• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manomow's Fakemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    These are some Pokemon and the male player I drew for a hack that I am making, Pokemon Lapis and Coral, that takes place in the tropical region of Tohjo.

More of them. Any criticism?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It seems like you're pretty new to this. Keep practicing. And don't be afraid to redraw the same fakemon multiple times. That's a way to get really good at them. Also, I'd suggest buying a sketch pad so that you don't have the lines on your sketches. But as I said, keep practicing. Practice makes perfect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    And don't be afraid to redraw the same fakemon multiple times.

To me, that makes me lol SOO much. Ive been through over 20 notebooks in the last 4 years drawing these and about 25 other Pokemon repeatedly adding different designs and applying different drawing structures. But anyways, thanks for the crit. That seedus design, is from like 2006 when i lived at my old house.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Maybe it's hard to see, but one thing that could really help is to build up your forms through basic shapes underneath the overall design. This helps with the proportions and shapes of each individual part of the 'mon which makes it easier to render them in a cleaner form.

Drawing the same 'mons over and over will help you familiarize yourself with how they act, but it gets redundant. Try exaggerating different parts and drawing them in different poses or from different angles. When it comes to people (or other animals with set proportions/anatomy) you can draw the same thing over and over again, but if you're drawing them out of proportion or incorrectly then you're just reiterating bad habits by repetition.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • To me, that makes me lol SOO much. Ive been through over 20 notebooks in the last 4 years drawing these and about 25 other Pokemon repeatedly adding different designs and applying different drawing structures. But anyways, thanks for the crit. That seedus design, is from like 2006 when i lived at my old house.

Really?

Drawing the same thing over and over again might improve your form, but only if you know what you're doing first. You need some basic anatomy practice. There's lots of books out there. I like the Andrew Loomis ones here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    This is the region in my hack, the Tohjo Region. The river is "The Region River". I got the Tohjo idea when playing GSCHGSS where there is Tohjo Falls, so in the hack, the falls are converted into a tourest attraction before entering the boarder building on route 27. There is now an entrance to the falls from tohjo at the top of the falls.

Lolfish

One step below magikarp :D
    Years
  • The map is interesting, but there would have to be some dynamic event that has happened. Tohjo falls is right between Johto and Kanto, so how exactly would that region be possible?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    The map is interesting, but there would have to be some dynamic event that has happened. Tohjo falls is right between Johto and Kanto, so how exactly would that region be possible?

There is a route going above tohjo falls that leads up and above johto to tohjo

Lolfish

One step below magikarp :D
    Years
  • Ok, thats a bit confusing. You might want to edit your previous post that includes the map, to clear it up a bit. The idea for a Region called called Tohjo is interesting, but confusing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    New ones! For a game idea in my head called Holo Monsters.
    Zenusian:
    xpbsly.png

Pococian:
    2qm25xw.png

Moby:
    6jmzkg.png

Have to post more tomorrow.

Back