• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Memories (PG-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
  • Rod liked the sword. He could never remember holding such an elegant weapon. It was extremely balanced for its size, not top heavy at all. And the overall weight, he couldn't have chosen a better weight if he had picked the sword himself. It was obviously new, or else it wouldn't shine as well as it did. It was like a god among blacksmiths made this for him and no one else. He watched as four more people came out of the water and went to their chests. After they had gotten their weapons out of the chests they all went their separate ways, sticking together, but not quite in a group, which suited Rod just fine. The latest one to get their gear was different though, she broke the silence.

"Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves." she seemed calm for just dropping to their suspected deaths, and this is where Rod became even more confused.

"Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." was what she spoke, but Rod had no idea what that meant.

"My name is Miharu Mizushima." she quickly amended.

"...Rin..." replied the girl wearing all black, except a necklace and armored gloves.

Rod stopped swinging his sword and sheathed it behind his back again, and sighed. The first girl was right, as much as he didn't like interacting with new people, he would have to to out of here, wherever here was. He stepped closer to the two girls so he didn't have to shout so they could hear him.

"Name's Rod, and that's all I can remember. Well except that I just fell from the sky, landed in water that didn't hurt, got a really big sword and a note saying something about magic and a war. So anything you can tell me about why we're here would be much appreciated." he said, looking at the girls waiting for an answer.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • "Uh oh" I say with a fading voice as I tilt my head backwards and scrunch up my nose while squinting a bit. I felt the tears well up in my eyes as I opened my mouth to release the monstrous yawn that had been fighting to be freed. As the sequence ends, I look to my left side where one of my friends, Shadae is walking beside me, the dark purple streak in her hair gleaming as a beam of sunlight hit it in just the right place. She was laughing at my after-yawn expression, in which I basically hunched my shoulders and stretched my neck out a little, and sometimes even I laughed at sometimes.

We were walking back from school, after a full 3 hours meaning it was freakin 6 o'clock. As I walked, I continued to try and make my case to my friend, who didn't seem to agree with my theory that you shouldn't get detention for telling a teacher to chill out.

"But it's completely full of bull****ery! He gave me points off of my grade, just cause I said all the answers to his stupid questions! Last time I checked, that is what teachers want you to do!" I spat angrily, before taking a quick sip from my water bottle. "It just makes no kind a' sense! He's crazy. I said as I shook my head.

Shadae rolled her eyed, before speaking in a neutral tone, not really siding with me or my teacher. "While I will say that a 3 hour detention is a bit harsh, I'm also going to say that teachers don't like it when, one-" she began, counting on her fingers "when students daydream" throwing up a second finger, she went on, "Two, when students talk back to the teacher." Finally, she threw up the third finger " Three, When students act cocky and smartasstic. All of these, you were blatantly doing in front of the whole class, which makes the insubordination all the worse. You are both in the wrong" she concluded.

With each of those reasons she gave, my head dropped lower and lower, if someone had been continually dropping weights on top of it. I decided that I wouldn't be able to get her support on this issue, and to just let it be, it was too late to be arguing about that crap anyway. To be honest I didn't even want to go back to my house, for that was where my devil-spawn brother Raike lived as well. If he wasn't home by 5, then that meant that he would probably be in juvi, and mom would have to go and get him...again. I know some people may have thought that their brother were bad, but mine took his ways of torture to a whole new level, not only to me, but to other guys at his own school, and those unlucky enough to witness him beating the snot out of someone else, was usually next on his list.

Eventually though, we came to Shadu's(nickname) block, and she gave me a quick hug, before starting off down her street at her normal swift, unwavering pace, as if she was running from something or someone. She and I didn't always agree on things the way most friends would, but when it came to it, we were pretty close. Starting along my own street, it wasn't long before I had to dodge a falling white projectile from the tree that loomed over me., when I had settled I glared up at the tree, or rather at the bird that perched on one of the tree's branches. To be more precise, it was the same bird who always tried to hit me whenever I passed under its tree, all because of one day when I was younger, like four or five, I had thrown a rock into that tree, and non intentionally hit the frail branch that one baby bird had been perched on, causing it to fall off.

Of course the mother saved it, but the father never really forgave me, and thus, our little rivalry began. I knelt down to pick up a piece of gravel off of the cracked pavement, placing the pebble between my pointer and thumb, I took aim at the bird, and fired a second later, jerking my hand forward quickly and releasing the pebble, sending it flying toward the bird. Of course it dodged it, but I did get a clean feather shave off of it, and as it fell towards me, I snatched it from the air, waving it in front of the bird in the tree, taunting it and grinning widely. Then I started running, because as usual, the bird took to the air, and chased me all the way home, leaving only when I shut the door in its face. Well, Raike was at Juvi apparently, because normally as soon as I would open the door, his fist would be there to welcome my face home.

I tossed a quick greeting to my mother before heading up the stairs to the second floor, skipping two at a time. Not a good idea at all because in total, there were 17 steps, and I was already tired, so naturally, I tripped on the last one, but instead of slamming my face into the hardwood floor, I seemed to pass through it as if nothing had ever been there. I began to get the feeling I was floating... no not floating, falling.... but into what? I had no surroundings, everything was just plain black. I blinked once, and it was like the world had just hit the reset button, because now I could see clouds... but I was falling through them, and then... the ocean? Was I dreaming or something? No... it seemed too real...but if it was, and I was falling headfirst... I would die in about...5 seconds.

When I hit the water, my head seemed to get a minor headache... but nothing more than that, which confused me slightly. I should be dead... but... oh whatever I'll just play along with this, if I'm not dead then that's good for me anyway. I broke the calm of the water gasping for air, and doing the best I could to spot any kind of land, and soon enough I did. I saw a few people sitting around on a beach not too far away, and that the current seemed to be pushing me towards. I didn't feel like swimming all the way over there, so I just let the current carry me and it wasn't long before I was standing on the beach, dry as I had been when falling.

There were about 10 trunks scattered along the beach, but one of them caught my eye, mostly because it had my name on it... no really, it had a piece of paper attached to it that spelled out my name, "Skylar Destan." Growling slightly, I quickly walked over to the chest and tore the sheet off of it, hoping no one had seen it. I hated my full name, that's why I referred to myself as Sky, and made everyone around me do so also, because if they didn't, I would drop them. Already pissed off a little, I kicked open my chest, and what I saw before me was what I took to be a musket, seemingly in perfect condition, along with the tools need to clean and fire the thing in a bag resembling a mini Adidas bag. I picked up the musket, aiming down its sights, and then satisfied, I slung it over my shoulder along with the bag, and began to read the note, raising my eyebrows at what I was reading.

Young Warriors,

You have been chosen here to bring peace to the land. The Clans here are on the verge of war. A war on magic. The South (where you are) is allied with the east, and wish to allow magic users to co-exist. The north and west, however, think magic will destroy the human race.

