• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manipulate Day/Night Time

Jcool

Stellar
Years
  • Using the Day and Night system program/patch, would it be possible to manipulate the "real time clock"? I want the palettes to change in the overworld for effect, but I don't want to make players wait for that exact time or have to change their clocks. So if I could change the time of the clock (maybe with a script that changes the value of the hour, I'm just wondering if it will automatically update itself and undo my change) then I could instantly make it night if I want an event to happen at night.

On that note, would it be possible to make the clock not real time so that this feature can be used without an emulator or hardware enabling the RTC? Or another way to look at it, be able to switch tiles and overworld palettes with a script? I think making them switch by changing the value on a clock would be easier though.

DNS has a status byte in RAM for each "time" and what palettes are to be used during that time, maybe that will do it.

Last edited:
    Back