• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lv. 50 Collo. Team

Chanuel

the Pokeaddict
    Years
    Hey everyone, first (and big) post

This team doesnt follow any movesets because I dont have much experience with and dont understand them any much. I've been brainstorming this for awhile, and welcome any feedback. The held items are just thrown out there.

Lightning the Zapdos {whatever}[Pressure]
    @Bright Powder
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Drill Peck
    Reflect
    Thunderbolt

HP Grass would be ideal, but is it even possible to get a certain HP with Zapdos? (w/out gameshark btw) Though I guess I could do w/out a grass move, it would be nice to knock out that annoying whiscash once in a while. If not, Ill teach it to Swampert. It seems cheap to
    use a legendary, but I love the fact that a electric pokemon can't be hit by the all-too-common earthquake.

Inferno the Arcanine {Rash} [Flash Fire]
    @Focus Band
    Extremespeed
    Crunch
    Safeguard
    Flamethrower

A Ghost-dealer, safeguard is good agaisnt that darn confuse ray. For balance reasons, it would be weird (to me) to have two Intimidates.

Tsunami the Swampert {Quiet, but if HP Grass, whatever comes}[Torrent]
    @Lum Berry
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Light Screen
    Ice Beam

Though it doesnt have any speciality (stat-wise), having one weakness should keep Swampert out there for some time in most battles. I have once thought of mirror coat, but i dont think one can do much against a giga drain. A great companion to Zapdos, and the designated dragon-dealer.

Murdermind the Metagross {whatever} [Clear Body]
    @Quick Claw
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake / Rock Slide
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic

Good defenses with only fire and ground as weaknesses. Good for dealing with other psychics, especially with the nice attack base stat. Meteor Mash is just cool.

Doomdragon the Salamence {Mild}(Shell Bell, maybe?) [Intimidate]

Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Fly
    Earthquake

Just wish that dragon claw did more than 80 damage. Crunch, for the ghostly and psychicly. Fly, for the fighters, though would Aerial Ace be better? With Intimidate, Ice is the only main weakness. Can it learn sky attack?

Gargantuan the Snorlax {Adamant}(Leftovers) [Thick Fat]

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Brick Break

With the blubber, hes a good ice breaker (sry that was bad). A little story: I originally wanted the Snorlax to use a belly drum, then rest, snore while sleeping, and bravissimo with a body slam. But then i realize that the moveset would be tough against ghost-types. I have
    thought of giving him solarbeam (the only grass move my team can learn), but its not a great move. Brick Break is also for that occasional dark type. Aerodactyl is gonna be a pain in the ars if they go one on one.

K, that was my intro. My supporting paragraphs are in the next posts...Come on, do you actually believe that I would put you through that torture?

Have a good one,

Chanuel

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    Let me take a look. Changes/Suggestions in BOLD!! ^_^

Chanuel said:

This team doesnt follow any movesets because I dont have much experience with and dont understand them any much. I've been brainstorming this for awhile, and welcome any feedback. The held items are just thrown out there.

Lightning the Zapdos {Modest Nature +Sp.Attack, -Attack}[Pressure]
    @Bright Powder
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Thunder Wave
    Light Screen
    Thunderbolt

HP Grass would be ideal, but is it even possible to get a certain HP with Zapdos? (w/out gameshark btw) Though I guess I could do w/out a grass move, it would be nice to knock out that annoying whiscash once in a while. If not, Ill teach it to Swampert. It seems cheap to
    use a legendary, but I love the fact that a electric pokemon can't be hit by the all-too-common earthquake. Zapdos isn't an uber, so you don't have to feel bad about using it. Heck, if you LIKE it, use it. HP Grass is part of this standard MS. I'm not sure how to get a specific type though...

Inferno the Arcanine {Lonely Nature? +Attack, -Defense} [Flash Fire]
    @Focus Band
    Extremespeed
    Howl
    HP Fighting/Aerial Ace/Iron Tail
    Flamethrower or Overheat/Fire Blast/Heat Wave

A Ghost-dealer, safeguard is good agaisnt that darn confuse ray. For balance reasons, it would be weird (to me) to have two Intimidates.
    Could work I guess. I'm more of the Phys.Sweepish Canine. It's Attack is higher than its Sp.Attack

Tsunami the Swampert {Sassy Nature +Sp.Defense, -Speed}[Torrent]
    @Lum Berry
    Surf OR Ice Beam here
    Earthquake
    Curse
    Mirror Coat/Rock Slide/Sub

Though it doesnt have any speciality (stat-wise), having one weakness should keep Swampert out there for some time in most battles. I have once thought of mirror coat, but i dont think one can do much against a giga drain. A great companion to Zapdos, and the designated dragon-dealer.
    I think the biggest problem here is that Swampert can't learn Light Screen. I like the Sassy Nature thank you.

Murdermind the Metagross {Adamant Nature +Attack, -Sp.Attack} [Clear Body]
    @Quick Claw
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Shadow Ball or Agility
    Explosion

Good defenses with only fire and ground as weaknesses. Good for dealing with other psychics, especially with the nice attack base stat. Meteor Mash is just cool. Go Physical with this Poke. Agility can really help. Explode if you're in a pinch.

Doomdragon the Salamence {Jolly/Adamant}(Shell Bell, maybe?) [Intimidate]

Aerial Ace
    Dragon Dance/Fire Blast
    Brick Break/Rock Slide
    Earthquake

Just wish that dragon claw did more than 80 damage. Crunch, for the ghostly and psychicly. Fly, for the fighters, though would Aerial Ace be better? With Intimidate, Ice is the only main weakness. Can it learn sky attack? This guy is also more of a Phys.Sweeper.

