• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lugia vs ho oh (who would win this is a vote kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • You could make movesets on both so that one or the other could win. If you give Ho-Oh reliable recovery in Roost and give it Toxic to wear down Lugia lacking Rest, yeah Ho-oh is going to win. If you go the other way around, Lugia will win. There are so many different scenarios that guessing qould be kind of pointless.

If you're going by the standard competitive movesets, Lugia is going to win. Even if Sacred Fire burns it, Lugia can recover off damage easily with Roost and throw up Reflect. Lugia doesn't even need to attack Ho-oh to stall it out with Pressure. Lugia also commonly carries Toxic which will just decimate Ho-oh. In a 1 on 1 battle where both movesets are good and the players are good, Lugia will win.

Ho-oh absolutely crushes it when it comes to cool points imo but for some reason everybody always disagrees lol

EDIT: You know there's no guarantee that Sacred Fire burns. Yeah it will probably happen but it might not right away and thinking it will is a bit silly imo

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    You could make movesets on both so that one or the other could win. If you give Ho-Oh reliable recovery in Roost and give it Toxic to wear down Lugia lacking Rest, yeah Ho-oh is going to win. If you go the other way around, Lugia will win. There are so many different scenarios that guessing qould be kind of pointless.

If you're going by the standard competitive movesets, Lugia is going to win. Even if Sacred Fire burns it, Lugia can recover off damage easily with Roost and throw up Reflect. Lugia doesn't even need to attack Ho-oh to stall it out with Pressure. Lugia also commonly carries Toxic which will just decimate Ho-oh. In a 1 on 1 battle where both movesets are good and the players are good, Lugia will win.

Ho-oh absolutely crushes it when it comes to cool points imo but for some reason everybody always disagrees lol

EDIT: You know there's no guarantee that Sacred Fire burns. Yeah it will probably happen but it might not right away and thinking it will is a bit silly imo

How many times has Ice Fang frozen you? Take that and multiply it by 5. Give ABYAY control of Ho-Oh and you have an automatic burn.

Amplified Ampharos

Christmas Plant
    Years
  • Hands Down the best the strongest the coolest the awsomest lol the pwner the powerhouse and lastly the my favorite....................... drumroll plz

Ho Oh
    (NOT NOT NOT)

Lugia
    DingDIngDIng we have a winner Lugia
    Ho oh is too ugly squak

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • How many times has Ice Fang frozen you? Take that and multiply it by 5. Give ABYAY control of Ho-Oh and you have an automatic burn.

Actually I've never been frozen by Ice Fang that I can remember 0_o

It doesn't even matter since Lugia doesn't care anyways. Again, 50% is not a guarantee. Even if it was I wouldn't be placing any bets on Ho-oh to beat Lugia.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • It could go either way. However in my opinion it's Lugia.

Lugia uses Ancient Power
    Ho-oh loses a lot of HP
    Ho-Oh uses Sacred Fire
    Lugia loses some HP, and is burned.
    Lugia takes about 10 damage due to burn (Note at this point they are both around Half HP. However Lugia can pull another AP, because he is faster.)
    Lugia uses Ancient Power
    Ho-oh faints
    So Vance (Yes this was aimed at you) I think your focusing too much on Sacred fire burning Lugia, even though burn damage is consistently low.
    Look Vance, if you want to keep up this argument, be nice and don't insult people's tactical skills, especially when your own need a heck of a lot of work. (I'm being 100% honest here.)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lugia can both Ancient powe and Hydro pump but just because I like Ho oh better thats my vote! *.^

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Are people blind?
    It says who would win this match-up, the movesets which you have to decide from are given. Anti's right, they are both perfectly capable of destroying each other with dedicated movesets, so that's an unsolvable arguament.

People need to pay more attention and stay on-topic :|

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
  • WITH THOSE MOVESETS, NEITHER WOULD WIN!! Ho-Oh would pwn Lugia with my moveset easily. Here's a pretty good battle example that my friend and I are using Wi-Fi to play out right now just for this. It's a level one hundred battle, so it's equal. Let's see. Ho-Oh is mine.

Ho-Oh attacks first with Thunder. Damage: 1/4 HP loss to Lugia. Effects: Paralyzes (yes!)

Lugia lets loose a Blizzard. It misses. Damage: None. Effects: None

Ho-Oh flies high into the air. Damage: None Effects: Opponents attack will miss unless it's Thunder or Thunder Bolt

Lugia uses Hydro Pump. It misses. Damage: None Effects: None

Ho-Oh uses Fly! Damge: Somewhat good Effects: None

***​

Battle Status
    Lugia is parlyzed and has near only half HP left. Ho-Oh is in perfect health and is exerting it's Pressure! NOTE: I know these stats because my friend is telling me.​

Lugia's moves:
    Hydro Pump (3/5 PP)
    Blizzard (3/5 PP)
    Areoblast (5/5 PP)
    Ancient Power (15/15 PP)​

Ho-Oh's moves:
    Thunder (5/5 PP)
    Fly (15/15 PP)
    Sacred Fire (5/5 PP)
    Fire Blast (5/5 PP)​

Now back to the battle!​

***​

Lugia uses Hydro Pump! Damage: Ho-Oh now only has half HP left Effects: None

Ho-Oh uses Thunder! Damage: Lugia only has 1/4 of HP left!! Effects: None

Lugia uses Hydro Pump! But Lugia is fully paralyzed. No effects or damage

Ho-Oh uses Thunder! The attack misses! No damage or effects

Lugia uses Blizzard! But it misses... No damage or effects

Ho-Oh uses Thunder! Damage: Lugia faints!

END OF BATTLE! Ho-Oh is the winner!!!

And there you have it! Ho-Oh pwns!

Last edited:

ShadowVortex

SilverSapphire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2017
    I say Lugia would win. With a nice hydro pump, an ancient power, and maybe an aeroblast or two, Lucia would reck ho-oh. Also, you're forgetting about lugia's high sp. def. say goodbye to sacred fire, ho-oh!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back