• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Mario World X. Bowsers Revenge!

Do you like the game?

• Uh... It's Hell Ausome! *****

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Uh... It's a very good game! ****

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Uh... At a Playable average ***

• Uh... Under a Playable average... **

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yuck! Horrible you shouldn't even be hacking! *

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • No prob and if you want a good spriter I would suggest starting a thread on that site cause I don't think most people here know good spriters for that game. Most probably a pokemon game but not for smw

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    That only edits the enemies Death animation... not the actual SPRITE ITSELF.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Nope, it's a very similar program. oh well, time to hunt trough TileMolester...

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    No Problem! Pokemon Hacks are getting too boring around here, so I'm bringing in something new for this place.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    Go to smwcentral.net, play some featured hacks and maybe you'll see why your hack needs A LOT of work.

(I could have posted an extremly long and detalied review, but the board screwed up my post...Bottom line was 0/10. Needs work. A lot of work.)

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Then? what should I do to improve it? If you read the first post fully, it says "I will accept ideas as the game expands." I'm stumped as well so thats y i want ideas.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Like I said before the world pa needs to be edited. Also make the levels a bit more different I mean the yoshi island 2 level starts out and plaus out a bit like the original. Thats all I can say

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    The levels are too bland. They're uninteristing. You use parts of the original SMW. The red pallete is ugly. The title screen needs to be edited. The overworld needs to be edited. Edit the level names. Don't make moons easy to get. Don't make levels too easy. There's not near enough enemies. And there's not enough obstacles. It seems like you hardly put effort in your levels. It takes me a couple days to design a level into what I call good.

Use ExGFX.
    Use custom blocks.
    Use custom sprites.
    And please, improve your level design.

Last edited:

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • for all you know, this may be his first hack. it takes a lot of work to make a level good, but also the basics do count. anyway you probably know a lot more than me about it.
    the best thing for any SM hacks is keep the enemies and obstacles well balanced.

also i think adding custom sprites will be quite hard. as for custom blocks, then use something called BlockTool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    I'm on my first hack too and yet I use ExGFX, Spritetool (custom sprites), and Blocktool (custom blocks).

They're not hard to learn, the Readme in Spritetool explains it perfectly, but I had to use a tutorial for Blocktool at smwcentral.net

As far as level design goes, I take a lot after playing the great SMB3 along as other hacks. I manage to make levels that are fun (you're gonna have to wait a bit before playing them) because when I look at what makes those games so great was there levels so I merge my own ideas with what those games had to offer.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    @ Daboys: All that stuff i downloaded it. I READ THE README's and I STILL don't understand it! It is all confusing garbage to me. Geez i should stick to hacking crappy Pokemon games rather than this.

Last edited:

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • Like i said BP, the basics do count. No one try and force him to change the background, or change any events, i only said that for a suggestion, but some try to be too harsh about it. i could do the title screen for you if you want, with SMW at the top, with Mario X bowser's revenge just below it. please don't leave. but as for everything else, keep making your own levels, and for every level it takes time. so there is just no point at all for some members to be too negative about it. for all anyone knows, after he finishes, he may recreate the events, level positions etc. just dont be too pushy about it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back