• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love Me (MayxDrew)-(AshxMisty)

How much do you like this fanfic?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Sorry about that last thing. I didn't want to ruin the experience. I'll give a hint and a few hours for guesses before I post the next chapter. c-:

(HINT)--->The character is a female that I CREATED for the fic.

Last edited:

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    mediamixa said:
    Wow! That was a great story. Suspenful but funny at times.

Thanks. I am glad to have all you readers, maybe even guests that cannot post, around to enjoy my fic. Otherwise, it wouldn't be as much fun!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah, it's a very interesting read, but IMO the AAML scene was a bit rushed into......and the characters seem a bit...out-of-character. But it's still pretty good. Can't wait to see the next part.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Chapter 8 - Part 1

READY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER?

TOO BAD! Only kidding!

Chapter 8, Part 1- The Truth All Comes Out(well, maybe not ALL of it)

It wasn't possible. She was supposed to be...well, she just wasn't who anyone would've expected. "TA DA!" she said, cackling darkly.

"No..." May said softly. "I trusted you!"

"Shocking isn't it May? Trust, most of you here know, must be gained through deeds. What did I do for you May?" Kimberley Wimple's face had been revealed. "Aww, it's too bad I'll have to wipe you all out." Kimberley's distorted face finally decided it wanted to look mad, and her icy stare was too much for Max as she scanned the room, who shrank back.

Misty scowled at her. How heartless could humans be?

"You and what army?" Ash spat defiantly.

"Like you don't know! Why don't we get some volunteers? How about Drew, hmm?" her expression was of fake sympathy and her coldness now showed through her disguised facial expressions. "May? Maybe even little Maxie-"

"Leave my brother out of this you fraud," May shouted defensively. "What are you talking about?"

Max was trembling in a corner. Pikachu was losing air, as he hugged him to his chest. "Pi-chaaa..." It sighed, when he let go, still avoiding Kimberley as she seemed to purposely inch toward him by the second.

"Yeah," Drew said, "Why would we know?" He looked very mad. Kimberley didn't seem to mind however, and continued on.

"You two should know most of all." She brushed her hair away from one eye with her hand.

"Pikachu," Ash called, gritting his teeth. The obedient mouse zipped toward Ash, avoiding Kimberley's path as she grabbed for it. "Ready to do this?" he asked his Pokemon.

"Pika," the mouse seethed, nodding, as it stood in front of Ash, staring the double-crossing contestant down. "Pikachu!" This next comment was said quite forcefully to Kimberley. The mouse was dead-set on stopping her.

"That's it!" Max said triumphantly, figuring it out. "You're gonna-"

"You won't reveal my plan, Flaafy Thunder Wave!" Kimberley was quick with the toss, and Flaafy Pokeball sailed through the air quite fast.

"Pikachu help out," Ash quickly ordered, just as Flaafy was created from a flash of light. She was already charging the attack to paralyze Max. Pikachu was running as fast as possible. Two feet from Max, Pikachu dove.

The rings of light energy flew through the air toward Max. He freaked out.

"Whaaaa!" he panicked, flailing his arms uselessly. The glowing circles of energy shut tighter as they neared Max. The figure of the yellow mouse came into view, and Pikachu's tail sprang up in front of the attack.

Without orders, Pikachu preformed its Iron Tail attack. The thin zig-zagging tail stiffened, and began to glow. In midair, Pikachu's tail caught the rings like hoola-hoops on a pole. They spun for a while as they met Pikachu's tail, which cancelled out their paralyzing effects. Pikachu squealed, as it flipped once in a smooth motion, sending the rings off its tail into the wall. The streamers along the wall fell as it crumbled.

Suddenly, the Man named Hank called out an order, once the wall began to give way, falling toward Pikachu. "PROTECT!"

The buzzing bee zipped past Kimberley, causing her to fall when the trail of wind left in its path hit her. She pressed her hand against the floor, and righted herself quickly. "That does it! May, your brother is NOT gonna get in my way or any of you!" Her fists clenched, as Beedrill's striped yellow and coal black coat came into Pikachu's view. A green sheet of light spread out in front of it, and the chunks of the wall and the streamers all disentegrated when they touched this barrier.

"I can get rid of your Beedrill," Kimberley said, her face now beet red. "Dustox go, tackle," she commanded, rotating to one side to stare at Ash, Misty, and Brock.

Dustox's shape formed from a bright red beam, and it charged, ramming Beedrill and they both were sent careening through the air backstage. Luckily, every contest competitor had either fled backstage or gone into the contest's main room to see what was up.

"Quit it Kimberley!" Misty shouted, gripping her Great Ball tightly. Her elegance had Ash distracted for a moment. Noticing he wasn't paying attention to his Pokemon, she spoke.

"Destroy Pikachu," she seethed. Her hands were at her sides now, holding the two Pokeballs. She was now definitely an enemy.

Flaafy rushed at Pikachu, catching it in the side with thunderpunch. This attack was well practiced, that much was obvious, as Flaafy swiftly slashed the distance between it and Pikachu, slamming a static-filled arm into the foe. In response, Pikachu stepped away and fired a bolt of electricity at Flaafy. The thunderbolt was not expected, and Flaafy tiptoed a few feet back. Following up, Pikachu swept it's long tail underneath Flaafy, tripping it.

