• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male Genitalia Mutilation

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Please explain the flaming to my argument. You say "one of the worst arguments". "I don't know what to do with this". If you have nothing to say, don't quote. Even though it's your body, you can't make the decision as a baby, d'uh. It'll hurt too much when you're older and you probably won't want to do it which if fine. If your parents want ti for you, it's their choice, when you're a baby. Deal with it. Some of you just like making people look dumb when you don't agree. Make valid statements.

One more thing, this debate is a tad silly no? What does it matter if you're circumcised or not. Worse things happen to people, way worse.
    Things that happen to my body ought to be my choice. It's not something that can be undone, which is why I take issue with it. I would be equally upset if any other part of my body was removed in a situation where it was not causing problems. It is the permanent removal of a part of the body. "Deal with it" is not an acceptable reason.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Worse things happen to people, way worse.

Rule of thumb: if your argument can be applied to justify many things that should not be justifiable, it's not a good argument. For example, you can easily use this argument to justify plenty of crimes because "worse things happen to people". Your house was broken into? Worse things happen, deal with it, etc.

Just because worse things happen doesn't mean that people shouldn't be upset at this violation of personal rights. Feeling like circumcision is wrong doesn't mean that you can't think that other, worse things are wrong.

Back