• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for mentor for cool ROM hack!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Sorry if this against the rules. I tried searching for rules, but couldn't find anything against this, nor could I find where to post it. If it is against the rules, either remove or simply move to the correct area. Thanks!

So I've finally decided. I'm going to try making my own pokemon ROM hack. I've been apart of this website for I don't know how long, and I finally would like to make one.

Base ROM: Emerald

Story: The story is based around the events of a warring feudal zone, named Sanra. In each county, lies a Shogun, that provides tribute to the Emperor of the land. You start in the village of Cherrybreeze Village, a very small town, and often mocked by the Shogunate clans. Your father and mother, the leaders of Cherrybreeze Village host a banquet in honor of the Emperor to try and gain favor with him. Unfortunately, events transpire. The Emperor ends up dead after the banquet, and the blame is placed squarely on your family. Your family is forced to commit seppuku after being dishonored. The night before the ritual suicide, you are told to escape, and given the family heirloom pokemon. You pack enough supplies for few days journey and run for your life.

Now an outcast to a world that has banish you, you must fight to regain your honor, clear your name of being falsely accused, and find those responsible and bring them to justice.

Features:
    *Completely custom map, detailing the beautiful and mountainous region of Sanra
    *Custom Story and Scripts
    *Play as a boy or girl
    *Custom Player sprites
    *Different starter pokemon (currently planned only one)
    *650 Pokemon from gen 1-6 (finished)
    *Physical/Special split (finished)
    *HM's are no longer needed; Key Items to replace HM's, but HM's will still be present to be used.
    *Unique progression path (No longer just getting badges any more, though it plays that way)
    *Claim the throne, and become emperor/ess yourself!

That's about it. While it sounds like a lot, most of it is par for the course, I feel, for most ROM hacks out there. There's a few other things I didn't mention, such as Fairy Type working and fully implemented, pokemon states/moves etc are updated to Gen 6, as well as every time you beat a "Gym" (name holder for now), you get to claim a pokemon from said "Gym". Essentially, Gyms will be castles you need to overtake in order to move on.

The biggest challenge in this is going to be mapping and scripting for me, and the part I need help with the most. I'm sure I can find sprites somewhere, but ANY help is extremely, immensely appreciated.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and hope to hear from you soon!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Thia sounds really awesome but I am new to rom hacking myself and I don't know enough to really help you. I hope someone can help you though cause I would love to play this one!

Back