• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Looking for people who work on an AI for Pokemon Essentials

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
  • Hi everyone,

mgriffin and I are ooking for people that are working on an AI for Pokemon Essentials in some way. We want to gather some people to discuss various things and ideas, to help everyone who's stuck.

So if you are coding an AI, designing one , just are really good at describing decision making or can contribute in any other way, comment here and let us know that you are interested. The more people we can gather, the batter.

Depending on how many people we will be, we want to make a Discord server for easy discussion and maybe even make a subforum (if possible). Also we got the idea to hold small contests to help further the development of AIs.

Looking forward to responses :)

mybusiness

The current competence of bots is lame. I´m tired of using disadvantageous rules (nuzlocke, per example) in order to make the game appear a bit more challenging, instead of raising computer´s intelligence. If we´re gonna concentrate on making it the hardest possible, I´m in with some ideas and maybe coding.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I´m tired of using disadvantageous rules (nuzlocke, per example) in order to make the game appear a bit more challenging.

Yeah! My hope is that we can make it so that every battle is interesting and/or challenging for the player, not just the boss battles. (In fact, I'd argue that even the bosses usually aren't interesting—high levels don't make a battle difficult, they just turn it into a grind-fest or item-spam)

I'm not saying it has to be full-on competitive Pokémon, but I'd like to move in that general direction.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    I would be really interested in participating to this but I'm afraid I'm not skilled enough yet. Maybe I can reread blocks to check syntax or give ideas

Years
  • I can try to help with the little knowledge I have and ideas. I want to help create a really intelligent AI and have reactions as a human player can too.

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    I've been fiddling with the Essentials AI for a little while now. I'd be happy to join this discussion!

Back