It may have been unprepared for at least a few seconds, but now it was back in the game. Pikachu did not need or depend on Ash to tell him what to do in battle, though it fought by his side. Ash had trained it well enough to fight independently.

Beedrill erupted through the double-doors that led onstage from backstage, Dustox after it. Dustox fired a thick sheet of web at Beedrill, that thinned out as it reached the opponent. There was now only a long rope of web coming at Beedrill. Suddenly, the bee whipped around, smacking away the web with its antennas.

Next, Beedrill retaliated with a twineedle attack. Five small needles soared forward at Dustox. The moth was pinned to the wall by its transparent wings, but instantly tore away, powerful enough to survive a move like Twineedle. It struck the bee across the face with a silky wing, managing to back away when Beedrill countered the Wing Attack with Mega Horn.

"Great job pal," Ash congratulated, observing how Pikachu handled the sneak attack. Misty was staring down Kimberley in the meantime.

"Hey, why don't you try to stop me, huh?" Misty said this with an air of mockery. The temples on Kimberley's forehead pulsed.

"Maybe I will," she replied, stashing the two Pokeballs and sending out a Surskit. "Try me now."

Misty nodded with a confident glare, tossing a Pokeball and catching it expertly as it returned to her hand. "Starmie, psybeam!" Her well trained Pokemon hopped over in front of her, shaking its body to get rid of the water specks that dotted it in several places. It let loose a twirling blue and violet DNA-shaped stream of energy that...missed?

"Surskit water pulse," Kimberley said, smiling as her Pokemon dodged, and the beam hit Beedrill instead. Misty gritted her teeth, muttering, "SHOOT!" Next she pointed to Surskit. "We can do this Starmie! Water Gun!"

Her star-like partner jumped into the air, cartwheeling in place in rapid succession, firing jets of water from microscopic holes at the tips of it's pointed protrusions from the core. Surskit was not quick enough, and was blasted in the face several times with strings of water.

Beedrill finally regained its balance, in time to slip out of the path of Dustox's toxic attack. The posionous spit charred the floor as it evaporated. The match was heating up quick, as Beedrill charged with a quick attack. The line of glowing energy was almost invisible, but there, as the bee flew at lightspeed toward Dustox.

Max tried to run, but Kimberley was fast, and grabbed him by the arm. "Heeeelp!" he cried, struggling, but unable to break away. May grunted, reaching for a Pokeball.

"Let Max go," May and Brock yelled, stepping forward. Brock released his Mudkip, ready to help.

"Make me," Kimberley said, just as Surskit knocked Starmie down with headbutt. Brock grinned.

"Sure. Mudkip mud shot! Max shut your eyes."

Kimberley shrieked, as Mudkip sprayed her with mud from it's mouth. "EWW GROSS," she complained, holding up a hand to block the brown sludge. Max closed his eyes just in time, as a few drops of mud landed on his nose. Disgusted, he wiped his face clean of the mud with one hand, and thought up something that might help.

Hank ordered, "Beedrill finish this with gust!" His bug Pokemon nodded its understanding, shoving Dustox to the stage floor with a burst of wind. The foe was beaten, and with much difficulty flew back to Kimberley, where it was returned.

Back at the corner of the stage, Pikachu was evading Flaafy. Right now, it had no idea how to overcome this foe. Flaafy ducked under the mouse as it hopped away, and managed to whip around in time to knock it down with thunder.

Electric energy crackling throughout its body, Pikachu stood, and ran at Flaafy. Ignoring its pain, Pikachu flipped into the air.

Kimberley grinned as she spoke to both Pokemon. "Surskit, Bubblebeam, and Flaafy agility!" Misty's Starmie had been doing quite well, lowering Surskit's stamina bit by bit. The sudden volley of bubbles clouded its vision, and from behind it felt a sharp pang. Surskit had manuevered around it while it was distracted, and slammed Starmie to the floor with an ice beam.

The stream of clear blue solid ice crashed into Starmie, causing it to stagger around and eventually fall on its face. Misty was shocked, and her face showed it.

"Don't worry Misty," Ash said, releasing a Pokemon from its metal containment orb. "Sceptile, Leaf Blade!" His recently evolved Sceptile lurched forward at Surskit, who just barely dodged Sceptile's outstreched arm, which had a sharp leaf protruding from it. The leaf was inches from Surskit's face, who cringed, and slid away.

"It missed?" Max asked, for the moment forgetting his escape plan. "How can that be? A Surskit isn't evasive enough to dodge a Sceptile like Ash's!"

"I trained my Surskit beyond the limits of its form, preventing evolution with this special stone." Kimberley flashed a shiny rock in the air, stowing it away once Ash, Misty, and Max had looked at it. "That's why you can't hit Surskit."

Ash glared at Kimberley, then at Surskit, who was zipping out of the way after letting Sceptile close in on it, confusing the Pokemon. The green forest Pokemon was, after a dozen failed swings of its arms, panting heavily.

Misty urged, "Starmie get up!" Luckily, her Pokemon was still able to engage in combat, and it got up. "Great! Now get Surskit!"

