• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mai phail team [RMT - Wi-Fi]

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
  • I tried to put together a team of UU/BL Pokémon that I like, and can function well in standard. Here they are:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 240 HP/164 Def/12 SAtk/92 SDef
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Magic Coat/Thunder Wave
    - Recover

I heard of P2's talents, and since I'm a fan of the Porygon line, I decided to give him a shot. Fairly standard lead, although debating whether to use Magic Coat or T-Wave, and if I decide the latter, then Stun Spore is redundant on Plume, and I can't get Leech Seed.
    ---

Flygon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk/216 Spd/40 SAtk
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost/Draco Meteor

Flygon is cool, hence he is here. Considering DM over Roost, so I've pumped a few extra Sp. Atk EVs to give an extra kick.
    ---

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
    Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 42 HP/252 Atk/216 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Ice Fang

This is where I think I fail. CBPerior, but with a few Sp. Def EVs to aid switching in. Thinking of replacing, as I'm sure there are better, more reliable options, but 624 Attack is nothing to scoff at.
    ---

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/46 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Slack Off
    - Yawn

Physical wall and more status support. Yawn is not standard, so I have no idea how it fares.
    ---

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 244 HP/72 Def/52 SAtk/142 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Sleep Powder
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Stun Spore/Leech Seed

Yes sims, I've always liked Plume ever since the R/B/Y days. His cry is so uber. Cleric and status, but as I say, it will be VERY difficult to get Leech Seed if I decide T-Wave over Magic Coat on Pory2.
    ---

Raichu @ Life Orb
    Ability: Static
    EVs: 42 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Focus Punch/Brick Break

The chu line is just win. End of story. Not sure about the EVs and moves, though.
    ---

This is my first team in a while, so go easy on me guys.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • I tried to put together a team of UU/BL Pokémon that I like, and can function well in standard. Here they are:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

I heard of P2's talents, and since I'm a fan of the Porygon line, I decided to give him a shot. Fairly standard lead, although debating whether to use Magic Coat or T-Wave, and if I decide the latter, then Stun Spore is redundant on Plume, and I can't get Leech Seed.

This is... a Smogon set? It looks decent, though I'm not too happy for his Speed and HP. I am sure, however, that this will survive at least one SE hit so it can hit back with T-Wave, but your point on Plume gets me thinking. Discharge might be good enough for the paralysis, if you're lucky. In which case, you can stick to Magic Coat. Maybe Psychic deserves a place in there for Fighting coverage, but this is me talking.
    ---

Flygon @ Life Orb
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost/Draco Meteor

Flygon is cool, hence he is here. Considering DM over Roost, so I've pumped a few extra Sp. Atk EVs to give an extra kick.

It's difficult seeing SAtk EVs then a -SAtk nature. I'm guessing this is a Forry or Skarm counter. And if you're going to replace something with DM, let it be DC. Two moves of the same type never worked well for me before, though it'll make Flygon more of a SAttacker, and that just doesn't seem right... I would just forget DM altogether.
    ---

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Ice Fang / Avalanche

This is where I think I fail. CBPerior, but with a few Sp. Def EVs to aid switching in. Thinking of replacing, as I'm sure there are better, more reliable options, but 624 Attack is nothing to scoff at.

Rhyperior is cool. However, Avalanche >>> Ice Fang because of his low speed. Those that will switch in might feel a little less pain from Avalanche than from Ice Fang, but it's probably more helpful in the long run, especially if your opponent has nothing decent to switch in on Rhyperior anymore.
    ---

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Slack Off
    - Yawn

Physical wall and more status support. Yawn is not standard, so I have no idea how it fares.

I'm, uhh... Not very good with Slowbro. The team does need a physical wall, but I don't know if Slowbro can manage it as well as you might expect. It has 4 weaknesses, after all. But then again, what doesn't these days...
    ---

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 244 HP/72 Def/52 SAtk/142 SDef
    - Aromatherapy
    - Sleep Powder
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Stun Spore/Leech Seed Energy Ball / Grass Knot

Yes sims, I've always liked Plume ever since the R/B/Y days. His cry is so uber. Cleric and status, but as I say, it will be VERY difficult to get Leech Seed if I decide T-Wave over Magic Coat on Pory2.

I am a fan of double status. I do worry about Steels, though, even if there aren't too many of them out there. You might invest in Grass Knot or Energy Ball if you have similar concerns.
    ---

Raichu @ Life Orb
    EVs: 42 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Focus Punch/Brick Break

The chu line is just win. End of story. Not sure about the EVs and moves, though.

Raichu has pretty nice stats for a UU Pokemon. Although, what worries me most is your setup opportunities. Fragility might prove it difficult to setup Nasty Plot without sleep support from your Slowbro, which now makes me understand why Yawn is there. Good luck at prediction. Focus Punch for incoming Special Sponges. Nice.
    ---

My biggest concerns are Rhyperior and Slowbro. More for Rhyperior, since Surf, Energy Ball, and Grass Knot are common moves to find. Or am I thinking too much of Shoddy? Anyway, it's 3:00am in the Philippines right now, so I can't think of anything specific to replace either one of those Pokemon, so I'll leave that to the others. Hope I helped! :D

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'd replace Rhyperior with a revenge killer that can help with your ridiculous Gengar weak. As far as BL pokemon are converned, Alakazam is a decent option for performing such a task, and it also beats Deoxys-S.

