• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love--- does it hurt or not?

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    What most people feel which they refer to as 'love' is most often infatuation. In that sense, I agree with sugarpunk that true love can't hurt. However infatuation, crushes, etc. can hurt like hell.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    Well I'm in a relationship and being with my boyfriend just makes me feel so content and fullfilled, but at times like now when he hasn't replied to texts, or made himself available to talk to it makes me feel sad/worried, because he typically responds within 20 mins.

Your question actually makes me think of I a song I learned in my korean class which is about love being light and darkness.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Hmm..
    In my opinion love doesn't hurt anybody or anything, people do.
    I mean sure, when you're in love you're definantly going to have your ups and downs.
    But if it's REAL love in the end it'll see the light of another day everyday, and thus nobody getting hurt.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    well, sometimes you can look for the one you love but if you're patient you can find true love, and with love sure theres may be lots of crying and arguements ut with the mistakes you make, you learn from them, I'm kinda in a relationship now and my older sister is helping me thru it.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Love is complicated... My friend doesn't believe in love. I dunno, I've had my heart broken so bad, I was dying inside. Right now I like a guy, but he's with someone. Yeah, it hurts. But I guess it's life.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I think love can be the best thing in life, but also the most painful. Loving someone alot makes you so happy, but if something were to happen and you couldn't be with that person anymore, then it would be the most painful thing ever. Yeah.. that's what I feel, anyway =)

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
    I see a lot of responses by people in their early teens. My response to them is, just wait until you are older. When you are that young, one cannot distinguish between love and a simple crush. I have personally never seen a teen couple last long, heck, my cousin once dated this one guy for about 10 hours, and she dumped him because she suddenly, and I quote, "Didn't love him anymore, I like this other guy now." end quote. and she was 12!

Now, I agree with the whole concept of there being a right person for everyone... well, almost everyone. I believe that sometimes, some people aren't meant to love, which might be because he/she is too jealous or maybe way self-centered to care about a partner's feelings.

Personally, when my first girlfriend dumped me, I didn't feel bad. I figured that if she didn't care for me, so be it. I wasn't going to cry over someone that didn't loved me, who decided that someone else was better than me. Nope, I just got on with my life.

Chairzard

Professor oak finished chair
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    Truth

well, sometimes you can look for the one you love but if you're patient you can find true love, and with love sure theres may be lots of crying and arguements ut with the mistakes you make, you learn from them, I'm kinda in a relationship now and my older sister is helping me thru it.

I'm sorry but women aren't good at assisting men with dating and relationships, if I listened to my sister I would have to put on my white knight armor and start sucking up to girls.It wasn't till i ditched all advice from women, and started learning from men, that I've met many girls and have had successful relationships.Things like not giving a girl a compliment till shes earned it, rewarding good behavior, for example, she dresses real pretty and looks good then reward her by telling her she is beautiful.Never spoon feed compliments or she will think she is the prize not you.I don't mean be a jerk or never listen to her, but in general you should be thinking of where to go and what to do.

Long story short the success to a long and loving relationship is with the man leading it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, love hurts :\ But it's kind our own fault we've got to the point where we can be hurt so badly, so quickly. In my view, love's potential to bloom has been diluted by our enhanced levels of communication opening the doorway to a bigger pool of potential partners...

I mean, in the past you got to know everyone your own age in your own community, and someone would click not because they were the one, but because they came closest to what you wanted in the choices you had. Now, with the internet, and mobile phones and video calling and multinational dating sites and chatrooms et cetera..we think we don't have to settle anymore, and we cast our net far too wide and far too thin..

Or to put it another way, we sow seeds far outside our potential garden and can't hope to water them effectively. So how can love grow?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I'm going to have to agree with Ausaudriel, Innocence, and [sugarPUNK!] on this one. True love brings you a different type of happiness then what you've felt before love, and love itself doesn't actually hurt. It's how people in love react to each other, how attached they get to the feeling that love gives them that hurts. Greed drives you to try and hold on to the happiness and closeness, but it's when you don't get that closeness that it hurts. So, indirectly I guess love does hurt, but love itself isn't the cause.

And I know that probably seemed like some fortune telling incoherent babble, but oh well XD

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    You just have to find a right person. Me, I haven't in to this "love" yet. I still need to finish College and have a nice job.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    Love doe's hurt, but again it depends on the person you are with
    and if he/she loves you more or less.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2008
    Love is alright because it depends on the person you are with. Once I had a girlfriend and she just did not like me so I just got broke up and waited until the next one showed up and I am with her at this minute.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    My personal opinion is that love is a very strong form of physical attraction; basically that sort of 'meant to be', 'destined' force described in romance novels and movies doesn't exist. Scientifically, love is said to only last two years.
    It's a feeling of its own; it's the circumstances under which it is felt that determine whether the entire situation is painful to someone or not. Basically, no. It doesn't hurt to 'fall in love'- it's merely other people and yourself that bring about the pain involved.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well, I have a GF. I'll be honest, we never & will not break up until someones does something stupid to one another. If we do. IT HURTS-BAD.

Ayoumi Hamasakie

Sapporo, Japan
    Years
    Yume_mirai is right... some boys cannot be trusted a lot because some of them cheats, which hurts even more... a single ''thank you'' somehow hurts a bit. but it is ok cause there could only be one love..

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Yume_mirai is right... some boys cannot be trusted a lot because some of them cheats, which hurts even more... a single ''thank you'' somehow hurts a bit. but it is ok cause there could only be one love..
    Yume's gone... I do miss him.
    You're surprisingly correct there.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    I currently have a boyfriend. It is cool because they buy you stuff all the time, but they sometimes cheat and break up with you "because it's not the right time".

Nothing personal, but if you like someone because "They buy you stuff" it isn't love. All other posts like it, I didn't forget you, I just chose not to quote.

Ausaudriel, I'm glad I helped make you think. I seriously believe that we're all getting insensitive and unwilling to put anything into a relationship, which is why so many fall apart. If you don't think somewhere along the line, then you'll continue to follow the paradigm that we've all evolved to follow in the last 50 years.

-Ryan

Oh, black wolf, I failed to read your post. Even though you weren't targeting me, rather targeting young teens who talk of materialistic and love at first sight, I find the age stereotype a little perturbing. I'd just like to say that even if the mortal shell we call a body has only aged a decade and some, our souls can age and mature outside time.

Never judge a book by it's cover, people,

-Ryan²

...I've re-assessed your post, and found out that really, when I thought you were addressing young teens who take love rather lightly, I realize you meant only the latter part really. My apologies.

-Ryan³

Last edited:
    Back