• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Male Vs. Female Pokemon

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    If all of your Pokemon are the same gender, an opposite gendered Pokemon will pretty much rape your team with Attract and Captivate.

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Well I'm not sure if there's any merit to what I'm about to say, but I'll throw it out there.

Me personally I've come to notice that a female Pokemon usually has better defensive stats and HP than a male Pokemon. So if you're looking for an attacker I would go male, and if you want a good wall/defensive pokemon, female is prolly appropriate.

But that's just little things I've noticed, I'm not sure if there's any fact behind my statement or just really odd coincidence...

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    yeah that's a coincidence just becuase nintendo would never allocate certian stats to certian genders. You must have just ended up with pokemon that had Ivs in those stats. A lot of people think that though

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    There is no difference statwise between pokemon.

*EDIT* I mean different gendered Pokemon. Hit Post too quickly.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I think that dialga is a girl while palkia's a boy but you never know with unknown genders.

No, if anything Palkia would be female and Dialga would be male. Its footprint resembles the crown queens wear. Dialga's footprint resembles the crowns kings wear. And Giratina's foot print resembles a crown (IDK who wears ones in that shape).

Years
    i always catch wat ever my starter pokemon is like if my starter pokemon is a girl i only catch girls i don't like having the blue and the pink together its bad

Back