The blue water type bug was aware of the fact that two Pokemon were now after it, and bombarded Sceptile with orbs of water, before gaining some distance from the pursuers. Starmie however, surprised it with another Psychic attack. Confusion scrambled up its thoughts, and Sceptile struck. It cut Surskit swiftly with a Leaf Blade attack, and struck a pose when Surskit was called back into its Pokeball.

Pikachu had avoided Flaafy long enough, and was following with its own agility now. The two were like speeding bullets, tackling each other every so often while speeding around the entire contest hall. Finally they both tired out, and were back onstage.

"There you guys are!" Ash exclaimed, grinning. "Pikachu, ready to use your Iron Tail?" The yellow rodent nodded eagerly, flashing him a weak smile.

"Use your mid-air tail whip," Kimberley ordered, shoving Max away as he bit her arm. Blood trickled down her sleeve. "OUCH! You brat!"

"Hey," Max said, approaching Ash. "Where did Brock and May go? Also, where's Drew?" Ash and Misty searched with their eyes, and instantly felt bad for not noticing the two were missing.

Flaafy jumped at Pikachu, who did the same to her. The two tails collided with a loud ringing noise, and they parted, both falling hard on the stage floor. After a long suspenseful silence, Pikachu stood, and hurried over to Ash, hopping onto his shoulder.

"NO WAY!" Kimberley screamed suddenly. "You beat all but my last Pokemon?" She pointed at each of the kids. "You all ruined the plan!"

"What plan?" Max asked with a smirk. "Your plan to use May and Drew's Pokemon against THEM?" Ash, Misty, and Hank gasped. As if on cue, May, Brock, and Drew came running.

"There was a Tropius chasing us back there," Drew said, hands on his knees as he panted. Brock and May nodded.

"Nice try Kimberley! We lost it backstage," May said. She undid her bandana, and put it back on tighter than before.

"Then how is it right behind us?" Brock said nervously, as he turned around at the sound of stomping. May followed suit, yelping when she noticed the pursuer had found them.

"Don't be afraid," said a voice. It was Mellisa Tang, standing onstage with Fernando, and both were participants of the Lilycove Contest.

"Mellisa told me what was up so I came to help," Fernando said, smiling sheepishly. "Eveen though I didn't make it I figured I could come help out," he added. "Delibird do your thing!" His arctic bird Pokemon flapped its wings to show it understood, and flew toward Tropius. A nicely done drill peck attack left Tropius nearly defeated.

"Where are all you brats coming from?" Kimberley called out angrily. "Tropius, solarbeam!" Tropius had already gained enough solar power for the attack because the ceiling had a glass covering above the stage, which light shone through.

Misty called back Starmie, just as Brock's Graveler was sucked inside its Pokeball, which had wandered off to, for some odd reason, chew the curtains to the stage. She turned her attention away from Ash for the moment to watch Delibird and Tropius.

Delibird was hit directly in the chest with a thick concentrated beam of solar energy. The bird staggered back, just as Tropius came at it with a headbutt.

"Counter," Fernando shouted, panicking as he thought of his Pokemon being defeated. Delibird shook its head, and turned towards Tropius once more.

Delibird patiently stood while Tropius came nearer, then, a foot from the foe, it made its move. The bird stepped forward, ducking under Tropius' neck, and jutted its wing upward, sending the unprepared grass type crashing down, into the very hatch Kimberley had known of all along.

Speaking of Kimberley, she was now inching away from the scene. "You can come out now!" she whispered. Her hair was tangled up in a mess of strands, which made her use one hand to brush some of it aside. When her hand came away from her face, she saw Max running at her.

"This is for grabbing me," he declared, sweeping a foot underneath her as she made a break for it. Face first, she tripped and fell onto the carpeted floor. The carpet was dark blue mixed in with sky blue, and it mixed together in a color-blending swirl in the middle of the room, which is exactly where Team Rocket was. They had run inside from a second backstage exit, with Flygon, Masquerain, Bulbasaur, and Combusken surrounding them, protectively?.

"Hahahaha!" James laughed deviously, Meowth hopping over beside him. "It all went as planned!" Kimberley took advantage of the fact that Max was observing the trio as they entered, and scooted away to stand inside the circle of stolen Pokemon guards.

"Finally we beat you snotnosed twerps and got what WE want!" Jesse was rubbing her hands together in deep thought. "Now, with these two losers' Pokemon, we shall have the promotion we've been craving!"

"Yeah, an' that means getting rid of you guys first!" Meowth jabbed a finger at the group that had beaten Kimberley. They all struck poses with their Pokemon, clearly about to strike.

"Team Rocket," Brock announced. May nodded as she glared at the evildoers. "Back again?"

"Naturally," James said, cockily running a hand through his hair.

The judges were now alongside their Pokemon. Harpee spoke right after Ash did, her Hariyama stepping toward Team Rocket.

"Then I guess we'll just naturally have to send you blasting off," Ash retorted, gesturing for Pikachu to attack. "So let's go buddy-"

"Wait," Harpee cut in, raising a hand. "I've got this one! Hariyama Arm Thrust!"

Her sumo wrestler resembling Pokemon bumbled over towards the group of villains. "Hari-yama!" It cried out, reaching out with an extended arm to punch Flygon.

"STOP," Drew called out, and Hariyama halted halfway into connecting the blow. May continued for him.

"That's right! Those are our Pokemon Harpee!"

