• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucas Tonaki's Pokemon Adventures~

大輔

Adventurer
Years
  • LET ME EXPLAIN~
    Ok, so I have a Pokemon RP forum and I decided to do a comic about the only successful character of the Unova region, Lucas Tonaki! He was one of my first members so I decided to make a comic about his adventure. In fact, he's the only successful champion so far. I hope you enjoy it! I'll add more pages every now and again. It probably doesn't make much sense now, but you can at least understand what's going on since we're all pokemon fans here! Thanks and enjoy~

LUCAS TONAKI'S ADVENTURES GOOOO!!

Spoiler:

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Ahhh! Why did you use "le" this isn't a meme, overall though the comic is pretty good albeit having questionable motives in some parts, great job looking forward to the next one!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I like it. I'm thinking of doing the same thing based on Pokemon Y shortly (sans trainers, cuz well... why? If anything, it'll be like the Pokemon 4Komas I collect and love so much), and believe it or not I want it to look something like this. Or at least that is to say, I don't want to spend a lot of time over detailing it because I've got far too many other things to do, iRL and online.

I usually try to help others out when I'm here, but I'm actually gonna turn the tables around for this one. I tend to be meticulous, so I'm wondering, how long did this take you and what's your approach to drawing a comic this way? Or why did you choose to draw it this way? Do you do loose construction first or just go straight ahead? Is it all loose and gesture based, or do you plan ahead of time?

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I like it. I'm thinking of doing the same thing based on Pokemon Y shortly (sans trainers, cuz well... why? If anything, it'll be like the Pokemon 4Komas I collect and love so much), and believe it or not I want it to look something like this. Or at least that is to say, I don't want to spend a lot of time over detailing it because I've got far too many other things to do, iRL and online.

I usually try to help others out when I'm here, but I'm actually gonna turn the tables around for this one. I tend to be meticulous, so I'm wondering, how long did this take you and what's your approach to drawing a comic this way? Or why did you choose to draw it this way? Do you do loose construction first or just go straight ahead? Is it all loose and gesture based, or do you plan ahead of time?

Well, I kind of already know the entire story so I can easily base each page on what's going to happen mentally. Just go with the flow, relax, and have fun!! If you're not having fun while doing it, it won't show in your work. Just have a happy medium between the story and art. And don't be afraid to laugh a little bit while doing it. It's your thing so ( this will sound cheesy ) if there's a smile on your face, you're doing something right. If not, then what's missing? Just be confident and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

For these few pages it took me around 2 days to complete them. ( finals are near so I am focusing on those at the moment ) So yeah, I use tegaki ( sorry mods, but I have to link to explain~ ) to draw the comics. If you want to use it, you'll have to get used to the website since you can draw on only ONE layer ( ugh ikr? ). The reason why I chose to draw this way was to make it simple and a bit more on the humorous side. It's a very basic, easy, friendly process and it will still be effective to where the readers will keep reading because of the silliness of it rather than the skill itself. But like I said, for this style I just think of what the page will look like and go go go!! I already know the overall story so I can draw the pages without thinking about them too much. Of course, it has to sort of flow, but I'm not trying to be a master artist during the process~

Back