• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for dedicated staff!

Gecko

Animaster
    Years
    I've started a farely new website called "Cult Anime" https://www.theatn.net/cultanime/
    As you can see it's about anime, all sorts of anime. And the site will soon be done (keep in mind we'll be adding more and more reviews through-out our time, so don't mind the few reviews we have so far, it is a new site).

Anyways. I'll be adding an "Events" page soon. When I do I'll need a pare (2) staff members who are willing to keep it updated. You wont have to use any html or even upload since it's all taken care of by scripts, so all you have to do is log in and post as you would in a forum.

I can give you links to good website sources for events if you don't know any yourself.
    And you only need to update when you see something new, so it isn't a very stressful job concidering you only have to log in and post.
    The events page will also inclued a "DVD Release Dates" page with it's own script as well, so it will be 2 easy jobs that 2 staff members can work together on to make it easier.
    As you might have guest it, I don't offer to pay you, this is a No-Budget Fan-website so if you do it, it will be out of good will.

So if you think you are up for it, please reply to this thread...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Gecko said:
    I've started a farely new website called "Cult Anime" https://www.theatn.net/cultanime/
    As you can see it's about anime, all sorts of anime. And the site will soon be done (keep in mind we'll be adding more and more reviews through-out our time, so don't mind the few reviews we have so far, it is a new site).

Anyways. I'll be adding an "Events" page soon. When I do I'll need a pare (2) staff members who are willing to keep it updated. You wont have to use any html or even upload since it's all taken care of by scripts, so all you have to do is log in and post as you would in a forum.

I can give you links to good website sources for events if you don't know any yourself.
    And you only need to update when you see something new, so it isn't a very stressful job concidering you only have to log in and post.
    The events page will also inclued a "DVD Release Dates" page with it's own script as well, so it will be 2 easy jobs that 2 staff members can work together on to make it easier.
    As you might have guest it, I don't offer to pay you, this is a No-Budget Fan-website so if you do it, it will be out of good will.

So if you think you are up for it, please reply to this thread...

well i can do it since i dont have much to do latley :)

and i have much knowlodge of yu-gi-oh,pokemon and trigun .. and some other animes ..

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Gecko said:
    Since this site concerns more then just Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Trigun I think I'll wait to see if anyone else has something to add...

as i said and some other animes i am still watching much animes :P

Gecko

Animaster
    Years
    Well unfortunatly, we need someone with a more extencive knowledge of anime.
    Plus we need a high dedication level, because even the one we just had quit today, and he was doing a great job in the beggining. If you have some extra time it won't really be enough. I need to know that the job will be done.

So the possition is still availible.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    You wont find dedicated staff unless you are a huge site, so here is my advice: Do it yourself.

Tweak

or you can offer some small amounts of cash per month for helping out...$10/month? people will take their job more seriously if there is pay envolved, cause there's no such thing as a freebie. -_-;

i offered to pay my staff but they didn't want to give me their address. so that might be a problem if you do offer cash, cause most fans who want to work are under 18. (i have no staff and i'm doing fine on my webpage. duke it out alone, it's much better.)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Yeah I've also found that it's real hard getting and keeping a dedicated staff.. Sure everyone wants to be on the staff.. but when it comes time to 'do something' they're never around. Or they just never show up again.

cash MIGHT work, but i think continuing your search to find someone who's totally into to the site's topic area (anime in your case) is your best option. They'll want to work because they love what they do.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Its so much funner and better alone, it makes you realize how proud you are when u finish somthing what you did on your own, also i dont thin just hiring somone is a good idea, if i ever hired somone(which i wouldnt) it would be a friend who i know i could trust,thats all

Gecko

Animaster
    Years
    Getting free staff isn't impossible, I did it farelly fast after starting that site. The only reason he quit is because he got bussy with Manga editing on a site tht he has been working for a while. If he didn't have that the there wouldn't be any problem.

So I'm attempting to do it again.

Back