I have chosen you because of your skills. I believe that you will be able to complete the task I am about to bestow upon you. I want you to prevent this war. However, if it is too late, as I fear, I ask that you instead, end the war as quick as possible.

In return for completing this task, I will return your memories, and return you to your home.

"Ah... so we're playing the chosen one game here eh?" I said in an unimpressed voice, lowering my eyelids lazily. Apparently me, and those other people by the treeline had just been thrown into what was about to become a full-scale war. "What does this person mean by returning my memories?" I said pointing at my head "I still have... wait.. whats with this blank spot in my mind?... ****, now I have to do work... so be it..." I said, closing the trunk with my shoe, and heading over to the others. As I got closer, I heard one of them begin to speak.

"Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves." The girl said calmly. I groaned, knowing just from the voice she had just spoken, as well as her emotionless face, we would have a hard time working together "Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." she said in a language I recognized as Japanese from the anime I sometimes watched. I didn't know that much, but enough to know that she had just said, "I am Miharu Mizushima" or something like that. I personally didn't feel like giving my name out to strangers, so I kept quiet, first sitting down, then just laying in the sand with my eyes closed. Hopefully they didn't think I was sleeping, because I would catch any...rude statements directed to me.

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    For a guy who wasn't exactly bright he was sure having a lot of important thoughts. Like, for instance, his appearance. Sure Mike looked very, very odd and out of place in the little group of Warriors, being six feet tall does that to you, but there was another little thing that bugged him. He and the others had just fallen maybe a hundred feet into the ocean and none of them had so much as a drop of water on their body. Even their clothes and hair were dry. With a slightly puzzled expression the man looked down at his own body, only to see the same result as the others. How odd.

Even now as yet another person walked out of the waves there was no evidence that she had just been in the water, even though he had clearly seen her walk out seconds before. As the woman walked over to her own marked chest he tore his eyes away from her and back to the small semi-formed group. So, they were the ones that were either supposed to stop, or end, a war between magic and the common man. Stopping a war was one thing, but magic? Ha! That was something Mike would have to see to believe. Even if he had just exited an ocean without getting water on him..

Focus.

Right, right. It was time to focus on what they should do, not about the strange prospect of magic. And the first thing on that list: names.

Even without realizing it, Mike had already begun putting names on each of these new faces. Musket, Spear, LongSword, Swords, Katana, and Locket. Strange as they might be, they worked. He could pick out who was who with these little nicknames and it helped him, he could finally have something to call them by. Speaking of names, Swords walked forward, a mask of ice on her face as she finally broke the silence and spoke up.

"Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves. Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." Mike arched his eyebrow up at the strange language, completely at a loss as to what Swords was saying. He'd hear Watashi wa before somewhere but he couldn't place where. Was it some kind of food?

An odd silence followed, only to be broken by Swords again as she repeated herself, this time in english. "My name is Miharu Mizushima."

Okay, that was much better.

Now it was Locket's turn to speak, though she had the same icy mask as Mi..Miha..eh, Swords was still a good name. "Rin."

Before Mike could utter his own name in reply, Longsword had finished playing around with his weapon and had re-entered the group. If anything, he looked the most animated out of those who had spoken - his face one of unwilling acceptance. "Name's Rod, and that's all I can remember. Well except that I just fell from the sky, landed in water that didn't hurt, got a really big sword and a note saying something about magic and a war. So anything you can tell me about why we're here would be much appreciated."

Michael nodded, finally deciding to jump into the conversation that would, hopefully, answer the who, what, where, and 'the hell why. "I'm with Rod; I just want to know what's going on. Last thing I remember is falling into the ocean and I didn't break a bone, swimming here, and then finding all this stuff " - he motioned to his Halberd and satchel - " with my name on it. Then you guys showed up."

He paused for a second before adding, "The name's Michael by the way, but you can all call me Mike."

OOc;
    Link = Spear
    Sky = Musket
    Rod = Longsword
    Miharu = Swords
    Rin = Locket
    Kuro = Katana

For those that were confused. ;3

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Spoiler:

(OOC Just kidding xD)

Chapter Two
    Introductions

Link had been watching the people slowly come to the surface, grab their things, and spread out. He watched people often, as he was thrust into these kinds of situations often. Well minus the memory loss. Except then he always had... someone to help him. Who was it? He made a look of frustation and leaned back into the tree. The rough bark wasn't very comforting, and he quickly sat up again. The land around him was beautiful. The rolling plains. The incredible view donated by the valley. The ocean he had just come from. The ocean. That brought him back to the people around him. He had forgotten about them.

There were quite a few interesting people. One was a little taller than Link, but much beefier. Better not mess with him... One was lying face down in the sand. He must've got there when he wasn't looking. One girl was considerably shorter than Link, and she didn't seem interesting until she broke the chest she got her stuff out of without much effort. Another guy was still shorter than Link, but not by much. He didn't look it, but but his weapon said that he had some strength. Finally the last girl. She was shorter than Link, but seemed pretty threatening.

He noticed that she was taking a breath. Link's heart sank. He had an idea of what was coming..."Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves." She said flatly. No... Link sighed. He was gonna have to do this. Here we go...

"Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." She said as Link started to stand. What does that mean?

"My name is Miharu Mizushima." She corrected herself emotionlessly. Oh... By now, Link was standing, doomed to his fate. He pulled his spear from the ground and started towards the others.

"...Rin..." One girl spoke up. She looked to be deep in thought.

He was getting close. His heart was racing, and he was thinking of what to say.

"Name's Rod, and that's all I can remember. Well except that I just fell from the sky, landed in water that didn't hurt, got a really big sword and a note saying something about magic and a war. So anything you can tell me about why we're here would be much appreciated."

"I'm with Rod; I just want to know what's going on. Last thing I remember is falling into the ocean and I didn't break a bone, swimming here, and then finding all this stuff" he said, motioning to his new found ewuipment, "with my name on it. Then you guys showed up."

There was a short pause, then he concluded by saying :"The name's Michael by the way, but you can all call me Mike."

He was to be the last to speak. All eyes were on him, or so it felt. He took a deep breath, and started:
    "I... um... My name is Link. I imagine... uh... I imagine that we are all in the same...um... predicament. So we... will need to..." He paused, unsure of where to go with his sentence. The thoughts started to roll in, none of them positive. His confidence dropped to the negatives, and he finished with a pathetic "yeah..." before turning away.

Last edited:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • The water. Kuro didn't know what else to call it. Kuro had found it strange that none of the "warriors" had been wet from it. There were no waves in the water, not even a tide. It just sat there, motionless, removed from everything else. It almost felt to Kuro like it was imitating him, mocking him, showing him how strange he seemed for being distant from the other six warriors that were on the island. Silently, Kuro watched as three others came out of the water and onto land. A guy with a musket, a young woman with a sword, and a man who almost looked strong enough to pick the island up out of the water.

