• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lulwhut.

Gunn

horror resident
Years
  • The original concept sketch was done my my friend, but i liked it and finished it off:
    Spoiler:

I love what you've posted, but I'm going ahead claiming this one as my favorite so far. :D You have a thing for detail and I think this piece delivered it all, I can even see a person walking in the background. What I really like is how I'm getting this sort of imagery. It's appears to be night, the girl is sleeping, and the boy is watching her with a look of relief. Maybe they had a long day and they finally made it their destination? o: Oh, and your choice of colors is nice too. Everything is easy on the eyes but still is able to hold a focal point. This piece is just perfect. c:

Now, I have a question! I'm curious about what medias you use for your traditional art. To me, it looks you're using copic markers. Is that what you have been using so far? :D you're really good with them.

So yeah, I'm going to keep an eye on your thread. I'm a fan. :P

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • I love what you've posted, but I'm going ahead claiming this one as my favorite so far. :D You have a thing for detail and I think this piece delivered it all, I can even see a person walking in the background. What I really like is how I'm getting this sort of imagery. It's appears to be night, the girl is sleeping, and the boy is watching her with a look of relief. Maybe they had a long day and they finally made it their destination? o: Oh, and your choice of colors is nice too. Everything is easy on the eyes but still is able to hold a focal point. This piece is just perfect. c:

Now, I have a question! I'm curious about what medias you use for your traditional art. To me, it looks you're using copic markers. Is that what you have been using so far? :D you're really good with them.

So yeah, I'm going to keep an eye on your thread. I'm a fan. :P
    :'DDD omg thankyou... <3 i'm glad you think so much of it ... ;w; <3
    So nice to have an analyical comment too! *highfive!*

and yessss, i use markers, but not copics, i use the letraset equivalent. they're pretty much the same, from what i can gather, though.

;'D anyway, i come with a new thingy thing with ink and things:
    Spoiler:

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • hey guys, thanks! all your words mean alot to me, so yes, thankyou very much for taking the time to comment :'>
    Taking a short break from all the drawing. since i drew pretty much non-stop during January, i need it. @A@.....
    so yeah, no art-tastic addition to this post, i hope you can forgive me for that....
    OTL

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
    Years
  • Owsh, i love your drawing style. Is so colorful and... Aww xD 1ST! is the best! xD
    Mostly i like the Tyranitar signature, and pose of this guy.

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • :'D thanks Kamushi~

Sorry guys. still haven't drawn anything worth posting... OTL hope you can forgive this down-time...
    <3 your support is helping though ^^

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Amazing marker work, among the best I've seen. Your anatomy looks like it might need some practice though. Always remember that the moment you're content with your work is the moment you stop improving.

All that aside, do you mind if I ask what brand of marker you use? I only have experience with Prismacolors and Copics (probably the two most popular) and I'm looking to buy a set. I've ruled Prismacolors out but I was just wondering if there was a cheaper, equally effective alternative to Copics.

And if I'm mistaken and you don't use markers at all, don't mind me, I just pretend to know what I'm talking about. xD

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • Thanks ink, but,
    I get pretty frustrated with comments like 'your anatomy needs some practice' I'm aware it does and such and i hear it alot, but nobody actually points out where it is I'm going wrong and how i can start improving, anatomy encompasses a lot and I am sure there are places that need more work than others, if you would be so kind as to elaborate... otherwise its EXTREMELY frustrating, I'm sure you can understand.
    Yes, it is markers. I can't really speak for any other brands since i haven't tried them, but the ones i use are called letraset promarkers (also i use correction fluid to get the opaque white) and i haven't ever had the want or need to try another brand, since i got them they've done what i wanted and needed them to. Again, i dunno about them being cheaper, i don't think they are readily available outside of the UK; so i don't know how much postage and packaging would be for wherever you are. Besides that, like i said i never tried any other brands so i don't know what the actual prices of the pens are like.

whew. i said too much @_@;
    New stuff, it's naff, just playing about with Sai for the first time: (edited to a new file with some colour balance problems fixed)
    lulwhut.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2010
    You're pushing it alot more then I am. That is, where you can go with your artwork. The inking of the Tyranitar especially, I haven't done inking like that in years, (cos I'm a chicken.)

That grass dragon is wicked awesome.

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • ^///w///^
    Thanks kid~
    New stuff (for the same contest the app. and the trophy were for):
    Spoiler:

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • Keeping the thread alive at least a bit.
    Been too busy. not cool. This was something done for school. the thing is A3 irl but this was taken with a shoddy camera:
    lulwhut.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • 0.o
    These are good stuff.... REAL GOOD STUFF.... AND I MEAN IT!
    But I can do better! (runs 5000 miles away from here) (joke) :D

There's hardly any errors....
    I'll keep an eye on this! ;)

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • uh... okay? thanks?
    anyway yeah did more stuff based on stuff i saw at the saatchi:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

RAGECANDYBAR

+20 HP
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    oh man people need to comment here more.
    Your art is great.
    ...And, unrelated, but Gurren Lagann is also great.

A lot of your drawings seem to have this mystical/otherworldly/adventurous quality to them, and I like how you take chances with making things look dynamic
    Also, backgrounds. I hardly ever see anyone draw backgrounds (myself included pfff) but you pull them off pretty well.

Your colour choice is unique as well, and I think your latest piece is my favourite as far as that goes.
    Taking everything into consideration, I really like the one with the person in the mask. The colours are bold and the composition draws your eyes towards the center of the piece.

Also, looking at the latest piece again, I noticed that both of its back feet are visible, which kind of gives it this... twisted look. Like it had to break its spine to get into that pose ahaha-er sorry
    I'd like to help more with that but I have no idea what your original sketch looked like so I might just be pointing out something that you already thought about.
    I mean basically, only one of its legs should be visible from this perspective, you know?

Trent_Jayir

Years
  • TTGL<3
    Thanks Rage, coming from someone who is great at art too it means alot.
    *bad at this whole 'talking thing', so i hope that makes sense/doesn't sound cheesy*
    o3o thanks for pointing out that thing about toothlesses legs; i hadn't even noticed xD;;;

Spoiler:

Back