• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Male pokemon stubborness

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Since pokemon have had a gender after Gen II, I can't help but only allow male pokemon to be in my possession. If I'm filling my pokedex and I come across a female that I need, I'll simply escape battle and retry until I find a male.

I can't help but think, is this only me? Does anyone else do this? Do any females only allow female pokemon? Just curious! Breeding is simple with a ditto and starters 90% of the time come in male, legendaries are genderless.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    I get this a little bit. I prefer certain Pokemon to be male and vice versa. Very rarely I ditch them from my team if they aren't what I want them to be ideally. I also can't comprehend the concept of a female Mr. Mime.

EDIT: Every single time play a new gen game, I have always gotten a female starter. I don't know what it is, but it happens every time, since the Crystal days. So I guess in the future if I got a male one I would probably restart until I got a female one for tradition.

Years
    Honestly, I can't say I mind either way. However, I did defeat the final four with an all male team, aside from my genderless legendary that I can never remember the name of. This wasn't because I was specifically after males, but rather it was what I had come across first. I got a female Mime Jr. though, and found this a little disjointed.

Oh well.

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    I thought I was the only one.. Full males team is the only way I can go

HUF_DBC

I do the exact same thing, but i don't really know why. Maybe it's because I believe subconsciously that males are stronger haha I have no idea, its kinda sexist

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This is a very broad discussion, one that can range from multiple generations and not just X and Y alone. I'd move your thread over to Pokémon Gaming Central, but there's already one there with the very same topic (Ew! It's a girl.) Please use that one instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back