It was the woman with the sword who broke the silence. "Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves." Kuro heard and understood the words, but couldn't remember why he could. He hadn't spoken that language... or had he? Kuro could no longer be sure. "Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." Now those words Kuro understood easier. This was the same language his thoughts spoke. Sadly, the woman changed back to the other tounge quickly. "My name is Miharu Mizushima," she said. A silence ensued, shattered only when the only other female in the group responded. "...Rin..." she quietly responded. The one with the big sword entered the conversation. "Name's Rod, and that's all I can remember." He then mentioned the note, and if anyone knew what was going on. The big one agreed with Rod, saying his name was Mike. The guy with the gun lay on the sand, seemingly asleep. The one with the spear mentioned his name was Link, then fell silent. Kuro thought that the time had come for him to speak. He didn't like strangers, and decided to keep things brief. He didn't turn around to speak, but kept watching the mysterious water. "I'm Kuro. I don't know what's going on, but I do know we need to do something." Kuro forced himself to speak the difficult language, which he found he spoke fluently. "I don't want answers. I want to do something. I want my memories back, if they were ever even mine at all." Kuro, content with his statement, silently waited, still watching the water.

Last edited:

chef30

Great Scott!!!
    Years
  • Alianna was in her room on the phone with her best friend Lia talking abot her day. She paced the floor back and forth in front of her bed. Alianna was almost always doing that 'teen drama' as her parents called it.
    "So Jake walked up to my locker, and he said he wants to hang out with me!" Alianna said.
    "No way, you're kidding right? He asked you to hang out!" Lia replied.
    "I know!"
    Both girls squealed and that teen girl way that defantely made it look like teen drama. Yes, it was definately teen drama.
    "Does he like you? I mean like like you?" Lia asked.
    "I hope so. Then again, of course he would like me. Everyone should just love me." Aliannna bragged.
    Lia hated it when she bragged about herself. It was always like that. Lia guessed it was because she bragged a lot to cover up something. Nah, just regular Alianna.
    "Yeah... So, anyway, what are you doing with him tomorrow? Dinner? Or just hanging out?" Lia asked.
    "He said something about going to see a movie tomorrow. I'm so excited!" Alianna replied.
    "Sounds more like he asked you out to a date to me."
    Both girls laughed. Alianna started to yawn and close her eyes. If you had one look at her now, you'd know she was tired. She started to doze off.
    "Alianna? You there? Ali? Alianna!" Lia said.
    "What what?" Alianna said, waking up startled.
    "Gotta go, see you later." Alianna said a she hung up the phone.
    All Lia got in was a simple "Wait!" before she was cut off. Alianna streatched out her arms wide, and jumped backwards onto her bed. She let go of her phone and let it drop onto the bed sheets. Alianna criss-crossed her arms behind her head and started to relax. She looked up at the ceiling.
    "What a dream..." Alianna said softly before softly closing her eyes and resting.

---

Alianna felt the sunlight coming down on her making her pleasently warm. Wait... The sunlight? In her bedroom? Alianna opened her eyes to see that the sun was getting farther and farther away. No... that's not posible. Alianna looked down and found out that she was the one getting further and further away. She was falling. She saw other people falling with her. She looked down. Alianna found out that she was heading head-first into water with some other people she didn't know from her bedroom. No, her bedroom was gone.
    "Oh crap..." She thought.
    She criss-crossed her arms over her face for protection. It porbably wouldn't do much, but it would help when she felt the water slapping her body. She plunged into the depths of the water with the other people that she was with. Her name flashed before her in her thoughts. She couldn't stop thinking about. She finally reconized that she was under water, and that in order to keep living, like she wanted, she would have to get air soon. She rose to the surface of the water, gasping for air at the same time as everyone else. It seemed as if when the water flowed off her body, her memories were going with the water. She couldn't remember anything or anyone. Only her name, and that she wasn't here before. Or was she? Alianna didn't know, when she tried to think about it, her head started to hurt. She decided to swim to where everyone else was going. It was better to be with someone in a strange place than without one.

Alianna swam to the shore. Appearently, she falled into an ocean and was on a beach. She got up and swiped the sand off of her dress. Her blue hair actually looked like water just a bit. She noticed the others walking to little boxes half way into the sand. They all had the same note on them. Strange. She found one that said on it Alianna S.
    "S? What could S mean?" She thought.
    She decided since it had her name on it, it had to be hers. Unless there was another Alianna somewhere within the group. No, because nobody was going for the box ecept Alianna. The others had their boxes. She picked up the note which read:

Young Warriors,

You have been chosen here to bring peace to the land. The Clans here are on the verge of war. A war on magic. The South (where you are) is allied with the east, and wish to allow magic users to co-exist. The north and west, however, think magic will destroy the human race.

I have chosen you because of your skills. I believe that you will be able to complete the task I am about to bestow upon you. I want you to prevent this war. However, if it is too late, as I fear, I ask that you instead, end the war as quick as possible.

In return for completing this task, I will return your memories, and return you to your home.

The name was smudged, so Alianna couldn't read it. Magic? What's the big deal about magic? Why a war? There were so many questions Alianna didn't understand. Magic was great wasn't it?
    "If the north doesn't like it so much, then why don't they move to the United States where no magic excists? Or do they just want to be able to say 'I'm right and your wrong?" Alianna thought.
    Again, so many questions. Alianna opened up her little box and saw a Magic Staff.
    "Awesome!" Alianna thought.
    But no, it wasn't awesome. She was just a teenage girl, and she had to stop a war? It was unfair. Who was this person bossing the group around anyway? Whoever it was, Alianna was definatey not happy with them. Alianna saw the others getting their new items. A few were magic, and a few were fighting weapons.
    "Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves." One person spoke up.
    The rest of them were shy replies.
    "Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." The same girl said.
    "What the heck does that mean? Is that German?" Alianna thought.
    "My name is Miharu Mizushima." The girl corrected herself.
    "...Rin..." Another girl said. It was good alianna wasn't the only girl here.
    "Name's Rod, and that's all I can remember. Well except that I just fell from the sky, landed in water that didn't hurt, got a really big sword and a note saying something about magic and a war. So anything you can tell me about why we're here would be much appreciated." A guy said.
    "I'm with Rod; I just want to know what's going on. Last thing I remember is falling into the ocean and I didn't break a bone, swimming here, and then finding all this stuff" he said, motioning to his new found ewuipment, "with my name on it. Then you guys showed up." Another person from the group said.
    "I... um... My name is Link. I imagine... uh... I imagine that we are all in the same...um... predicament. So we... will need to... yeah..." Another said.
    "Shy guy I guess." Alianna thought.
    I'm Kuro. I don't know what's going on, but I do know we need to do something. I don't want answers. I want to do something. I want my memories back, if they were ever even mine at all." Another person said.
    "I guess it's my turn..." Alianna thought.
    "I'm Alianna. And I agree with Rod. I think that we should try to stay together as a group even though we don't know each other. If we stay together as a group, then we may be able to stop the war faster and get back home with our memories back." Alianna said. Alianna had never said something like that before. She usually wasn't the one to take charge. But in this case, their memories are at stake, and maybe even their lives.