Harpee shrugged. Then she said flippantly, "It has to be done. Hariyama!" She nodded at her Pokemon to finish the job up.

The fighting type didn't budge. It would not harm other Pokemon if they were actually innocent.

"Flygon," Jesse said, "Dragonbreath!" It, surprisingly, obeyed, opening its mouth to attack.

The wave of flaming breath was too much for Hariyama, who tumbled backwards on impact, into Harpee's leg. She gave it a dissapointed glance, which hurt it inside, but it stood firm by its beleifs of the innocent.

"NOOO!" Max yelled, and foolishly charged forward at Flygon. "This is wrong. We're your friends Flygon. Listen to us!" He was now ten or more feet from Flygon, who hovered with a defiant glare aimed at Drew, two feet in the air.

"Max stop," May pleaded, but he was gone.

"Now Dragon Rage!" James ordered, and was hit over the head by Jesse.

"That was my line!" She crossed her arms.

The flames enveloped Max, and everyone on Ash's side of the room gasped. What had become of the poor boy? Team Rocket had sunken too low this time.

"Quick attack," Officer Jenny comanded of her Growlithe, which darted forward into the swirling vortex of fire. Only hope could save Max now.

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
  • Your story is one of the few that 1. captured each persons personallty accurately 2. have romance that is'nt corny. although I do have question. Ash's personally,heart, and mind is mostly Pokemon, so usally Misty reveels her feelings. Even that would be hard considering she's shy. note:besides the auther i'm the only boy posting in this thread

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Even that would be hard considering she's shy. note:besides the auther i'm the only boy posting in this thread
    Oh, that boy note...wow. I didn't notice. Us guys have to stick together XD...oh yeah!

Speaking OF guys...Ash. The romance conflict question. Ahhrm...lemme get this right...

I'm ready now -
    Your story is one of the few that 1. captured each persons personallty accurately 2. have romance that is'nt corny. although I do have question. Ash's personally,heart, and mind is mostly Pokemon, so usally Misty reveels her feelings.

Spelling mistakes aside, pretty good post. Uh...

Let me take this step by step - Ash's world revolves around Pokemon, yes. Misty USUALLY tells Ash she loves him 1irst. That isn't the case here, clearly. Misty is shy, like you said, so Ash's feelings for that one instant came through when he had to make a decision. That gave her the courage to express her feelings after he did.

That good? I didn't think I'd say it the way I meant to, but it came out all right. This answer does cover the entire question right?

You think I captured the personalities? THANKS MUCH, even though I think that May and the judges are a bit rough around the edges.

Last edited:

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
  • What i meant was Ash is so interested in pokemon, that he probibly thinks his feelings is mosly freindship(their freindhip(ash+may) is strong so it'l be hard to tell the difference. also if ash is aware if his feelings, he probibly wont admit them fearing that it will jepodise their freindship. Besides, misty's strategy seems to be to wait for ash to make his first move. if the decision came both parties would try to avoid it, although they feel otherwise. They both probibly know is that freindship is most importent. Unfortunally this relation shp cannot be. :(

note:hope i'm not creating a flame war, but i had to post this your thread or not. also posting is like txt messeging they are meant to be misspalld(see i'm aready doing it :laugh: ).

evilmetal2004

Hero trainer
    Years
  • Hmmm this fiction is turning out to be very hot. i read up to chapter 5 already..i cant beleive that green hair jerk of DREW would not likemay's "kiss" he hee. ill read more tomorrow, in the meanwhile keep up the good work

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    For those of you online, this next chapter may be up either in about an hour or two or, if not then, tommorow.
    (Preparing chapter for insertion)

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Chapter 8, Part 2 is up!

LOVE ME

Sorry about making you all wait so long. Here it is.

The small Pokemon rushed into the ring of hot energy, as all eyes watched in wonder. It seemed not to mind the pain from the Dragon Rage, because it was trained to obey under all circumstances. Growlithe seemed to burst into a sprint as it neared the blue flames, in order to shrug off the energy. Instinct or training? Whichever it was, this was a smart and very bold move.

In seconds the Dragon Rage died down, and in Max's place stood a muscular, brave Arcanine. Everyone watching on Ash's side of the room gasped, including himself.

"That Growlithe, surviving Flygon's powerful Dragon Rage, gathered enough experience to evolve," Brock announced in awe. "Incredible!"

"Well..." May gulped, "If that Arcanine is right there, where's Max?" Everyone went silent. The room was dead for a full minute, and finally...

"Right-" A muffled voice replied, and it was so low it was barely audible. "Here!" The voice finished the phrase with a cheerful and higher pitched tone, and the form of Max's hand crept out from under Arcanine. The rest of him soon followed. May, Ash, Misty, Brock, and the judges sighed in relief.

"How the heck did that small twerp survive?" Jesse questioned no one in particular with an angry voice. Meowth and James looked just as annoyed.

"We'll finish you all right here," James boasted. From behind the ring of Pokemon that were now traitors, came a robot. Not just any robot, a Scizor.

"Scizor," the voice rang out, and suprisingly, the Pokemon looked and sounded real. The good guys on one side of the room realized this was a real Scizor, but Team Rocket had placed a metal chip on it to make it do their bidding.

"Hey," Ash said. "That's low of you all!"

