• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga > All

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Do you read manga to the exclusion of the other forms of Pokemon media (anime, games, TCG)?

If you keep up with other aspects of the franchise as well, would you keep reading the manga if those parts of the franchise suddenly died and left you with just the manga? Or do you think it needs the support of the rest of the franchise to be a successful manga?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I keep up with all the other forms of Pokémon media, well except maybe TCG. I think the manga couldn't work without the other media because it would have just too many things missing that couldn't be covered in manga that are in the games.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • I keep up with the manga well not the manga, there's tons of pokemon mangas, OKAY I READ POKESPE and the games. Not a fan of the anime unless it suddenly transformed into pokespe annnnd haven't played the TCG in years.

The manga, or at least Pokespe, definitely couldn't work without the games, imo.

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
    Years
  • I would keep in touch with the manga but according to me without the support of other media forms,especially games,the interest in this franchise would start to die.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • The manga is my favorite part of the Pokemon franchise. I think it should stay a separate story, as long as it stays slightly related to the main canon.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I wanted to get into the Manga, but had trouble finding every issue in english. To tell ya the truth, I only keep up with the games

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The Pokemon media forms supplement each other, really. (Except for the TCG. I've always considered it independent, because the main relation is that it's about Pokemon and nothing else.) For Pokemon Special, it builds on the games, so it relies on the other medias. Otherwise, some things would go unexplained and be confusing. In general, the manga build on a certain event or aspect of the games or anime, so they almost depend on them to make some sort of sense. To me, they expand the view of whatever they're written about, as it gives a different perspective.

If the franchise just left me the manga, though, I'd still read the manga.

Back