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Chapter one
    In which a girl comes to terms with the fact that her memories are gone

Falling. It's a feeling that can only be described once one has experienced it in its entirety. Basically, there are those who fear it, those who love it, and those who don't really know how to put their thoughts into words. Jenna loved the sensation. It was the closest a human could really get to flying, or so she thought. Jenna smiled as she shot towards the water she knew that this wasn't going to hurt. Her arms came up in front of her, and the water parted at her touch. She straightened herself out underwater and gave a few kicks to send her back up to the surface. With a few simple strokes, she propelled her body towards the shore, noticing that there were others doing the exact same thing. Her clothes clung to her body as she swam, slowing her down immensely. As a result, Jenna was one of the last to reach the shore. She strode to the row of chests and stared at the one Labeled 'Jenna B.'

She stared at the others who had drawn swords and wrinkled her nose in slight disgust. Swords were terrible for someone like her. She wasn't sure how she knew this, but she did. Silently she hoped that there wasn't a sword in her box too. She lifted her lid hesitantly and sighed in relief when she peered in. No sword. Instead she saw a metal staff, and upon pulling it out, it expanded and clicked, until it was slightly shorter than she was. It was truly a beautiful weapon she noticed as her eyes slid over it. Cogs and gears poked out of the sides, and in some spots she noticed holes that showed her the inner workings of the device. The mechanics hissed and whirred at her touch, and the staff began to get hot. She held onto it as long as she could before dropping it and staring at her seared hands. After blowing on them gingerly, she stared down at the staff and gasped. The staff had shrunken down again, but now her name was written across the side in beautiful, golden cursive. She picked up the staff and felt it respond to her touch, growing in size once more. The staff hummed with energy, but did not heat up again. She willed the staff to shrink in size and gasped when it did. She gently placed the staff in a loop around her waist and tightened it, until it hung tightly and comfortably at her side.

Jenna's eyes scanned over the note several times until she had it memorized completely. She then crumpled it up and threw it into the sand where it faded away. Magic made perfect sense. It explained how she got here, why she couldn't remember anything, and even why her staff had known her name. She looked in the chest and pulled out a small pouch and a pair of metal gauntlets. The gauntlets had leather running underneath and were covered in bits of metal and pipes. Jenna slipped the gauntlets on and pushed her gear bracelet back. The Gauntlets clicked and whirred, just as the staff did. A hiss of steam blasted out of the back of the hands, and the clicking stopped. The gloves felt… alive. Jenna wiggled her fingers before clenching her fist tightly. All of this felt so right, like it was meant to be.

Jenna tied the pouch around her waist, not checking to see what was inside. With everything out of the chest, she closed it gently and walked over to the others, who were in the process of introducing themselves. Jenna walked into the circle with her arms crossed.

"I'm Jenna. Jenna…Brogue. Anyone mind telling me what the hell is going on?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu nodded slightly at the introductions and the questions, but glanced at the one who was "sleeping" a bit away.

"To the one that is 'sleeping'," although she hadn't used quotation marks, one could hear it in her voice, "we will just call you Lazy Arse." She allowed a quick smile to show on her face, to let everyone (except for "Lazy Arse" who had his eyes closed) that she was joking. However, as quick as it appeared, it was gone.

"As to why we are here, I'm assuming you've read the note?" questioned Miharu. "If so, it is exactly as the note said. There's a war going on, we need to stop it, and if we don't, then we don't get our memories back and never go back to where we came from. Yay." The "yay" was stated completely blandly. It was obvious that she was a very sarcastic person.

"As to staying together, we can stay and leave at the same city at the same time, but entering the city...How are we going to explain so many people? The people that look alike can enter together, say that they were cousins, or something. We would, traveling, stay together as a group, but explaining away so many people entering a village, together? That is a bit too complicated. Especially since we can't even say that we are from a village that has burned down due to the war..." Miharu trailed off, her mind racing.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • (For clarity, Sky was laying on his back XP)

"To the one that is 'sleeping',we will just call you Lazy Arse." Said a voice a slightly warmer than the one that had asked for names, but I was pretty sure it was the same girl who had asked for names, which I still wasn't willing to give. Still, it seemed that she liked to make jokes, of course the name could have been a bit better... but at least it might not be so hard for them to get along. I pushed myself up off of the ground, and stood at my full height of 5'9 examining the group for a few seconds before speaking, addressing the Miharu girl first.

"Well, I won't deny that I am lazy because I know I am, but if you're going to call people names, please try to think of better ones okay? Anyway, I'm not sure what excuse we will have to use to get into whatever town, but maybe we should split up. I mean go with people who's weapon compliments yours, for example, my musket makes me more of a support character, then well you with your sword. Meaning while you are up front hackin', I would be in the back sniping, or picking people off. Same goes for the "magic" users." I said holding up my gloved fingers and wiggling them.

"Then again what do I know?" I said, plopping down on the ground and sitting cross legged with my eyes closed. Bracing my elbow on my leg, I put up an arm to support my head as I leaned forward. "You know, I didn't see any shipwrecks in these waters, but I wonder if there are any around here..." I said, hinting an idea. I hoped someone would catch it.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • "No."

"Ahhh come on!"

"No, Lara, I said no."

"But-"

"No buts! Do I really look like the kind of person to be interested in that to you? Really?"

After a brief survey of her companion, one of the girls sighed deeply and shook her head, her face bowing towards the ground as she walked, expression ever so slightly irritated as she conceeded her friend's words - no. Of course not. Charlie was right of course...but then, Charlie was ALWAYS right...it was one of the things that made Charlie...wel, Charlie.

"Point taken...but Chazzer, you need to lighten up a bit! You can't spend all your life doing Wing Chun and Fencing! Jack's party will be the event of the year...you might even have fun if you take that stick out of your backside..." grunted the shorter girl, glancing up at Charlie with a look that screamed half annoyance and half admiration. Charlie looked over at her with her usual blank expression, the only evidence of any kind of reaction or emotion in the form of a small lopsided smirk on the right hand corner of her mouth.

"Do not call me that," she stated simply, not seeing how any other response was necessary, especially not to the latter part of the statement, as she turned to look ahead again. Ignoring the defeated sigh from Lara, Charlie found herself thinking about how very different they were - chalk and cheese in every single way - and how they really did prove the truth in the statement 'opposites attract.' Lara and Charlie had been best friends ever since they first started school together - Charlie could remember it like it was yesterday. Snapping the lead of her pencil, Charlie felt like the world were about to cave in on her, until this sprightly blonde pipsqueak next to her prodded her sharply, passing over a pink pencil. Noticing Charlie's expression - pink wasn't her colour even at the age of four - she stuck her tongue between her teeth as she still did when she was thinking about something, and after a brief rummage through her pencil case, the pink pencil was exchanged for a blue one and Charlie was happy. And since then, Charlie and Lara became inseperable.