"Lower than I ever thought you three could go," Misty finished for him. She smiled at him, and they locked eyes for a quick instant. That small gesture of his head showed he had to hide their secret feelings toward each other until later. She nodded, calling her Corsola out.

"Scizor," James ordered, "Cut attack!"

Scizor zipped forward, slamming one hand into Corsola. It was instantly defeated. This Scizor wasn't fooling around. It was a true fighting machine.

"No fair," Ash spat. "Corsola wasn't even ready! Sceptile, go!"

His forest Pokemon was raring to go, and lunged at Scizor on cue. It lashed out with a few Leaf Blade attacks. These had little affect, and Scizor's cold, hard eyes bored into it without emotion. What had happened to its soul?

"Slash attack," Jesse commanded, grinning. Scizor complied seconds later.

Sceptile's Blade had struck solid flesh, and was jammed into Scizor's side, stuck there. Scizor felt nothing, and the cruel look it was giving Sceptile changed to plain rage, as it tore Sceptile's Blade from it's ribs forcefully.

This threw the obedient Pokemon off balance. It was knocked senseless as a powerful slash attack caught it in the stomach, leaving a wide rip in the skin. Ash watched uselessly. Misty felt horrible, and had to help out somehow. "Staryu," she whispered, calling out a smaller star-like Pokemon with a core in the center, "Water Pulse!"

Ash had just now gotten his game face back on, and asked Sceptile to evade. The woodland Pokemon eagerly did so, sliding away as more Slash attacks cut air, very close to places it had moved to, but not quite hitting it. Just as this started up, a jet of cold water doused Scizor, and slid off its armored skin without causing any damage whatsoever.

"All right," Ash yelled, "Strike back while its distracted!"

Sceptile stepped forward with a quick double-bladed Leaf Blade move. This simply left centimeter deep marks in the steel chest of Scizor.

Meanwhile, Murry's Pokemon was fighting May's Combusken to protect everyone. Murry was calm, even as a Peck attack sent his Machoke backward, and a Sky Uppercut propelled it several feet into the air. He simply called out, "Revenge."

The move it was most familiar with struck a sort of brain cord in it's head. The fighting type came down with an elbow, spinning in rapid succession to gain speed and finally striking Combusken in the shoulder and making it skid across the floor after a hard landing. Machoke's elbow had been glowing a bright violet color when it crashed into Combusken, and that energy soon faded away.

"Combusken!" May called out in obvious anguish. "No, stop hurting Combusken please!" Tears streamed down the length of her face, and dripped onto the wooden stage floor.

"I am...sorry young contestant," Murry said, nodding at May in an apologetic fashion. "I had to do it. Your Pokemon has turned on us all, and on top of that my Machoke-"

"I'm sorry mister, but in truth I don't care about your Machoke!" May shreiked. "Team Rocket brainwashed my Combusken and I'm gonna save it!" She began to sob harder as she neared the bird Pokemon.

"Combusken don't-" she paused as it stood, glaring menacingly at her. Its ruffled yellow feathers began to peel off of it, but it didn't seem to mind; it's main concern was the crying human in front of it.

"Oh Combusken," May choked on her words, and threw her arms around the Pokemon. "Come back to us. Can you remember me?"

"Commm-busken!" The bird yelled its name, as it's arm was interlocked underneath May. Next, it forced her back, and she twisted her body, stepping back to steady herself. Drew gasped as he saw the bird shrug her off.

"No..." May mumbled, a devastated expression on her face. She instantly bent back, as Combusken swung its arm at her to swat her away, and the Pokemon's trainer lost her balance and fell back. Drew could not stand by helplessly, and ran forward. He dove, grabbing her by the waist firmly, and pulling her away.

"Stoppp!" May complained, swiping the air with her palms. "Combusken needs me Drew! Let me go!" Tears burst from her already moist eyes, streaming relentlessly down her cheeks and dripping from her chin.

"It needs you gone," Drew corrected, handing her off to Brock, who was feeling sorry for May. Finally May stopped struggling, since Brock was older and strong enough to keep her in his arms.

"May..." he coaxed softly. "May, we'll save Combusken. We'll save all your Pokemon." Brock steadied her as she shook and cried.

Drew watched with a frown. Then he noticed Jesse was petting his Roselia, and his temper flared. "GET AWAY!" He demanded of her, walking towards Team Rocket.

"Roselia, Poisonpowder!" James cried, indicating Drew with a finger. "Get him!"

"Roselia!" Drew called out, when their eyes met. "You are my best friend, don't do it. Whatever happens, you and Flygon..." he didn't finish, just stared silently as he walked forward, sending the message the best way he knew how.

Roselia seemed to recognize him for a brief moment, but shook its head and its features became menacing once more. It gave Drew a fierce glare, waving its flowered arms. They began to glow, and streams of purple dust flew out of them and showered Drew with poison.

He choked immediately, kneeling as his breath left him. May's face showed fear. Drew slowly stood, coughing, and proceeded forward. Arcanine appeared and shielded him by allowing Drew to sit on it and bury his face in it, to stop inhaling the poison.

