• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga artist in training, how am I doing?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    MoonLight said:
    Hey that's a Pretty cool pic ya have there , Not bad for intraining ^_^
    Great Job keep up the Great Work

Woot, even a mod likes it!! Ok, it's not as bad as I first thought :-)

Yeah, pretty soon I'll digivolve from intraining to rookie...

Er, what are you doing? Bad boy, making Digimon references on a Pokemon site... I won't do it again...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wow! This is good, Toothy! I never thought I'd have another artist friend! The words are awesome, its rad, dude! *thumbs up* =D

*dies*

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Tootache said:
    Awwww, thankee hun *hugs the Toon lady* Going all red now *blushes*
    Toon lady? XD That's a kyewt name! ^_^ There's a reason I'm CaRtOON! XD *hand stretches out to the sky and grabs the Sun*

Owww! Hot!! XDDD

BTW, I look forward to seeing more of yer piccies ^_^

*dies*

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    There are some flaws but nothing much. But to become a Manga-Ka you have to use ink and screen tones ^_^ screentones are pieces of papers that are used for textures, they are like a sticker.. There about $3/page. You need an X-acto knife too. Also, a tracing box, most likely. I'd haveto ask Orenji. She's the rule Manga-ka.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Geez you guys....did you read the first post in this thread at ALL!?!

With the exception of PSB, everyone just came in and said, "It's cool" "I like it" "Good Job" "A for Effort." When he obviously ASKED you guys to give SUGGETIONS on how to improve his work!! HOLY CRAP!!

First off, the hair is in fact kind of Stringy, and his head is an oval, not a box...You shouldn't color with crayons, wait until you have the proper ink or color in on your comp. The eyes are kinda small and eerie, if thats what your going for then it's ok. For a first try I think it's pretty good...

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Dakota said:
    Geez you guys....did you read the first post in this thread at ALL!?!

With the exception of PSB, everyone just came in and said, "It's cool" "I like it" "Good Job" "A for Effort." When he obviously ASKED you guys to give SUGGETIONS on how to improve his work!! HOLY CRAP!!

First off, the hair is in fact kind of Stringy, and his head is an oval, not a box...You shouldn't color with crayons, wait until you have the proper ink or color in on your comp. The eyes are kinda small and eerie, if thats what your going for then it's ok. For a first try I think it's pretty good...

Thanks Dakota... yeah, I wasn't happy with the hair anyway, was trying for a wild and windswept effect, but didn't turn out too well. As for ink and colour, well, I'm not completely sure how to colour in on a computer from a pencil and paper drawing (I know I can scan it in an use an art package, but a) never done it before, and b) not sure which one to use). I used crayons cos I had them to hand so I thought, eh, what the hey :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Very nice toothache!!

I would change the hairstyle though.....I don't know why @_@

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Oh as for crits i noticed some. The hair is to squarish. otherwise that guys using far to much gel. He also lookes quite.. .stiff. Try to loosen him up. Trust me loosening pictures takes a lot of practice so make sure you do lots of poses. Also he looks almsot too realistic. Try making him more shapely and less detailed.

Back