• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach Bike or Acro???

gerudodragon1

Ganons Minion, Gerdodragon1
Years
judge each bike by the tasks it accomplishes and think about it.

rayquaza or a full heal? mach bike any day.

[Fear_Itself]

I am your worst nightmare.
Years
I'd have to agree with Toothache and gerudodragon1.
The Mach Bike is needed for one of the most important things in the game, getting Rayquaza from the very top of the Sky Pillar.
I honestly think the makers of the game expect you to like the Acro bike because it is more controlled. But then, you need the Mach Bike for the Sky Pillar, and you don't know how to controll it.
The Mach Bike is liked by those who have mastered its speed and turning.
Toothache has a good point, if you leave pets at the daycare for breeding often, the Mach Bike seems to make the paces needed pass much quicker (That goes for hatching eggs too.).
Also, the Mach Bike is needed to get up the muddy slopes above Mauville City and some near Foretree.

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2008
Well, the only way you can race against time in bike train (if thats what its called. havnt played it in a while, so forget what its called.) Someone told me that if you never crash and beet it in less that 30 seconds, the person gives you an item. Is that true?

[Fear_Itself]

Years
To JakeEMan: Yes, I'm sure that is correct.
But, mastering the Mach Bike, not running into people, and traveling the winding bike road of Mauville is very hard to do.
I haven't done it myself, but I've seen guidelines from people who have.
As for the item you're given, I'm not necessarily sure.​

ArKiVe

Back In Black
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 30, 2006
Yeah I like speed a lot, makes things easier to do for me if I ever need to. Mach.

[Fear_Itself]

Years
If I would have to pick a favorite, I would have to say Acro.
It's controlled, and you can do a wheelie on it.
If that isn't cool enough, I don't know what is. xD
Besides, Mach Bikes are too fast for my taste.
I only use it when I need it.
The convenient thing is, when you want a certain number of steps to hatch an egg just received from the Daycare Center, Mauville is right nextdoor, so switching is easy.​

Sneas

Burning Blaze.
Years
I prefer the Acro Bike, since it is easier to control. Yeah it's slower, but I like control better than speed usually.

Demonta

Jem Juggler
Years
Mach bike for me, i found it horendously hard to control at first but now i am confident with riding it, plus it is good for breeding.

also i managed to get through the biker's bridge (the one near the rydel shop) in 9.31 seconds with NO BUMPING!

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Mach Bike. I only used Acro Bike to get the Safari Zone species only accessible by Acro Bike.

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2018
i prefer mach bike for the following reasons:

-breeding(faster breeding+exp)
-rayquaza
-racing on cycling road(9.16/0 collisions, you gt no item btw)
-the items you can get by riding it

Back