To defend itself, Arcanine blew away the poison with a smokescreen conjured from rising flames in its throat. This worked well, and soon Roselia ceased the attack, and Arcanine took it down with a weak ember attack. It did not want to hurt Drew's Pokemon, but had to lower its energy level so it could not harm either of them as they attempted to bring it back to the other side of the room.

Arcanine shoved Jesse, James, and Kimberley aside, and held Roselia with a paw, flinging it over in front of Drew, who hugged it happily. Jesse however, wasn't finished yet.

"Roselia return," she said, shooting a beam from Roselia's Pokeball to retrieve it. Drew stuck his hand out and the beam struck his palm painlessly. He grunted, and the Pokeball steadily began to hover over to his hand.

Jesse grabbed for it, but it was too far out of reach. "Flygon get it," she said. Drew had already taken the Pokeball and called Roselia back though. Flygon sped through the air toward Arcanine.

"Evade it with quick attack," Drew called out. He knew what his Pokemon would not be able to handle, so he could help Arcanine avoid them. Arcanine roared, sprinting back over to the stage.

Flygon soared through the space Arcanine had just been standing in, but it had dodged. Arcanine dashed away, next to May, and deposited Drew next to her.

"Why'd you do it, Kimberley?" Misty asked. "Why did you make a deal with these creeps?"

Kimberley scoffed, glaring at her. "These three proposed a deal. If I joined them in their plan, and fooled May into going out onstage to fall into that underground room, I would be rewarded handsomely by Giovanni. We all would."

"You did it for money!" May yelled at her. "You are a traitor! How could you?"

"You give all contestants a bad name," Misty chimed in in a disappointed tone. "Jesse and James never pull off any plans, everyone knows that!"

"She's right," Brock agreed. "Now you're going down with them."

Officer Jenny climbed aboard Arcanine. Her fellow cops stood beside her Pokemon.

"Hey..." Meowth groaned. "WHAT ABOUT ME-owwwth!" He was stopped during the sentence when Jesse knocked him over the head with a fist. "I'm part of Team Rocket too y'know!"

Misty raised an eyebrow at him. "ANYWAYS, I've got plans for you Kimberley." She smirked, whispering to Ash, who nodded.

"Pikachu, use-huh?" he looked down at his pocket, and yanked out his PokeNavigator. "It's a call."
    He flipped it open and listened. "Mom...uh...yeah, we did that already. Okay, Bye. What? You're-" He stopped talking when his mother hung up.

"What was it Ash?" Misty wondered.

"Oh, I told her we already saved May and Drew." He shrugged, turning back to Team Rocket. "Pikachu give them a thunder wave!"

The mouse vibrated, and its cheeks glowed. Next, yellow waves shot out and collided with Team Rocket and the stolen Pokemon. Instead of paralyzing the Pokemon, it helped them focus, and they snatched the Pokeballs from Meowth and returned them to their trainers, along with themselves. May hugged Combusken and brought out her Beautifly. Drew, at the same time, released Masqeurain.

"Now," Drew and May called out together, "Masquerain/Beautifly, GUST!"

The two Pokemon floated in a spiraling pattern close to each other, and bombarded Team Rocket(and Kimberley) with a burst of wind. Meowth hung on to the floor at first with his paws, but eventually went up into the air with the three humans. They crashed through the glass cieling, and were too high up into the sky to be heard. They yelled, "Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

This time for good, Pikachu thought with a wry smile. "Pika," it cheered, hopping into Ash's arms. They embraced each other, as everyone called back their Pokemon.

Pikachu suddenly pulled away. "What's wrong buddy?" Ash inquired curiously, following as it ran away from him. It stopped near the hatch edge, and peered inside. Ash caught up and did so too.

Tropius. What to do with Tropius?

"Darn." That was all Ash said. What else was there to say?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yay, finally! But...

ProtrainerEon said:
    Sceptile's Blade had struck solid flesh, and was jammed into Scizor's side, stuck there. Scizor felt nothing, and the cruel look it was giving Sceptile changed to plain rage, as it tore Sceptile's Blade from it's ribs forcefully.

This threw the obedient Pokemon off balance. It was knocked senseless as a powerful slash attack caught it in the stomach, leaving a wide rip in the skin.

A tad bit...graphic for a Shipping Fanfic, isn't it...?

And...

ProtrainerEon said:
    "Roselia return," she said, shooting a beam from Roselia's Pokeball to retrieve it. Drew stuck his hand out and the beam struck his palm painlessly. He grunted, and the Pokeball steadily began to hover over to his hand.

...All I can say is...how interesting to see that Drew is related to Yoda.........

But I really like it. I just hope that we don't have to wait as long for the next chapter...

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Ichapokemr said:
    Yay, finally! But...

A tad bit...graphic for a Shipping Fanfic, isn't it...?

Heh, graphic eh? If that's graphic, wait until I begin a dark fic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Um...how about not, heh.

...And you couldn't post the next chapter?? WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Shuufan234

Beginning coordinator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    this is great fiction. i know that Drew's love for roselia was deep like his love for May, but wow.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Thanks, and I figured I should make Drew useful. Heh, he was just standing around doing nada. I hope you'll stick around until I end this fic.

Aug 13, 2006: I was writing but my computer randomly restarted and wiped it all out. It'll be a while before the next chapter, sorry.

Last edited:

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Chapter 9 - Back in Business! The Contest must go on!

