• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making the party/Pokémon summary screens 3rd Gen style

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
  • Hey guys,

I'm making my game with 3rd gen graphics and was wondering if there's any way or if someone has implemented 3rd gen summary and party screen graphics to the latter Pokemon Essentials.

Also, if not, (and maybe this is for someone with scripting knowledge) is there any way to tweak the summary screens and the party screen so it looks like the 3rd gen one?

I could just use an older version of essentials since it used to have all this already done, but as you know those are quite outdated.

With this is clear that my script knowledge is far from optimal, so if anyone could lend me a hand with this i'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I've already modified my game to use a Gen 3 style summary screen. Here are some pictures:
    Spoiler:

You also have to go into the scripts for the summary screen to change all the text positions around, since it uses Gen 4's layout by default and nothing is going to line up correctly once you switch over.

Here are the templates I used, it should get you started:
    https://imgur.com/a/bnKot

They're from FRLG, but if you want RSE you could always go to spriters resource.

RaulCortez

Years
  • Hey silentgamer64, thanks a lot man! this comes in handy big time. Now i'd just need to figure out the party screen. I'll check the codes to see what it is that i need to change and how. If you need any help with illustrations or art for your game, hit me up!

@Maruno, if by any chance you get to see this thread, I wanted to ask you something i was thinking about today.

When you changed the graphics to the 4th gen ones, besides the default screen size change did you change those parts (the party/summary screens) drastically code wise to the point that if i replace the current scripts with the ones of the 3rd gen graphics had, they won't work?

It might seem like a dumb question to a seasoned programmer, not sure, but I'm just trying to figure some stuff out. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I can actually answer that question from personal experience. If you just replace the Gen 3 summary screens with the current Gen 4 ones, everything is going to be out of place because the coordinates for the Pokémon data has a different layout. To change the coordinates of the text, you're going to have to play around with their coordinates in the PScreen_Summary script.

Good luck with the party screen, I'm looking to do the same thing with my game eventually, but I'm working on some other stuff right now. If you do eventually figure it out, let me know.

RaulCortez

Years
  • Thanks, man. What I'll end up doing is just going by what you did and sort of move things around and give it a kind of 3rd gen skin to the 4th gen layout. I'd love to be able to have it all set up and looking like in 3rd gen, but that seems like scripting knowledge way beyond what i can do atm. I saw superminijoseph.devinatart.com was doing an essentials kit based on emerald's aesthetic, but im not sure if he's been able to finish it.

Hopefully with this topic up someone with more scripting experience might be able to help us out. :)

Last edited:
    Back