• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Makes me mad

QlLA\/A

H0wling H0undooms
    Years
    you know how when a pokemon gets paralyzed or goes to sleep, most of the time it can't move because it is paralyzed or not moving at all beacuse it is asleep, so my question is why do the pokemon escape from the ball when catching it, i mean it is asleep, how in the world could it get out! I know you will say to make it harder but really, that is just dumb!

enyce

banned
    Years
    QlLA\/A said:
    you know how when a pokemon gets paralyzed or goes to sleep, most of the time it can't move because it is paralyzed or not moving at all beacuse it is asleep, so my question is why do the pokemon escape from the ball when catching it, i mean it is asleep, how in the world could it get out! I know you will say to make it harder but really, that is just dumb!

You do have a point. You cant get out of a grip if you're sleeping. Unless a movement from the outside. Affects the dreams on the inside of the mind. Causing it to move, and maybe breaking free of the ball. I know this, because I sleep A LOT, and when my girlfriend grabs me. I tend to get out of her grip.

But the paralysis thing. That should equal an guaranteed catch. I mean if you're paralyzed. You cant move. Also, I think paralysis. Should increase the accuracy, of your moves by ten or twenty percent.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    QlLA\/A said:
    I know. That makes no sense. Especially the Legi's they escape no matter what.
    For example: Latias in Pokemon Emerald and its HP is very low and its paralyze and she keep on coming out every ball I throw at her

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    You thrown a Master Ball yet? Try one of those, they seem to work.

I do see your point though, although capturing the legendaries would be too easy, being put to sleep should give a slightly better chance than it seems to when it comes to capturing. Sleep or Freeze apparently gives the best chance as well as low HP (although how often do you see Ice Beam freeze?), but it never seems to be as simple as that, especially as I noticed something like Regirock was easier to stay in the ball at full HP than he was at low HP.

Back