Hey all readers! I am SO SORRY! I'm back but updates may not come so regularly anymore.

(Yes, I know you're about to skim this and read the chapter, be my guest!)

First of all, I've been on. I have been desperately trying to access this page, and finally the Pokecommunity stopped acting strange and let me in. Well here I am, and enjoy the next part!

It had been at least two hours since Tropius was discovered, helped out of the dusty room, and placed safely onstage using Hank's Gardevoir's Psychic. Feeling vulnerable without its trainer, the Pokemon did what was asked of it. The group of trainers, cops, and others followed the traitor's Pokemon backstage and to a large room.

"This is the place Tropius?" Drew asked, petting the Pokemon. It may have recently been an enemy, but now it was nothing more than a child without supervision that could be forced to do anyone's bidding.

It nodded several times. Max smiled, and looked up at Ash questioningly. "You wanna do the honors?"

Ash raised his hands nervously, grinning. "No, no...you do it Max."

"C'mon Ash, the three of you-" he pointed to Ash, Misty, and lastly Brock, "beat Kimberley and brought Team Rocket to justice. One of you should open the door."

Ash eyed the silver knob for a few seconds, then turned to Misty. He clasped a hand over her wrist and pulled her in front of him.

"I think Misty should open it," he protested, nudging her forward encouragingly. She shook her head though. She backed away from the door, pushing Brock toward it.

"You do it. After all, we are rescuing girls," she said smoothly. Brock's jaw dropped. It was working.

Misty snickered to herself as Brock stepped forward. Then he stopped. "Wait..." he glared at her, a sudden realization visible in his eyes. "I see what's happening here!" The bribe didn't work anymore. "You open it."

"WILL SOMEONE JUST OPEN THE STUPID DOOR?" Harpee Lilith screamed, stomping her foot. "We've got a contest to continue, you know."

Everybody's faces dropped at the sudden outburst. Max nodded, and quickly pushed open the door. The lavender walls and desks piled with papers were ignored. Ash and his friends filed in quietly first, followed by Roselia, Drew, Combusken, and May. Next everyone else tripped over each other as they crammed into the room. The group spread out once they were inside, and gazed happily at what was in front of them.

Drew was the first to speak. "Let's do it May," he urged her. She smiled, joining him as he stepped toward the two women who were strapped to the wall five feet above the floor.

"Combusken use scratch," May ordered as she readjusted her bandana. "Now!"

"Roselia, cut!" Drew announced.

Both Pokemon obeyed, moving toward the tied up judges. Combusken's clawed gleamed in the light as it carefully shredded the bindings on Nurse Joy. Just beside it, Roselia was using its thorns to penetrate the thick rope that tied Lanette up. Soon both ladies were freed and safe.

"Are you okay?" Brock asked them, concerned. Both women nodded, frowning at him as he drooled.

"I guess I can um-join my fellow judges now," Nurse Joy said hurriedly, tip-toeing away. Lannete followed, her green skirt flowing as she evaded Brock. She had on a green blouse as well, and a white ribbon to match the small areas of white on her skirt, in her hair.

Nurse Joy wore the same old outfit. A Nurse outfit. Her pink hair, however, was held up in intricate stylish patterns around her head.

"Let's go guys," Max said. "We need to find out what to do with Tropius."

And with that, everybody left the backstage area, to continue on with their lives. They would have to hand Tropius over to the cops so that when they found Kimberley they could reunite the two (While they cuffed her), and pick up where they left off with the contest.

It had been two hours since all this, and the judges decided to postpone the contest. Everybody was a bit tired, and had no zeal for competition at the moment.

Now everybody (Ash and co., Drew, Fernando, and Mellisa) was in a hotel, resting in the lobby. They were chatting happily about their victory, and their Pokemon were all talking as well.

The only ones away from the group were Misty and May. Misty pulled May into a corner, where nobody could hear them.

"So...ehehe, what did you want?" May asked, nervous. "Why'd you ask me to come over here?"

Misty shrugged, leaning back on the wall and folding her arms. May was still puzzled, so she pushed her.

"Uh, Misty?"

"...All right. May, what's the deal with you two?"

"Huh?"

"What happened between you and Drew?"

May tensed up. "Wh-what do you mean?" She twirled a finger in her hair, sweat dripping down the back of her head.

"Don't act like you don't know," Misty teased. She gave May a superior grin before adding, "tell me. All of it."

"All of what?" She was getting nervous.

"Sometimes, girls just know." Misty chuckled.

"Good!" May perked up. "Which means there's nothing to tell. It was fun talking to you Misty so I'll just be going now!" May turned and strode off in the other direction.

"HOLD it."

May froze. She cracked a smile as she slowly turned to face the Gym Leader. "Y-yes?"

"You're gonna say it. Tell me everything that went on (or rather went down) down there."

May caved. She had to give in now because it was too obvious. She sank to her knees beside Misty, and slowly retold her steamy encounter with the oh so good-looking Drew Simmons. (WHAT? I like the name. *gunned down*)

Over at the registration desk, everybody was reserving spots to have rooms ready for them. Fernando was speaking.

"What do you mean no free soap? That's just cheap! Tacky, tacky, tack-" Mellisa backhanded him, and he made room for Ash.

