• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga vs Anime

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2008
    I love the manga LOTS but. . .I don't think it's better than the anime? I think they're pretty even, actually.

Good Points for the Manga:
    -Awesome characters
    -There's almost always continuity
    -Unique Plots/Backstories
    -Kick*** Battles

Good Points for the Anime
    -Family/Kiddy friendly
    -Cute Humor
    -Depending on the art director, battles can look INCREDIBLE and INTENSE in motion.
    -Pokemon themselves tend to have more personalities (though this is true for the manga too, but I've seen it more with the Anime's Pokemon)

Overall, I think the Manga is geared mostly toward the older crowd while the Anime is aimed at younger kids and families overall. This doesn't make either one BETTER: they just have different target audiences.

I think I'm one of the few people in the older target audience that still enjoys Ash and Team Rocket's antics. And yes it's episodic, because let's face it, it's a kids show. Almost EVERY kiddy action cartoon follows this formula (oh noes a bad guy! We beat them! Hooray!!) But despite that, the show has become a lot more plot driven for those who gave it up after Johto (which was dead boring imo). And there's a much better villain now.

I haven't read LeafGreen/FireRed yet but honestly I think Red and Green are kind of boring (I LOVE Blue, Gold, and Silver though) so I prefer their anime counter-parts instead X3 Aaah, sorry this sort of turned into a rant. I just get a little flustered when people bash the anime like it's the worst thing ever.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
  • Aqua Mudkip: The Manga is even more better than the anime! The story, the scenes, it's just awesome! I love the manga!

Aqua Mudkip to triscuitpop: It makes you sound like your saying Final Fantasy VII is for little kids because Sephiroth comes back to life and Cloud's there to beat him almost all the time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2008
    Aqua Mudkip: The Manga is even more better than the anime! The story, the scenes, it's just awesome! I love the manga!

Aqua Mudkip to triscuitpop: It makes you sound like your saying Final Fantasy VII is for little kids because Sephiroth comes back to life and Cloud's there to beat him almost all the time.

. . .I'm not even sure how you came to that conclusion as that's faaaar from what I said. But I've never even played that game (not a fan, sorry) so can't say much else 8B

Back