• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male Nurses in Pokemon?

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    Men can be nurses it juust isent common

Anywya yesi remember seeing male doctors but not general healers

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would have to say it is basically because when you think of a nurse you think girl...but that is the best answer I have to ur question...

though in the older hows they did have a male doctor once, I remember that!!! He was a doctor for humans...

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I'd say stereotype. And the whole Nurse Joy family thing, I guess Nurse Joy needs no help eh?

Years
    Well they're stereotyping but there's probably many reasons as to why there aren't male nurses (e.g. Nurses have usually been female and in wars in the past, the nurses were generally females, so a female nurse healing a wounded slodier, in this case a pokemon only makes sense.) It would be awesome if they had male nurses though. Give them a male body, shorter hair, wax it back and change the pink to blue.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It could just be that males would be ashamed to be nurses.

Like in the Simpsons, when Marge's father was an air hostess... a similar thing would have been done with Pokemon to teach boys they shouldn't play girls roles or something. It's kinda stupid, but yeah, it would be weird even to have a male nurse.

Years
    Uhm, how would males be ashamed? Sure, they obviously couldn't become doctors but same thing goes for females. Watching SCRUBS makes me wanna be a DUDEnurse. Then again, I don't know any guys that wanna be nurses. That's because they don't watch SCRUBS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah but based on the stereotypes; they imply that the males would be embarrased.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I remember nurse Joy, who is most definitely (probably?) female.
    if joy was male theyd be implyin that brock is gay...and that makes all the other females he drools over male.(unless hes bi of course.;))

Years
    I personally think male nurses would suck!
    It would just change the old Pokémon too much.
    This is my opinion.

Years
    the reason why is....it would be creepy to have male nurses plain as that ._.

Creepy in Pokemon or in General? I don't think there's anything wrong with male nurses really.

Maybe though it's because a Pokemon Centre runs differently to a human hospital? So nurses in a Pokemon Centre are like doctors to us and the Chanseys are more like what we would consider a nurse. Just a theory (if it makes any sense...)

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    2 reasons i can think of one having a male nurse named joy is wrong 2 Brock cant fall in love with him and will ruin the show where crogunk shanks him havent seen crogunk do that in a while

Back