• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Many glitches and freezes

Years
  • I'm porting Hoenn to FireRed (using DarkPsychic's Johto add-on as a base) but I found a few bugs:

Some text boxes are empty:

And some things freezes the game:
    -When a Poké Ball fails:

-When a trainer faces the player:

-And when the player tries to do a Seagallop ferry:

The player also can't read signposts or speak with the other people, the text boxes won't show up (except the Poké Mart cashier, and the player can walk with the Poké Mart menu open).

Is there a way to fix these glitches and freezes?

Years
  • Just venturing a guess, but are you sure you have the correct ROM version?

There's a 1.0, and a 1.1 version of Fire Red. Patches made for one version will often mess up if used on the other version.

Years
  • link
    It started happening once I added a recreation of Littleroot Town and Route 101 in a new map bank.

So, the issues didn't start until after you added another map, correct?

If that's the case, then I may have a hunch what's going amiss.

Assuming you're using AdvanceMap, could you tell me what version you are using?

Years
  • I'm using 1.92.

Hmm, kinda tosses my theory out the window, but I'll explain it anyway.

When you make a new map in Advance Map (as opposed to replacing an existing map), it has to write (or overwrite) data for the new map. Advance Map 1.95 is notorious for overwriting data, although I didn't think 1.92 had that problem.

You could try AdvanceMap 1.90, and see if you have any luck, that's what I use anyway.

Back