• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Making the game not change music for battle (in certain areas)

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    You guys've probably played at least one RPG where late in the game, the overworld/dungeon music will just bleed into battle and it won't change when you encounter monsters, and won't change when you win the fight and gain EXP, to give that extra feeling of finality or for lack of better word, epicness.

I've done a lot of binary hacking stuff for Gen III (mainly FireRed) and very trivial amounts of scripting, but I have no idea how to approach a task like this. Is the music for wild encounters called by something that's hard to reach in the code or can you do a map script upon entry that'll disable that function? I know people kinda hate doing work for "hey will you make me this thing? :)" threads but tbh I have noooo idea where to start with something like this, and even just a point in the right direction would be helpful. To reiterate, I am definitely working in FireRed for this, and the idea would be that, let's say for example's sake, Victory Road's theme wouldn't change when you find a wild encounter in there or after you win the fight.

Any help would be appreciated :P

Back