In truth, they were completely different - lookswise, Charlie was an athletic, almost boyish, brunette who wore plain training clothes designed to attract as little attention to herself as possible. She walked with long strides, willowy arms bent with long fingers clutching the plain brown leather bag slung over her back that carried the Fencing equipment from her and Lara's practice session. Lara, on the other hand, reached a good 4 or 5 inches lower than Charlie, her hair a shiny blonde bob, wearing the brightest, pinkest tank top and pants known to man, swinging her Fencing sword along as she whistled.

Lara, ever the popular lively one of the pair, had just given up trying to convince the serious, reserved Charlie to go to the party with her that night. It just wasn't in Charlie's nature. At that moment, Charlie wanted nothing more to get into bed and rest well for her sparring tomorrow, and she couldn't do that if she were out guzzling beer at some party. It often scared Lara just how dedicated Charlie was to her training - even to school she wore her Fencing gear, just so she didn't have to waste precious time changing before her after-school training. In fact, Lara couldn't remember the last time she'd seen Charlie in a dress...or even jeans...just any normal clothing. Oddly, she was accepted this way at school largely - she was just Charlie, the quiet, serious one who sat in the back corner of the classroom, keeping her head down and doing her work as instructed.

As they reached Lara's home, she took one last stab at convincing Charlie - perhaps in a somewhat misguided manner. "You know...Sean has a thing for you...if you came tonight I be-actually, forget that," she quickly backtracked as Charlie shot her a rare scowl - it wasn't really like Charlie to show any kind of anger, especially not towards Lara.

Rolling her eyes, Charlie shook her head and pulled Lara into a brief hug before stepping back. "Lara. I would hate every moment and you know that. But you have fun, be careful...and let me know if anything happens," she grinned as Lara now rolled her eyes, waving as she went to close the door.

"Always do Ma...see you tomorrow!"

Charlie walked around the corner on her way to her own house and sighed - perhaps....perhaps she SHOULD have gone to the party. She just knew something would go wrong...Lara could only leave the party devastated, given her infatuation with Jack, and Charlie strongly suspected he was only playing along with her feelings as a ruse. Unlocking her own door, she noted that her parents were out...dismissing the idea of getting something to eat, she made her way upstairs and perched on the end of her bed to pull off her shoes and socks before lying down on top of her duvet. She would change into her pyjamas later when she was ready to go to sleep...for now...she...would just...rest her...eyes...

A lovely feeling of weightness washed over her as she sank her head into the pillows, feeling a cool draught blowing under her...huh? under her? That was odd...and that whistling in her ears...had she left a window open? Opening her eyes slowly, she saw nothing but sky above and around her...and water below...WATER?!

Gasping, Charlie clenched her eyes shut and curled herself into a ball to try and ease the sting of breaking the surface of the water...but she hardly even felt it when she hit...it didn't even feel particularly damp! Swimming up to the surface, Charlie took a deep breath and pushed her wet hair out of her face, blinking a few times as water snuck into her eyes, looking around.

There...right in front of her was an island...and there were others here...following their lead, Charlie waded through the water with nothing but confusion and anxiety roiling through her. She just knew that this was something really, really bad...how could it not be? Her bed...no, her whole HOUSE had vanished from literally underneath her, and she was on some strange island with a bunch of strangers who all looked equally bemused and worried..

Noticing that chests were being opened, Charlie blinked as she found one marked C.A.D (OOC: LOLLL did not plan that) and opened it with shaking hands, pulling out a note. Scanning over it, her frown deepened...well that made little to no sense...but inside were even more confusing items...pulling out a hand-and-a-half sword she noticed beautiful engraving on the handle and cross guard...more used to a Fencing sword, the new sword felt strange to her hand but oddly, it felt like an extension of her arm at the same time. Giving it an experimental jab, it was weighted and weightless in movement...this would take some getting used to, but otherwise it was perfectly balanced. Pulling out a blue oval shield, it seemed just the perfect size and shape to act as a defensive tool and also for offence when needed...but what was the meaning of this? what was this Mission they had to carry out?

Making her way tentatively over to the others, Charlie stayed back on the fringes of the group as people began chatting, deciding that she would only introduce herself when required and go with the plans made by the others. She had no idea about anyone else or this situation, other than the matching looks of bewilderment on their faces...resting her sword inside her shield, she watched as people introduced themselves, and listened to the ideas they put forth. They all seemed somewhat plausible...but in this weird-as-anything situation, Charlie didn't know what was or wasn't plausible anymore...

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • Everybody gathered and introduced themselves at their own pace. Rod tried to remember all the names that were thrown out. There was Miharu, Rin, Mike, Link, Koru, Alianna, Jenna, "Lazy Arse" who, even though joining the group still didn't divulge his name, and another girl who just arrived on shore and "joined" the group, standing just on the outside of it.

The group had just stated to try to figure out how to proceed. Apparently a small group of ten assorted people entering a town all at once would be strange. Rod scoffed at the idea. Ten people entering a town, no one would even care to notice. Well maybe the fact they were carrying enough weapons for an entire army would grab some attention. Rod was pulled out by someone speaking.

"Then again what would I know?" Lazy said, sitting down on the sand propping his head on his hand. "You, know I didn't see any shipwrecks in these waters, but I wonder if there are any around here..."

The thought had never occurred to Rod, but then he had had much more important things to think about. But now that it was brought up, and he actually scanned the ocean and what beach he could see, there weren't any signs of shipwrecks, in fact there was very little sign of any population what so ever. The lack of shipwrecks didn't bother him, the sea and sky were clear and calm not even a wave, which told him there wasn't much chance for wreaked ships. The lack of civilization did bother him a little.

"Hmm...If there is going to be, or maybe even is a war, wouldn't there be people everywhere protecting from a possible invasion?" he thought.

"You expect to see shipwrecks on these beaches when the ocean looks like that." he said motioning to the water. "I don't know what your thought process is, but a sea needs to be rough to wreak a ship. If your saying you want to go looking for a phantom be my guest, but as for me I'm taking my friend and finding the nearest thing to bloody up."

Rod had motioned to his sword when he said 'friend', and now he was ready to turn away from the group and head off, barring any further input from anyone.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Chapter 3
    Introduction Pt. Two

There were 4 newcomers, bringing the grand total to ten people. That seemed to be everyone.

"I'm Kuro. I don't know what's going on, but I do know we need to do something.I don't want answers. I want to do something. I want my memories back, if they were ever even mine at all." Said one of the newcomers, obviously named Kuro.

"I'm Alianna. And I agree with Rod. I think that we should try to stay together as a group even though we don't know each other. If we stay together as a group, then we may be able to stop the war faster and get back home with our memories back." Another newcomer stated.

