• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lysandre... [SPOILERS]

Years
  • What was your reaction on the first ever confirmed death in the pokemon franchise, where lysandre killed himself as well as all of team flare? mine was horrified by how dark it was compared to the other evil organizations ways of splitting up. this is besides the fact that his logic doesn't make sense. he would want to recreate civilization without pokemon, and to rid the world of pokemon, he calls upon the pokemon of death its self (assuming you are playing Y) to kill all the pokemon. this logic doesn't workwhen you consider the fact that after everyone is already dead, if he planned on all people living, there would be even more fighting, something he didn't want, and if he wiped everyone else except for team flare, wouldn't yvetal kill them anyway. how was he planning on getting rid of his ultimate weapon? this team is my favorite, but it has the least logic of any team i have seen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Was pretty surprised honestly. Not just at the death's but how 'creepy' the story got late game. I mean seriously their goal was to kill all Pokemon and humans. And 3000 years ago somebody successfully killed thousands of Pokemon and humans. It's definitely the darkest story yet, and I can't believe some of the reviews I saw said things like "the story is bland and follows the same pattern." HELL NAW.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What was your reaction on the first ever confirmed death in the pokemon franchise, where lysandre killed himself as well as all of team flare? mine was horrified by how dark it was compared to the other evil organizations ways of splitting up. this is besides the fact that his logic doesn't make sense. he would want to recreate civilization without pokemon, and to rid the world of pokemon, he calls upon the pokemon of death its self (assuming you are playing Y) to kill all the pokemon. this logic doesn't workwhen you consider the fact that after everyone is already dead, if he planned on all people living, there would be even more fighting, something he didn't want, and if he wiped everyone else except for team flare, wouldn't yvetal kill them anyway. how was he planning on getting rid of his ultimate weapon? this team is my favorite, but it has the least logic of any team i have seen.

when in the game did it say that he and team flare all killed themselves? I must have missed that bit of text rofl

I'm not anywhere near that point, but I don't think all of Team Flare was killed if they were killed. Malva is still alive and from what I've seen from hints and what a few of my friends are telling me, she's a Team Flare member and E4 member so they aren't all dead if they did die XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    yeah um guys ive completed the game well the all the story line part of it and they dont all die at all... they have gone back to what kinda people they were before it and through out it several of the characters from team flare arrise after they are 'all killed'..

Years
  • when in the game did it say that he and team flare all killed themselves? I must have missed that bit of text rofl

well lysandre kills most of his team (apparently not all) with yvetal/xerneas as you can see in geosenage town, when he blows up his base (he also kills most of geosenage town by flipping the houses) except for people in the pokemon center, you, and your friends.

Years
  • The story was rather dark, but not in any way bland. Most of his team has disappeared (possibly from explosion/implied deaths), but you can see a few around. One is in a house in Kiloude City, saying he has lost his ways as a Team Flare member (but wanted to keep his snazzy suit :3)

Sirfetch’d

I really loved the darker element of this story because it was time for one. All previous generations have given us a story that had times where it would seem as if it were going in a darker direction, but never fully reached that. I was unaware though that he killed most of Team Flare off and I just assumed that they all escaped except Lysandre, but regardless a good conclusion to this dark storyline.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I haven't played the game but Team Flare doesn't sound interesting. The leader sounds ostensibly like a cliched, archetypal, omnicidal, villain... Well, Pokemon was never great at bringing us good characters or a well written story anyway.

Just because a character dies doesn't mean that the story is "dark" or "ambiguous"(hopefully nobody thought that way). The way people are describing the death and character makes it sound shallow especially when people overlook and even fail to acknowledge the death.

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
    Years
  • The story was very shallow with the exception of AZ's story there was no character development and I'm still annoyed by them being team flare for no reason. No explanation or noticeable reason for that name. Some use fire types, but not all of them, and their mission has nothing to do with fire.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • What was your reaction on the first ever confirmed death in the pokemon franchise, where lysandre killed himself as well as all of team flare? mine was horrified by how dark it was compared to the other evil organizations ways of splitting up. this is besides the fact that his logic doesn't make sense. he would want to recreate civilization without pokemon, and to rid the world of pokemon, he calls upon the pokemon of death its self (assuming you are playing Y) to kill all the pokemon. this logic doesn't workwhen you consider the fact that after everyone is already dead, if he planned on all people living, there would be even more fighting, something he didn't want, and if he wiped everyone else except for team flare, wouldn't yvetal kill them anyway. how was he planning on getting rid of his ultimate weapon? this team is my favorite, but it has the least logic of any team i have seen.

Actually he's re-creating the world only for people who joined Team Flare. He said it on the holo-caster after the 7th gym, anyone who isn't part of Team Flare will die. With only Team Flare member in his new world he's assuming all fighting would stop. The reason why he's killing off the pokemon is because it cause the people to "battle" which he didn't want in his world.

I can accept the story, the leader isn't really a villain in a sense when you think about what he wanted. He wanted a beautiful world without fighting and the only way to do this in the pokemon world is to get rid of Pokemons. It's different from what we seen so far and I like it.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Actually he's re-creating the world only for people who joined Team Flare. He said it on the holo-caster after the 7th gym, anyone who isn't part of Team Flare will die. With only Team Flare member in his new world he's assuming all fighting would stop. The reason why he's killing off the pokemon is because it cause the people to "battle" which he didn't want in his world.

I can accept the story, the leader isn't really a villain in a sense when you think about what he wanted. He wanted a beautiful world without fighting and the only way to do this in the pokemon world is to get rid of Pokemons. It's different from what we seen so far and I like it.

Well I guess Lysandre was a good person in his own right, although his methods weren't very...nice. (I prefer N's story more than Lysandre's though) And I do agree that the storyline got disturbing at some point. XP

Years
  • The story was very shallow with the exception of AZ's story there was no character development and I'm still annoyed by them being team flare for no reason. No explanation or noticeable reason for that name. Some use fire types, but not all of them, and their mission has nothing to do with fire.

neither did team magma or team aqua

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I don't remember exactly what Sycamore said, but from what I remember I was under the assumption that not even Lysandre died...in a state similar to Ghetsis's after B2W2, maybe. But if he did die, well, it's not THAT surprising to me. The entire backstory of X and Y is about a war where many people and Pokémon died, and how the king sacrificed other Pokémon to bring his back. Death is already established within the games.
    And, as others have said, it's confirmed that a fair amount of Flare members survived and can be found post-game. Heck, I even think the member who chased your rivals out of the PokéBall Factory is still there.

Also, I'm a firm supporter of the theory that Giovanni died after his event in HGSS, so death in the series really don't shock me.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years

You're looking at it the wrong way. Not flare as in fire, flare as in style, pazzaz. Every second thing they say has to do with being fashionable. This is why they are Team Flare

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    You're looking at it the wrong way. Not flare as in fire, flare as in style, pazzaz. Every second thing they say has to do with being fashionable. This is why they are Team Flare

they still had fire type pokemon on there team lol. what get me this girl ghost npc carry fairy pokemon lol. i thought they would have ghost type pokemon with them

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    This thread seems to be based around assumptions. I didn't interpret it that way at all.

Although I agree with those who are saying that the game was surprisingly dark.

Back