"Okay now," Ash said calmly. He stepped forward to talk to the man behind the desk. The man had on a red tie and gave Ash a smug look. Ash kept his cool.

"I'd like a-"

"He'll take one bed for two. Balcony!" Brock interrupted. Ash was appalled.

The man was typing away already. He may have been cocky, but he was a good listener.

Ash was already on his friend's case. "Brock!" he exclaimed. Brock patted him on the shoulder, leaning in to whisper.

"Trust me, you need it." Brock grinned and stepped back.

Everybody was gone (of course May and Misty were chatting it up), so Drew took a chance. "Could you give me a room beside that lovely girl?" he asked cautiously, indicating May secretly. The man turned to look, and nodded.

"Lovebirds, eh?" the man asked, elbowing Drew. "Go for it pal."

"Thanks," Drew whispered with a grin, and walked smoothly across the room to the elevator. Tommorow, the contest would start up again, so he wanted to visit the pool and cool off before the sunlight was all gone. First though, he figured he would head upstairs and check out the view from the rooftop. He needed some alone time.

-End-

Chapter 10: Forbidden Love - Temptation (also, "Trainer Moments, Night on the Balcony!"

"Nice, isn't it?" Drew inquired, staring at his Roselia resting on his arm.

It nodded, watching the buildings below. Suddenly Drew moved, stirring it from its peace and quiet.

"Time to head for the big blue," Drew announced, turning and moving down the staircase to the elevator. May was there, and they saw each other. For a moment there was love in their eyes, then the two resumed their activities. May and Combusken were heading to the desk to get the list of rooms from the man Drew talked to earlier.

"Big blue?" May asked, confused.

"Hey May," Drew said flatly. Then he changed his tone, not meaning to sound so uninterested in her. Boy, was he interested.

"What did you mean?" She pressed, wanting to know. He nodded.

"Oh, right! I'm off to the pool." Drew was nervous now. It was too hard to hide his feelings, so he rushed into the elevator.

Ash and everybody else (except Drew obviously) met May down in the lobby, and quickly found their rooms. Fernando ran out for soap, grumbling all the while, and um...well, who cares?

Drew felt stupid since he didn't know what his room number was, so he asked the man behind the desk. He went up to his room, dropped his belongings on the bed, grabbed his swim trunks, locked the door and left. Soon he was at the edge of the pool, fully changed into his swimmers' clothing, and was about to cannonball into the watery depths for a refreshing swim.

"Drew," called a voice. It was soft, unmistakable.

He whipped around, shocked and embarrassed. "May?"

"Hey Drew...can I join you?"

"Sure," Drew said.

May suddenly gasped.

"What?" Drew asked. Then his cheeks turned red as he looked down. His swim trunks had fallen. His body was totally exposed. Good thing he was facing away from May! He quickly covered himself up again. "Sorry," he apologized, and felt like avoiding the subject so...

He hopped over the rim, and splashed into the pool. May yelped as a small wave of water doused her. She was in her swim attire too, but it still didn't feel too good.

May went over and sat in one of the chairs nearby, still paralyzed from what she'd seen. She decided not to think about it, and watched happily from a distance as her crush swam around expertly.

"You aren't coming?" Drew called to her. She shook her head.

"No Drew, I'm fine here," she said, walking over to the pool and soaking her feet only. Drew gasped.

"Oh come on May! You don't want to come in? The water's great!"

"People always say that."

"I'm not people." She knew what he meant by that. He had a pretty good point.

"Listen, I don't do water, okay?"

"Nonsense May!" Drew floated over to her. His pride had resurfaced since the swim trunks incident. "Get in!" He yanked her down, and just like that, she was wet.

"Aaahhh!" May shouted, as she plummeted down. Then she was underwater. She pumped her legs, and came up. At least her head did. She was trying to breathe, and Drew's hand quickly pulled her up. She was now clinging to him.

"That wasn't c-c-cool!" she shouted. "I could've drowned."

"No way! I saved you didn't I?"

May stayed silent.

"So come on then. Swim!"

"Teach me." She clung tighter to him. Her lungs were expanding rapidly. What if he bumped his head and dropped her? What if she sank, and she couldn't swim well?

All her worries vanished as he led her out into the middle of the pool. He took her fears and locked them away. He was the one for her.

"Be calm. Lean forward, and kick out."

May yelled in fright when he let her go, and did one thing in response: kicked out. She propelled herself forward as a reflex, like she saw him doing while she sat just a while ago. She closed her eyes, waiting for water to fill her head. Nose, eyes, mouth, and ears. Nothing. She opened her eyes again and swirled around, still kicking.

"WHOO!" Drew shouted happily. "Go May!"

May looked over at him. He was twenty yards away.

"You did it!"

May smiled. She had done it, she realized. May had no clue where this came from, but a burst of joy shot through her that made her dive deep. And she held it. Stayed underwater for a solid ten seconds and surfaced in front of Drew, who pulled her close.

"Good," he whispered. "You did good."

Without even meaning to, May spun around. Right there in the pool, they kissed. Long and gently. They broke away, turned around, and yelped.

Brock was standing at the edge of the pool, looking right at them.

(I'm so evil! Hahaha!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    What!?? You couldn't get to Ash & Misty?? CURSE YOU!!!!!

...I can't wait for THAT one...lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back