thank you both so much!
    The pic master Sceptile sent me is completly trasparent, just like I wanted it to be!
    But I'll also take Curious advice.
    Thank you once again! :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Thank you both so much!
    The pic master Sceptile sent me is completly trasparent, just like I wanted it to be!
    But I'll also take Curious advice.
    Thank you once again! :D
    XD; Glad to know that my advice is appreciated.
    By the way if you need anything else you're free to PM or VM anytime.

Years
  • Question asked. Question answered. Problem solved. Thread closed.

(And by the way, you can use the showcase/discussion thread for quick questions, too)

Have a nice day~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back