• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Interest Check] Looking to see if anyone would be interested in a massive crossover-like RP (I'm terrible at titles, so read for more details.)

Days
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Basically, I am wondering if this forum would be interested in an RP that I've been on and off about trying to start in various places and ways for a while, but just haven't gotten the guts to try and actually do. Basically, It would be a more open-world RP, with a rough starting storyline to help you get situated, teach you about the setting, set the tone, and help demonstrate my style of RP. As a basic summary of the setting, imagine a fairy tale world, and I mean original Brothers Grimm fairy tales, where the stories still have a bit of bite to them instead of the namby-pamby disney stuff which is nice in its own way, but not quite the tone I'm going for. Now imagine an empire of wizards with highly advanced magitech that tried to bore a hole in the multiverse, and effectively caused a giant rift that pulled in stuff from across pretty much every dimension you can think of. Our story starts a decade or three afterward in one of the few bastions of civilizations amidst the ruins of what came before, the wandering haywire automatons left over from said wizard empire, hostile tribes, isolated villages, and savage monsters (as you can probably tell, this started as a DND setting).

Whatcha think?

Edit: I have officially decided to run this as play-by-post 5e DnD. All traffic of those interested here should go to the RP linked in my signature.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I haven't participated in an RP in YEARS. Mostly because I can't seem to make OCs anymore and/or I've run out of ideas for OCs. However... 'massive crossover RP' actually made me stop and think about it and I am intrigued. I like me some CHAOS and 'massive crossover RP' makes me think CHAOS and I did something similar except in fanfiction form lol. Is there a limit to how many other franchises? (I like mostly JRPG franchises like Final Fantasy, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, TWEWY, etc.) but I also like really niche stuff that I feel isn't given enough love and in fact certain companies that will remain nameless seemingly want them dead and buried for good (Digimon, Klonoa, .hack, etc.).

I mean I know nothing about stuff like Zelda, Mario (mostly but I know Yoshi lol), Fire Emblem, etc. but if I get stuff of stuff I'm familiar with (what I mentioned above) then I most likely won't care if it's included. I mean if you let me play as one of the characters from the other franchises that would solve my 'I can't seem to make OC's anymore' problem. Up to you obviously.

Just some basic questions I guess.

Days
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I haven't participated in an RP in YEARS. Mostly because I can't seem to make OCs anymore and/or I've run out of ideas for OCs. However... 'massive crossover RP' actually made me stop and think about it and I am intrigued. I like me some CHAOS and 'massive crossover RP' makes me think CHAOS and I did something similar except in fanfiction form lol. Is there a limit to how many other franchises? (I like mostly JRPG franchises like Final Fantasy, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, TWEWY, etc.) but I also like really niche stuff that I feel isn't given enough love and in fact certain companies that will remain nameless seemingly want them dead and buried for good (Digimon, Klonoa, .hack, etc.).

I mean I know nothing about stuff like Zelda, Mario (mostly but I know Yoshi lol), Fire Emblem, etc. but if I get stuff of stuff I'm familiar with (what I mentioned above) then I most likely won't care if it's included. I mean if you let me play as one of the characters from the other franchises that would solve my 'I can't seem to make OC's anymore' problem. Up to you obviously.

Just some basic questions I guess.
    There isn't a limit on franchise beyond me doing a quick background check, and trusting you to not godmod. If you want to port over a character from some other franchise, I'm happy to work with that.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    There isn't a limit on franchise beyond me doing a quick background check, and trusting you to not godmod. If you want to port over a character from some other franchise, I'm happy to work with that.
    Although it's been YEARS (like I said in my initial post) since I've participated in an RP... I know the 'basics' and/or 'general' rules for participating in an RP.

But with that said... now I'm tempted to play as either a Digimon or Klonoa lol

Days
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Although it's been YEARS (like I said in my initial post) since I've participated in an RP... I know the 'basics' and/or 'general' rules for participating in an RP.

But with that said... now I'm tempted to play as either a Digimon or Klonoa lol
    I will warn you, that I am tempted to use a modded version of the old DnD rules, and by that I mean the original dnd 0th edition. I know they can work play-by-post from seeing it done elsewhere, because the rules are extremely loose, and because the virtual dice won't come out unless for settling instances of combat, and checks on info that I'd prefer to keep from the participants, preserving a good flow of RP. I just need to finalize some of my homebrew tinkering (a good chunk of the more out there stuff can be done by reskinning, and anything special is especially easy to homebrew).

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I will warn you, that I am tempted to use a modded version of the old DnD rules, and by that I mean the original dnd 0th edition. I know they can work play-by-post from seeing it done elsewhere, because the rules are extremely loose, and because the virtual dice won't come out unless for settling instances of combat, and checks on info that I'd prefer to keep from the participants, preserving a good flow of RP. I just need to finalize some of my homebrew tinkering (a good chunk of the more out there stuff can be done by reskinning, and anything special is especially easy to homebrew).
    I've never done anything related to DnD... 😅

Days
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I've never done anything related to DnD... 😅
    I considered it, but I am pirating a system partially from a much simpler rpg (that's still admittedly DND adjacent due to being based off what dnd was based off of). I realized all I needed was enough character stats to keep people from going around saying they can do stuff like go super saiyan off the bat. They're going to have to earn stuff like that via leveling up...

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I considered it, but I am pirating a system partially from a much simpler rpg (that's still admittedly DND adjacent due to being based off what dnd was based off of). I realized all I needed was enough character stats to keep people from going around saying they can do stuff like go super saiyan off the bat. They're going to have to earn stuff like that via leveling up...
    I might need to learn that then if I want to play as a Digimon. Because... you know... digivolving. lol

Back