• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Looking for info on the Pokedex Search functionality (Sorting by A-Z, by type, by size, etc)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I found information on the Quick Research and Development thread on the tables for these search functions. I've successfully repointed some of them, and it was working great at first. However, I'm not sure how the Alphabetical Mode table ends. It works perfectly by itself, but as soon as I put any kind of data after the table, it completely breaks when I access it in game. I've tried having a few FF's in there, and others too, but no matter how many of them I put or what I put, as soon as the next table gets added, everything goes to hell. Anybody know how I can make the table end where I want it to?

Edit: Here's the info on the tables from that thread.
    The Alphabetical Mode Table starts at 0x443FC0.
    The Lightest Mode Table starts at 0x4442F6.
    The Smallest Mode Table starts at 0x4445FA.
    The Type Mode Table starts at 0x4448FE.

The pointer to the Alphabetical Mode Table is at 0x103694.
    The pointer to the Type Mode Table is at 0x103734.
    The pointer to the Lightest Mode Table is at 0x1037CC.
    The pointer to the Smallest Mode Table is at 0x103868.

Back