• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long term?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Out of curiosity and an interest to spark discussion, would you consider graphics and / or photography something you see yourself doing as a long term career in your future? Or would you say it's just something you like doing now, but prefer to branch off into something new later on?

Lately, I've been having a lot of thought whether or not graphic designs is something I want to pursue as my career. When I see what so many other designers are doing at my age, I feel as though I should be at that level, but am currently not. Sometimes this either inspires me to try harder or it pushes me down. With the case of a minor blockage and procrastinating I also keep myself back from practicing the art more. So, right now I couldn't say if graphic designs is something I want to pursue as my future long term career. Perhaps keeping it a hobby would be something I'd like better.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I don't think I want to graphic design or illustration or anything as a career, but I would love to continue doing it on the side and possibly making a little bit of money off of it by selling prints and stuff to people.

I don't really expect to get a career as a freelancer or anything, but as mentioned, I would love to maintain design as a hobby which I can possibly earn money off. And if I don't make money from it, that's fine too. As long as I can produce art I'm happy with and see myself as successful, I can use my art for decorating my own home/presents and stuff or just for kicks.

Years
  • With photography, very much so.

I have had a few job offers with doing weddings and one company has expressed an interest in my existing pieces, so I am going to think about it once I have finished University. I might work at being a photographer for a year then going traveling, like I have planned to for years.

Once I come back, who knows.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Well, I had thought about doing a double major in Architecture and Graphic Design, but when I thought about it realistically, the time spent in studio would kill me. That being said, Graphic Design is still something I'm interested in and might do free lance sometime in the future (wayyy future XD) because of how much flexibility there is with a degree in Architecture.

As for photography, it's definitely something I want to keep doing as a hobby. I don't even plan on going in to it professionally, rather just as a fun hobby with the hope of selling prints now and again. But mainly for my own enjoyment.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I would like to further my interest in Graphic Design into a future career. From doing a whole course on Multimedia in general, I have the skills and knowledge of being able to use those programs, and focused most of my efforts into the Graphic Design department. I've also done Work Experience at a Graphic Design company, though small was an enjoyable experience.

So yes, I would like to take graphic design further and pursue it as a possible career option.

Back