• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Machamp for Worlds?

Shadow Chant

Top 4 at Worlds 2009
    Years
    Machamp

4-2-3-1 Machamp Lv.X (2 SF Machamp, 1 DP Machamp)
    1-0-1 Metagross
    2-2 Claydol
    2 Uxie
    2 Unown G
    1 Ditto
    1 Mesprit
    ____ 23 Pokemon

2 Upper Energy
    1 Psychic Energy
    4 Call Energy
    4 Fight Energy
    ____ 11 Energy

4 Rare Candy
    3 BTS
    2 Night Maintenance
    4 Poke-Drawer
    2 SSU
    3 Plus-Power
    4 Bebe's Search
    3 Roseanne's Research
    1 Warp Point
    1 Luxury Ball

Strategy is obviously straight donking and that, mesprit is to lock powers against other Pokemon, Upper Energy is when you're behind prizes, free Hurricane Punch or cheaper Rage. 1-0-1 Metagross is to switch up Pokemon for Machamp to blow away in.

Last edited:

!MajesticSmeargle!

Let's Seperate Our Worlds
    Years
    Take out Metagross, it's good and all.
    But not for this deck. And the fact that you would need to waste a Rare candy on it.

I would prefer to take out the lv.X but then again there is Flygon

Replace the:
    1 Psychic Energy
    4 Call Energy

For
    5 more fighting

NM2

Years
    Don't you think that's too many Pokémon for a Machamp deck? Your goal is to start donking T2, having 9 basics other than Machop won't help you get the perfect start. I've been playing Machamp for quite some time and I always try to stay low on Pokémon and just pump the Trainer line. Also, I never really liked Uxie, especially since SP decks block its one-off power, letting it just waste bench space. And imo, Pokeblower+ is better than Metagross, especially when used with a 1-0-1 Dusknoir DP line, you can shuffle in a fully charged main attacker and bring in a basic for the KO.

So yeah:
    -2 Uxie (Claydol does the job better)
    -1 Mesprit
    -1 Ditto
    -1-0-1 Metagross
    -1 Psychic Energy
    -3 Plus Power (only helps in KOing 130 HP Pokémon after 4 heads with Hurricane Punch, which is not happening often)

+4 PokeBlower+
    +1-0-1 Dusknoir DP
    +4 useful Trainers (Quick Balls since the number of Pokémon is low now, Looker for disruption, Stark Mountain for moving an Energy off a dying Machamp or even countering your own BTS after you set-up)

Also, the DP Machamp isn't needed, I go 3-1 SF-Lv.X.

Back