Gargantuan the Snorlax {Sassy? Something -Sp.Attack and adds to the Defenses}(Leftovers) [Thick Fat]

Return
    Earthquake
    Sub
    Focus Punch

With the blubber, hes a good ice breaker (sry that was bad). A little story: I originally wanted the Snorlax to use a belly drum, then rest, snore while sleeping, and bravissimo with a body slam. But then i realize that the moveset would be tough against ghost-types. I have
    thought of giving him solarbeam (the only grass move my team can learn), but its not a great move. Brick Break is also for that occasional dark type. Aerodactyl is gonna be a pain in the ars if they go one on one.

K, that was my intro. My supporting paragraphs are in the next posts...Come on, do you actually believe that I would put you through that torture?

Have a good one,

Chanuel
    Wow. This is a good start that's for sure. Consider a Pokemon's base stats when making their MS. I'm not too good with items. Sorry. -_-

I hope this helps!!

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    Chanuel said:

@Bright Powder
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Drill Peck
    Reflect
    Thunderbolt

use a legendary, but I love the fact that a electric pokemon can't be hit by the all-too-common earthquake. Zapdos- Not uber, no where close. In the end, dont feel bad about it. Nice set.

@Focus Band
    Extremespeed
    Crunch
    Safeguard -or hiddenpower fighting
    Flamethrower

A Ghost-dealer, safeguard is good agaisnt that darn confuse ray. For balance reasons, it would be weird (to me) to have two Intimidates. Flash Fire would've caught me offgaurd cus its on arcanine, nice.

@Lum Berry
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Light Screen
    Ice Beam

Though it doesnt have any speciality (stat-wise), having one weakness should keep Swampert out there for some time in most battles. I have once thought of mirror coat, but i dont think one can do much against a giga drain. A great companion to Zapdos, and the designated dragon-dealer. Nice.

@Quick Claw
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake / Rock Slide
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic

Good defenses with only fire and ground as weaknesses. Good for dealing with other psychics, especially with the nice attack base stat. Meteor Mash is just cool. Meter Mash... HP steel maybe? Meteor Mash just doesn't have the accuracy... if you can't get hp steel, then just stick with that

Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Fly
    Earthquake

Just wish that dragon claw did more than 80 damage. Crunch, for the ghostly and psychicly. Fly, for the fighters, though would Aerial Ace be better? With Intimidate, Ice is the only main weakness. Can it learn sky attack?- No it can't, and- try for a physical salamence, its stats suit that much better although its special attack stat isn't too bad... But its physical attack is much better... may want Dragon Dance, Earthquake, AerialAce/HP Flying/Fly

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Brick Break

thought of giving him solarbeam (the only grass move my team can learn), but its not a great move. Brick Break is also for that occasional dark type. Aerodactyl is gonna be a pain in the ars if they go one on one. The only time you will need brick break... is if you come across something that has a 4x weakness to fighting. Return actually does more with STAB than brick break does with a 2x hit... So you could replace brick break with curse or bellydrumm... Return- Power= 102(1.5)= 153, Brick Break- 75(2)= 150.

Have a good one,

Chanuel

8/10- Nice, you overlooked a few things... But you should beat the colosseum easily.

Kijin

The Devil You Know.
    Years
    Chanuel said:
    @Bright Powder
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Drill Peck
    Reflect
    Thunderbolt
    This is how you determine your HP value: https://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml
    It is possible to have HP Grass on Zapdos w/o GS, you just need to be patient and have a calculator ready (or be like me and calculate stuff before you catch Zapdos so you know what to look for in stats before hand). I like your Zapdos quite a bit. Drill Peck isn't fantastic because of the whole "He has a high special attack" deal, but I'm really tired right now and can only think of Thunder Wave as a replacement move.

Chanuel said:
    @Focus Band
    Extremespeed
    Crunch
    Safeguard
    Flamethrower
    Muh... RK9 is more of a Physical sweeper due to his stats. I can't for the life of me remember his movepool offhand, but go w/ that. FT is fine and multiple Intimidates is never a bad thing.

Chanuel said:
    @Lum Berry
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Light Screen
    Ice Beam
    Sure chief, let's talk why not?

Chanuel said:
    @Quick Claw
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake / Rock Slide
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Needs more Leftovers. I would, personally, go all physical moves (EG: Slude Bomb, MM, EQ, RS w/ Shadow Ball and Brick Break filling in for whatever you don't like) or go Agility/Explode.

Chanuel said:

Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Fly
    Earthquake
    Right now, in BF, I'm using Fly since you only get the 1 AA/game. AA is the better move, however. I would make Salamance a physical sweeper only... You need Dragon Dance and Brick Break/Rock Slide to cover up your specials. IMO, anyway.

Chanuel said:

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Brick Break
    It's funny that you mention Ghosts w/ Snorlax because you can't touch a Gengar w/ that moveset. I, personally, use Return, Rest, Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball. You can also go the CurseLax route and slap curse on him and do crazy things.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Zapdos: Very good. Exactly like the one I have on Red that kicks butt. Except I have Hyper Beam instead of HP.

Arcanine: I prefer Blaziken, but still good.

Swampert: Light Screen sucks. Period. Use a move like Hyper Beam for a mixed sweeper with optimum damage. Otherwise very good.

Metagross: Excellent. No improvements needed. Go with EQ over Rock Slide.

Salamence: Aerial Ace is better than Fly. Also needs flamethrower over EQ.

Snorlax: I give it a 5 of 10. Try this: Snore, EQ, Rest, Hyper Beam.

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    DO NOT use Hyper Beam. You'll waste your turn recharging and that could turn the battle round for the worst.

Back