"I'm Jenna. Jenna…Brogue. Anyone mind telling me what the hell is going on?" The third new person stated bluntly.

The last one didn't say a word, choosing instead to listen, as Link wish he had done instead of embarrassing himself.

Miharu started again. "To the one that is 'sleeping'," she seemed to put an emphasis on "sleeping". "we will just call you Lazy Arse." Then she gave a quick smile. She was joking. And just like that the smile was gone.

"As to why we are here, I'm assuming you've read the note?" She asked. "If so, it is exactly as the note said. There's a war going on, we need to stop it, and if we don't, then we don't get our memories back and never go back to where we came from. Yay." The last word she said was full of sarcasm.

"As to staying together, we can stay and leave at the same city at the same time, but entering the city...How are we going to explain so many people? The people that look alike can enter together, say that they were cousins, or something. We would, traveling, stay together as a group, but explaining away so many people entering a village, together? That is a bit too complicated. Especially since we can't even say that we are from a village that has burned down due to the war..." That's a good point... I hadn't thought about that. Then again, Link had thought much about any of this. He was confused. Confused and alone. He knew no one, and was too introverted to get to know someone.

The one who was laying down, stood up. Link didn't want to call him "Lazy Arse" because he hardly knew the guy, he didn't want to be using a name like that, even if it was a joke. "Well, I won't deny that I am lazy because I know I am, but if you're going to call people names, please try to think of better ones okay? Anyway, I'm not sure what excuse we will have to use to get into whatever town, but maybe we should split up. I mean go with people who's weapon compliments yours, for example, my musket makes me more of a support character, then well you with your sword. Meaning while you are up front hackin', I would be in the back sniping, or picking people off. Same goes for the "magic" users." He can't be too lazy, since he has obviously put some thought into this...

"Then again what do I know?" He continued. "You know, I didn't see any shipwrecks in these waters, but I wonder if there are any around here..."

"You expect to see shipwrecks on these beaches when the ocean looks like that." Rod said motioning to the water. "I don't know what your thought process is, but a sea needs to be rough to wreak a ship. If your saying you want to go looking for a phantom be my guest, but as for me I'm taking my friend and finding the nearest thing to bloody up." Friend? What does he mean by that? Link thought before Rod motioned to his sword.

Link waited a second, hoping to not be interrupted, or to interrupt anyone, "Personally, I am against splitting up entirely. As..." He looked at the guy with the musket "He has said, it would probably be best to have a pair. One to compliment our fighting style." He voice was really shaky, but at least he wasn't stumbling over his words. "Perhaps we could enter a city or town from multiple angles." He finished.

He felt selfish. The only reason he didn't want to split up was to make things easier for him. If they split up, he'd have to go through the process of getting to know someone, which was hell for him.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • "You expect to see shipwrecks on these beaches when the ocean looks like that." Rod said motioning to the water. "I don't know what your thought process is, but a sea needs to be rough to wreak a ship. If your saying you want to go looking for a phantom be my guest, but as for me I'm taking my friend and finding the nearest thing to bloody up." Said the kid named rod, violent little sucker if you asked me, and I was asking me, so there! Anyway, back to business, that kid obviously didn't get the hint..."Idiot..." I said under my breath unknowingly.

"Perhaps we could enter a city or town from multiple angles." Said the kid with the spear, who seemed to be tripping over his own words a lot. A shy person... I guess I could work with him, could be fun anyways. Walking up to him I put a hand on his shoulder and grinned at him, making a thumbs up sign with my other hand. I think it's a good idea, anyone else? Good! Then we're all in agreement." I then turned to look at Link, now addressing him. " Since you were the one to propose the plan, and you have a spear and sword I guess I'll be going with you, so lets get moving!"

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    "I... um... My name is Link. I imagine... uh... I imagine that we are all in the same...um... predicament. So we... will need to..." The man paused for a second, a second which Mike could tell was torture for the poor guy, before adding a small "yeah.." and turning away from the group. Empathetic was something Michael had, though not much, and he honestly felt bad for the poor guy. He knew exactly what it was like...or at least he thought he did. The memory was there, or the space in which the memory had been was there, but now it was empty. Like when you look for a book in a bookshelf and you know exactly where the book is but it's not there. An uneasy grimace formed upon the man's face as he ran a hand through his short hair out of nervous habit. Mike didn't know what memory was missing, only that the fact he couldn't remember was so very unsettling. It was just...wrong.

"I'm Kuro. I don't know what's going on, but I do know we need to do something." The man with the katana, named Kuro apparently, spoke up, breaking Mike out of his uneasy thoughts. "I don't want answers. I want to do something. I want my memories back, if they were ever even mine at all." Finally! Somebody was speaking his language! The note had told them to do something and somebody finally decided it was a good idea to do so. This guy, Kuro, seemed to be a pretty smart guy, judging by the way he had composed himself and by the way he spoke, and Mike liked this guy. Kuro was the man with the plan.

And again another person spoke up from the group once more, this time a newcomer named Alianna. She, like Mike, had also agreed with Rod and added that perhaps if they stuck together then maybe, just maybe, this war-stopping business would be easier. It made so much sense it struck the man as odd that she would have to say that plan aloud. As Mike thought the idea over another young woman joined their little party - Jenna Brogue. She seemed to be another one of those...whatcha-ma-call-its. Mages or something.

As the group went around discussing what they should do, with some nice side-comments from Lazy Arse, Mike began to fiddle around with his Halberd, twisting the long shaft into the white sand beneath him as he halfheartedly listened to the conversation. The ideas and opinions were so different from one another - some wanted to act right then, some wanted to act as well but wanted to form a plan first, and then some wanted to go into a city or town and then...do what? These ideas were a start but that was it.

Which brought up that same little nagging voice, "How the hell are you going to stop a war in a land you no nothing about!? Huh, tough guy!?"

"-nally, I am against splitting up entirely. As..." Link motioned to Musket. "He has said, it would probably be best to have a pair. One to compliment our fighting style. Perhaps we could enter a city or town from multiple angles."

To compliment one's fighting style, eh? A sword user and someone with a Musket made a bit of sense, at least in Mike's head it did, but what exactly would go with a Halberd? A sword? A magic user ( Which he still didn't entirely believe in. ) ? Well he wasn't picky, he'd take anyone really. Everyone in there little party of ten seemed nice enough, Musket he wasn't sure about yet, but everyone else just seemed really confused, nice, but confused. While speaking of nice gestures, Musket clasped Link on the shoulder and actually agreed with the plan he had suggested.

