• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Lt. Surge the American

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Kantou is a place in Japan, just as it is in the Pokemon world.

Most people in the games with yellow hair are Americans. When you fight them they have English names like Johnny and Mike. They play a guitar and usually have electric Pokemon. At least in DP. I think they are from America. One of them speaks English when you talk to him (in Tobari City).

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, in the japanese version they say Lt. Surge was the Lightning American soldier and had his electric pokemon on his side in war. ;]

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    arcainine

It also says in arcanine's pokedex info that arcainine is thought as a legend in china... so china and america exist......

lol.. wonder if it says that in the chinese version....

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well now that it is Unanimously been said that Lt. Surge is American. Does anyone feel weird that knowing in the world of Pokemon there is America? Something about that just ruins the fantasy of Pokemon

I recall an episode in the anime where a certain magician wanted to perform in Las Vegas ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's not strange. In the Pokémon world, the regions are all just replacing parts of our world, and those regions grew Pokemon. Or just that only them got Pokémon put into them. So it isn't weird. I hope.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    Pokemon references particular places and events a lot, actually:

New:
    Lt. Surge the American

Lt. Surge the American

Lt. Surge the American

For those who don't know, Ayers Rock is in Austraila.

Old:
    Lt. Surge the American

Lt. Surge the American

Lt. Surge the American

Lt. Surge the American

Last edited:
    Back