• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long time pokemon player. total competitive noob

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Hey guys new on the forums and to competitive wi-fi battles and i'm looking for some team help.

I'm focusing on my special attack and speed ev mega charizard y as my ace. I also know to include my excadrill incase i run into stealth rocks other than that my team is open.

these are the pokemon i already have ev trained. gliscor, scizor, metagross, azumarill, noivern, dragonite, greninja, gengar, volcarona, tyranitar and umbreon. i'm also working on an arcanine, gyarados, alakazam, swampert, typlosion and empoleon.

Thanks for the help

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    I don't know what the limit is in terms of the number of Pokemon, but Azumarill/Greninja are IMHO the best fits to your team, as they can switch into the Water-type attacks that both Excadrill and Charizard are weak to, with having to worry about other weaknesses (to put it in short, perfect defensive synergy).

We can give you a further review if you include movesets, abilities, items and intended EV spreads to each of your Pokemon. ATM, looks good so far.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I'll provide that information as people ask my greninja is 252 speed 252 special attack and the rest in hp move set is scald, ice beam, extrasensory and night slash which i need to switch for a special move like dark pulse. it's protean ability and no item as of yet

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Scald is for bulky Water-types, and your Greninja is not optimized to be bulky, so relying on secondary effects isn't such a good idea. It prefers power so replace Scald with either Surf or Hydro Pump. Because of Special Attack investment, it's not worth running Night Slash because it's a physical attack. Dark Pulse is always the better option over Night Slash in this case.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    OK i'll replace scald with surf as i prefer the higher accuracy over hydro pumps power. should i bother with azumarill as with greninja's ice beam and my charizard's dragon pulse dragon types shouldn't be much of a problem.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Any body else got any ideas for the rest of the team? gengar possibly cause of it's type coverage with moves, shadow ball, sludge bomb, dazzling gleam and thunderbolt

Back