"H-Hold on!" Mike said quickly, tumbling over his words as he did, to stop the two from leaving so soon. "I, uh, understand about paring up with someone and all that, but why split up to enter a city or town or whatever? I really doubt people are going to come up to us and greet us." He smirked as he pulled his weapon out of the sand and, with his free hand, motioned towards everyone. "If I saw a group of people carrying weapons like these I'd get the hell out-a their way. The last thing we need to be worrying about right now is how people look at us. "

" 'Sides, even if we find a city or even another group of people what are we gonna do? Ask 'em how the war is going? " He chuckled slightly at the thought. A group of ten battle-ready people asking about a war that might have not even started yet. Yeah, they'd sure blend in. "But hey, I'm fine with winging it. As long as we find out whoever took our memories I will do whatever. " He finished off his sentace with a shrug and glanced around the group, awaiting their reactions.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Listening to the various plans, Charlie frowned slightly. Given that none of them seemed to have the darndest clue where they were and how they had gotten here, splitting up really didn't seem to be the best option to her...it was like that awkward guy Link had said, they were all in the same boat so to speak...surely it would make more sense for them all, at least for now while they got to know this strange place they'd found themselves stranded on, to stay together?

Then a worse thought hit her, and she started somewhat before catching herself - someone, and none of them knew who, had brought them here to complete some kind of 'mission' for them. Hadn't anybody ever heard of the phrase 'divide and conquer?' Who was to say that this wasn't some dark plan to have them all killed, or at least captured to act as slaves for the rest of their lives or something equally horrific!

"I...I'm Charlie," she spoke up suddenly, hoping that she would be heard above the noise that she wouldn't exactly call a furore, but it was getting close to it. "And I agree with...umm...Mike. Splitting up so early when we don't even know what the hell is going on other than some 'mission' set by someone who, again, we don't know from Adam is a really bad idea. If this city is a friendly one, then we will have no need to fear going there together...if it is an unfriendly one, then we should stay the hell away until we at least know what this mission is. We may have weapons and Mages but if this is some elaborate scheme..." she trailed off, suddenly embarrassed at how crazy her words sounded. Sighing, she rubbed her forehead with her fingers and started again. "Look - none of us know where the hell we are or how the hell we got here. I don't know about you guys but as far as I was concerned I was going to have a nice nap, I was NOT going to end up on some mysterious island having been set a mission in the middle of nowhere! We need a real plan before we decide on ANY movement!"

Oh how she hated public speaking. But she had gauged the situation, listened to the ideas of her peers and wasn't particularly convinced by any of them - so it was time for Charlie to put her money where her mouth was and contribute her own ideas, see if that couldn't help them come to SOME kind of decent plan...

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • Rod was getting annoyed, they weren't getting anywhere. More suggestions had been made but that was all they were, suggestions. Each person had their own opinion on the situation, and no one wanted to compromise. Lazy wanted to split into teams, Link didn't want to split up at all, except to enter whatever city they came to. This idea seemed to work fine with Lazy cause he stood up a gave Link a smile and a thumbs up suggesting that the two of them party up, and then they started to leave. Not that he was too sad to see Lazy leave, he heard the comment he made under his breath.

"Who does this guy think he is?" Rod thought to himself. "Just cause he's so mysterious and won't even give out his name doesn't make him better than me!"

"H-Hold on!" Mike piped up, speaking quickly as though he didn't want the two to leave. "I, uh, understand about paring up with someone and all that, but why split up to enter a city or town or whatever? I really doubt people are going to come up to us and greet us. If I saw a group of people carrying weapons like these I'd get the hell out-a their way. The last thing we need to be worrying about right now is how people look at us. "

"Now there's a guy who knows what's going on!" Rod thought to himself, and he was about to speak when the newest person to join the group quickly interjected.

"I...I'm Charlie," she said. "And I agree with...umm...Mike. Splitting up so early when we don't even know what the hell is going on other than some 'mission' set by someone who, again, we don't know from Adam is a really bad idea. If this city is a friendly one, then we will have no need to fear going there together...if it is an unfriendly one, then we should stay the hell away until we at least know what this mission is. We may have weapons and Mages but if this is some elaborate scheme..." she trailed off, rubbed her forehead and started again. "Look - none of us know where the hell we are or how the hell we got here. I don't know about you guys but as far as I was concerned I was going to have a nice nap, I was NOT going to end up on some mysterious island having been set a mission in the middle of nowhere! We need a real plan before we decide on ANY movement!"

Now Rod had just about had it, he was done. This girl, Charlie, proposed not doing anything until they had a solid plan?! The problem was that at the pace they were going that might be days! If they had been sent here to end a war they should act quickly, waiting too long would allow the war to drag, allowing sides to draw up battle lines, defend territory, all in all it would make their getting home harder. And if, and that's a long if, the war hadn't started yet, they would have to act even more quickly. Acting was, in his opinion, a whole lot better that reacting.

"Gah!" Rod shouted aloud, throwing his hands into the air. "We aren't getting anywhere. If there is an impeding war we need to move, NOW! We know nothing, yes, so the only way we are going to know anything is by asking someone who does know. This means we have to go to a city and when we get their we'll figure out if it's friend or foe, cause we can't know from here. If it's friendly, great, we can figure out what is going on, if not we'll kill some things and go to the next city. I am so tired of waiting and doing nothing, I'm heading off and anyone who wishes to get something done can follow."

Rod then turned away from the group and began heading down the dirt road. He was split on how he hoped the group would react. On the one hand he hoped someone would follow him and make him feel less awkward after that outburst, and on the other he kinda hoped no one would follow cause then he would be forced to get to know them. On second thought that wouldn't be too bad, as long and they didn't slow him down with incessant talking anymore.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Kuro listened intently as more introductions were made. The group continued arguing, trying to decide whether they should make a plan on how to proceed, or just act. The one with the big sword, Rod, seemed to be getting annoyed with the whole thing, while Link-with-the-spear stood there awkwardly. The one on the ground, nicknamed "Lazy-arse" by Miharu, suggested splitting up, which was an idea Kuro liked. The less strangers the better. Mike and the girl with the fencing sword disagreed, however, believeing it was unwise to divide the team so early. There was a suggestion about "pairing up", which meant pairing people together based on how their weapons complimented each other. Kuro thought that seemed like a wise plan, even though he didn't want a plan. He just wanted his memories back... if he even ever had memories. He didn't remember any memories.

Kuro snapped back to reality. Rod was speaking again. "We aren't getting anywhere. If there is an impeding war we need to move, NOW! We know nothing, yes, so the only way we are going to know anything is by asking someone who does know. This means we have to go to a city and when we get their we'll figure out if it's friend or foe, cause we can't know from here. If it's friendly, great, we can figure out what is going on, if not we'll kill some things and go to the next city. I am so tired of waiting and doing nothing, I'm heading off and anyone who wishes to get something done can follow," he said. Kuro agreed with this idea. He wanted something done, and it seemed like this Rod was going to get it done. Rod began to walk away, leaving the others in the group in shock. Kuro let a small, amused smile escape. "Finally," he said, following Rod down the dirt road. "For those of you who don't want to split up, I suggest you follow Rod as well," he added, glancing back at the group. "If not, then farewell." Kuro walked on down the road, feeling almost excited that something was finally happening. Almost.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Rin laughed inside her mind about the multiple conversations that was being thrown about pointlessly. Clearly, they couldn't read or maybe they mistook the words on the letter that was addressed to them for something else. The note clearly stated they were in the 'South' where the concept of magic was welcomed, so putting it easily, if they mention they were protectors of magic or something along that line, the towns within the region would welcome them, hopefully. If not... well that's another story. But maybe.... the fear of being in a different place than home got to the people as they continued bickering before a few of the men decided to put their foots down.

