• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mangaroll's stuff =p

Years
  • You might wanna save your files as something different, such as a .png. You are losing quality.

Besides that, these are all quite interesting. Even though the Rhydon scares me, I like the touch of making the Onix head's eyes "souless". I like the Mew and the Dragonair the best, but the antenna on the Dragonair do not look positioned right. They do not look like they are side by side, but one under the other...Do you understand? Maybe by making the closest one overlap on the head or atleast connect to the outline would alleviate this problem.

I do not like the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. They are horridly too dark to see.

That scratched "prevo" onix is very cute, but it just looks like a little onix, not a new form.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Apart from what Lorami already said, I'd like to add that I love your concepts. The onix head as a helmet is genius, please keep these up.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • I have to say, first time spriters always follow one pattern: Post a thread with sprites that are all either mediocre, in .JPG format, and have only one good one. I think you fit the pattern well with your little Vulpix. At first glance, it actually looks as if it has been redone in a form of scratching instead of the usual fusion. Only upon close observation can I tell that it is indeed a fusion. There are others that I like, but your Vulpix immediately drew my eyes away from them. Bravo. *Clapclap*

~Des

Years
  • ...Ooh, so your computer can't save to .png? What type of computer are you using, and what program? (I assume Paint.) In that case, I'd reccommend you save it as .bmp, but be careful-- some image hosts convert bitmaps to .jpegs. I'm not sure what Tinypic does, but I know that if you use Imageshack you should be okay.

Your sprites themselves aren't bad, and I'm glad you're trying scratching!~ Keep practicing and challenging yourself. If you need c+c on any one sprite, just ask.

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
    Years
  • GIF:

Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Entei
    Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Raikou
    Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Suicune (.Gif makes it look like a devamp or something...)
    Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Ho-Oh

JPG:

Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Entei
    Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Raikou
    Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Suicune
    Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Ho-Oh

Sometimes gif is better, sometimes jpeg/jpg.

Years
  • Believe me, in this situation .gif is unconditionally better-- .jpg may LOOK better from a distance, but it's worth it to lose some of your colors but keep the pixels in order. You can always recolor, but .jpgs are a pain to edit (and they mar your work). But, again, save as .bmp if you want to preserve color.

...Alternately, if you can download another image editor that can save PNGs, I encourage you to do so. The GIMP is free and easy to use, IIRC. It's just a google away.

On the topic of those sprites, those are some nice revamps you've got there. =D You reshaded them well, although the outlines on some (ex. Raikou's cloud) could use some work.

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    i really like ur fusions i didnt see any mistakes in em or anything
    ur recolors were cool looking( haha Pandalax)
    as for ur revamps i dunno wheter they are gif raped or wahtever, but the outling looks really strange..or something.. i dont really kno how to explain it but they just look kinda wierd..
    other than that everything was cool ^-^

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
    Years
  • i really like ur fusions i didnt see any mistakes in em or anything
    ur recolors were cool looking( haha Pandalax)
    as for ur revamps i dunno wheter they are gif raped or wahtever, but the outling looks really strange..or something.. i dont really kno how to explain it but they just look kinda wierd..
    other than that everything was cool ^-^

I updated them in .png format.=p Although my revamps were rushed, especially raikou.=p

Thank you.=p

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
    Years
  • C'mon guys,I don't wanna let it die...

Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -Lobomutt, I saved it .PNG but tinypic distorted it...Or maybe its just my colors?

Mangaroll's stuff =p
    -New splices.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • The very last scratch sprite you did has a black outline that makes one of the back legs look cut off. On Doro it looks like there is to much shading under the head and none anywhere else. Other than that they're pretty good.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Wow... you sure like Onix, don't you? While none of your sprites really caught my eye, I definitely think the world needs Steelix/Kyogre. Looking over them again, I kind of like your type-shifted starters and Dragonairs.

For your original pieces from scratch, you need to work on the limb positions and shading. I recommend giving my shading tutorial (link in signature) a quick once-over. The two small sprites... the baby form of Onix and Guppi... are a bit too small. You shouldn't go any smaller than Azurill.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    Very creative sprites there, I really like how you put sick colors on your recolors.

Back