Also Leftovers is generally better than Black Sludge so you aren't playing with fire in the unlikely event that something on the opposing team is carrying Trick, but it's safer. If you don't have anymore Leftovers it doesn't really matter though, lol

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    You have a Medicham weakness. Slowbro can take a Thunderpunch or two (I'll make damage calcs later) but it can't switch in repeatedly. If you can bring in Slowbro and they're stupid enough to keep it in, you have a chance.

Also beware of Alakzam, who can outspeed your whole team and hit it for Super Effective, bar Raichu who is just lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Slowbro can keep switching in considering it has instant recovery. Medicham is almost always scarfed anyways so it's not really a threat.

I agree about Alakazam, and special attackers in general give your team a rather tough time. Regice or something along those lines could be helpful over Raichu or something. It's kind of hard to get ingame though >_>

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    If it's Band Medicham (rare, but still possible) They can come in on things such as Porygon2 and force a switch. Situational though.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I tried to put together a team of UU/BL Pokémon that I like, and can function well in standard. Here they are:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

Great.
    ---

Flygon @ Life Orb
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast/U-Turn
    - Roost/Draco Meteor

I'd recommend not running Fire Blast with Draco Meteor, especially with Jolly.
    ---

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Ice Fang/Avalanche

Try running (-Spd) with 0 Spd IVs and Avalanche. Do not replace. Runs a Life Orb set better.
    ---

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Slack Off
    - Yawn/Grass Knot/HP Electric

Pretty standard. (That's not a bad thing, but I have little to comment on).
    ---

Vileplume @ Leftovers
    EVs: 244 HP/136 Def/128 SDef
    - Aromatherapy
    - Sleep Powder
    - Energy Ball
    - Stun Spore/Leech Seed

You're running a Defensive/Support set; Leftovers please. Energy Ball's coverage is much better than Sludge Bomb, especially with the few Grass types in OU. Consider a Sassy nature as well.
    ---

Raichu @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 HP
    Modest Nature -or- Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Focus Blast/HP Ice

Raichu can't really operate in an OU environment. Its Defense is poor, and there are too many EQs in the Standard Metagame. Get rid of Focus Punch/Brick Break; unless you're running a SubPunching or Focus Scarf/Band set, you're better of with Focus Blast or HP Ice. Both are useful in both UU and OU evironments.
    ---

I can't say it's perfect, but it's not a bad team at all.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Bwahahahahaha

I've used Raichu in OU, quite fun. Foucus Puch is indeed necessary. The number one special wall greats creamed by it.

Second, there is no difference between Black Sludge & leftovers. Although I prefer Black Sludge. F's up Tricksters, and you can get it back with well prediction.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Which is exactly why I used to put Blk Sludge on my epicfailgar.

If u do decide DM>> Roost, consider Scarfing Gon for a nice saweep. Also, Medicham and Zam will screw you up. Consider Scarf/Specs Zam to revenge kill with, Shadow Ball should beat out Cham and Zam.

Also, I think Rhyperior should keep CB. Solid Rock isn't guaranteed survival, so Life Orb can rlly put an end to Perior.

Since you are putting this up against OU, and many ppl love to status, I would recommend Magic Coating Pory-2. If StunSpore/Leech Seed problem is difficult, try putting Lanturn in over Vileplume. Can parafusion and takes special hits well. Granted, that does mean you lose a cleric.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Magic Coat over Thunder Wave as Discharge paralyzes 30% of the time anyway. No SpAtk EVs. Put 8 of them in Spd and the other 4 in SpDef.

Naive with Fire Blast otherwise you're not always 2HKOing Skarmory. 12 SpAtk EVs. Roost, not Draco Meteor. On Flygon that is.

Avalanche over Ice Fang, Rhyperior is too slow to IF

Grass Knot over Sludge Bomb on Vileplume, don't know much else about it though

Pikachu does Raichu's job better.

Have a nice day.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Tangrowth, Leafeon, the most common is Celebii, Roserade, hell, even Breloom. Torterra makes an apperance every now & then.

That set isn't meant to cause damage, just to really abuse Leech Seed. You are rendered useless against other grassers with that move, who will continue to raep Plume.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Whoops, I put the wrong nature on Flygon. Would you guys say Naive @ DM and U-Turn?

I admit that I'm lacking a but of defence on the special side; who could I possibly afford to lose and what could I replace with?

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • Rhyperior's been trying to get replaced. 4x weakness to 2 common types, deathly SDef and Speed both seem like good enough reasons to put it away, don't you think?

If you're still concerned for the SDef, maybe... Ludicolo? There's always Uxie and Shaymin, too. They've got good Special (or mixed) Walling capabilities, and have their own attacking and/or annoying ways, too. And they're all BL.

Back