Rin thought maybe now was a good time to speak. Everyone was extremely indecisive and that in itself is something Rin was annoyed with. Decide on something and do it. Simple... or to her thinking anyways, which people found wasn't good enough. Rin decided to mention the note once more as to assess to the fears and whatnot of the others.

"... If you people have forgotten..." Rin tried to project her voice over the many other speakers. "... as we are in the South... where magic is welcomed and all, ...Maybe we should just introduce ourselves as... say... a group of traveling mercenaries... who, of course, are on the side of magic. We have a few magic users in our party... though I do not know if they CAN or CANNOT use it, just the mentioning of that would possibly aid us in someways. And I'm sure we can get information at the nearest town over there." Rin couldn't believe she was talking so much, something she doesn't usually do. "So... I don't know about you guys... But I'm thinking we should go to that town... up on that hill. I'm still tired after all..." Rin finished with the hint of fatigue in her voice as she was pointing at a few rows of houses that could be seen atop the far hill. She hated over-thinking things and decided to go with her gut.

Last edited:

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Well this is a bit of a predicament.

Now Mike wanted the group to stay together, he believed strongly in the saying 'strength with numbers', and thought it would be a lot easier for them to complete their task if they followed that simple rule. With more numbers they would be stronger, with more numbers they could fight bigger battles, with more numbers they had a chance - a small chance, but it was something. The same couldn't be said for coming up with a plan of action. They could sit there all day and discuss what could or might happen, but until they did something they wouldn't get anywhere at all. A plan could be made so they would be able to react to a certain situation, but what if that certain situation never occurred? It would have been a big waste of valuable time, that's what and Mike, well, didn't want to take those chances.

Or to simplify this, by the means of Mike's actual thoughts, it would go something a bit like this, "The more we sit and talk the more time we waste! We just need to stick together and that's that, no fancy plans and what-not. We can make stuff up as we go! It's not that hard..."

When the new girl, Charlie was her name, spoke up about stopping and making a plan the man had to hold back a frustrated rumble of disagreement. He might disagree with these people but they were the only ones that knew what he was going through and he felt he needed to stay on their good side. So when Rod voiced his own frustration over the whole fiasco Mike couldn't help bit let a sly grin appear on his face, only to disappear when only Kuro answered the call to move forward. With an awkward sort of half-shuffle the man gripped his halberd tightly and followed after the two Warriors that had decided to act. He bent, shoulders slumped, and eyes plastered on the ground in front of him, Mike quickly moved out of the group and onto a dirt path that looked fairly well-trodden. With ease he caught up with Rod and Kuro, giving both a half-hearted smile before glancing over his shoulder to see if anyone else had decided to tag along.

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Chapter 4
    introductions pt 3 Let's get moving!

First person to respond to Link was the guy with the musket. He put a hand on Link's shoulder, making a thumbs up with the other hand and said "Since you were the one to propose the plan, and you have a spear and sword I guess I'll be going with you, so lets get moving!"

"What? No, I meant if we absolutely had to..." Link said trying not to get dragged off. He wasn't sure if it the guy heard him though...

Just as he was about to give up hope, someone spoke up:
    "H-Hold on!" What was his name... Mike? Yeah. That's it. Mike said. Yeah. "I, uh, understand about paring up with someone and all that, but why split up to enter a city or town or whatever? I really doubt people are going to come up to us and greet us." He pulled his weapong out of the ground with a smirk, "If I saw a group of people carrying weapons like these I'd get the hell out-a their way. The last thing we need to be worrying about right now is how people look at us. "

" 'Sides, even if we find a city or even another group of people what are we gonna do? Ask 'em how the war is going? " He chuckled, "But hey, I'm fine with winging it. As long as we find out whoever took our memories I will do whatever." He finsihed, shrugging.

"I...I'm Charlie," One girl spoke up. Link preferred to listen, and even though it was kind of loud, he heard her voice pretty clearly. "And I agree with...umm...Mike. Splitting up so early when we don't even know what the hell is going on other than some 'mission' set by someone who, again, we don't know from Adam is a really bad idea. If this city is a friendly one, then we will have no need to fear going there together...if it is an unfriendly one, then we should stay the hell away until we at least know what this mission is. We may have weapons and Mages but if this is some elaborate scheme..." She trailed off, paused, then continued, "Look - none of us know where the hell we are or how the hell we got here. I don't know about you guys but as far as I was concerned I was going to have a nice nap, I was NOT going to end up on some mysterious island having been set a mission in the middle of nowhere! We need a real plan before we decide on ANY movement!"

"Gah!" Rod shouted. "We aren't getting anywhere. If there is an impeding war we need to move, NOW! We know nothing, yes, so the only way we are going to know anything is by asking someone who does know. This means we have to go to a city and when we get their we'll figure out if it's friend or foe, cause we can't know from here. If it's friendly, great, we can figure out what is going on, if not we'll kill some things and go to the next city. I am so tired of waiting and doing nothing, I'm heading off and anyone who wishes to get something done can follow." He finsihed his 'speech' by turning and walking away.

"For those of you who don't want to split up, I suggest you follow Rod as well," Kuro said calmly. "If not, then farewell." And he was headed down the road with Rod.

"... If you people have forgotten..." Someone started. "... as we are in the South... where magic is welcomed and all, ...Maybe we should just introduce ourselves as... say... a group of traveling mercenaries... who, of course, are on the side of magic. We have a few magic users in our party... though I do not know if they CAN or CANNOT use it, just the mentioning of that would possibly aid us in someways. And I'm sure we can get information at the nearest town over there." By this point, Link had realized it was Rin who was talking. "So... I don't know about you guys... But I'm thinking we should go to that town... up on that hill. I'm still tired after all..." She finished, pointing at some houses in the distance.

Rod started to speak again, "The more we sit and talk the more time we waste! We just need to stick together and that's that, no fancy plans and what-not. We can make stuff up as we go! It's not that hard..." And with that he was off with Rod and Kuro.

"Frankly, I like this idea," Link said. He was against splitting up. One on one situations were hard for him. "Those three are right. We don't need to split up. Not yet anyways." He hoped no one thought he was contradicting himself. He never wanted to split up in the first place. It was almost forced upon him. "Rin is right too. We don't have much to worry about unless someone here is strongly against magic." Link was getting better at talking. His voice was shaky still, but it wasn't as noticeable. "I dunno about you but I am going with them." He finished, and started in the new group's direction.

I hope this is gonna work

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back