• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

makeing steelix moveset`

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
Years
  • ok ive been playing around with my team for Fr and just came up with a little problem...i didnt have a decent physical sponge so ive decided to go with a steelix as i like the look of him and yes...his godly defence (breaking 400 mark!)

ok here is my moveset ive thought of:

Steelix
    @ leftovers
    252 Att, 252 HP, 6 SpDef
    (nature not sure) (+Att, - SpAtt i think)

- Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Double Edge (going to have rock head =) )

now is this a g=ood set? i can roar out special attackers, after they hit me once sadly. anything else i can just beat the heck out of with a stabed move or just a powerful one.

im thinking the EV's could be 252 Att, 252 HP (its too low for a tank i think) and 6 SpDef.

now hows that look?

Jaws...

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • Steelix@Leftovers (Rock Head)
    252 att, 6 hp, 252 sp def
    Adamant
    Earthquake
    Iron Tail
    Double Edge
    Roar

IMHO.

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
  • not iron tail...its a shoddy move IMHO. like ive read before..the best steel move is HP steel, even meteor mash misses at moments you need it to hit...and accuracy is top of my list.

Jaws...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • if accuracy is such an important thing, then stick with HP Steel... though I personally prefer either Iron Tail on Steelix, or no steel moves at all...

Putting sp.def EV is kinda wasted, as you are not hoping for Steelix to survive special attacks anyway (I hope). I'll rather dump them all in hp, atk and def (however you want for the exact number), but I'll never go outside of these 3 categories for Steelix... Steelix definitely needs some def EV and hp EV in order to survive incoming physical attacks.

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
  • cos i want roar im going to need spc def EV's so he can hopefully survive then roar them away and bring out a physical attacker....get a free hit in on the switch out to the spc attacker again....then roar him away again.....just a strat i just thought of then.

Jaws...

Shuckle

Most Hated Strategist.
    Years
  • And Generally not a strat that is used for good reason. IMHO, use this set

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Standard EVs
    -Rock Slide
    -EQ
    -m00b
    -Roar

Try to put some special defense evs so it can survive the special attack or m00b on the switch :o

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • If you encounter a special attacker, either switch out, or if you think it will be difficult for you to beat it, then survive and m00b.

Achilles

Years
  • I prefer the Toxistaller. Works great on physical opponents.

Steelix@Leftovers
    Impish: 252 HP, 252 Sp Def 6 Att
    Toxic
    Protect (you could go with Sub)
    Earthquake
    Double Edge

Back