• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marshall D. Teach

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
teach.png
"This 'new era' they talk about is a load of crap. The age where pirates dream is over? ZEEHAAHAA! THE DREAMS OF MEN WILL NEVER END!" - Marshall D. Teach

Welcome to my graphics gallery. Were you inspired from that? To me, it means just to never give up on your dreams, and go for them, no matter what people say about you. If them laughing at you because you dream of something is inevidible, then so be it.

(Note: I will only really be displaying my latest works, not any old stuff.)

Icons:
gurl5-1.png
gurl3-1.png
gurl3-1.png
gurl2-1.png

zuruggu.png
galdino.png

150x150px:
luffy1.png
klungo.png

Tags:
grovyle-1.png

shirohige-1.png

Profile Designs:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Speed

Skyward
Years
I really like your icons, they have that "livejournal" feel.

And I like the Grovyle tag, but I think it would do better off without the text, and not so many splatters. Other than that, it's got good flow, and the colors fit together nicely.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Lovin your icons and profile designs. They're really good.

Your tags are also good, but for the Grovyle one I think it would be better with less splatter.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Yeah, the Grovyle one wasn't really that great. It was just a test or something to see how I could go with making a Pokemon tag. Dream World images don't seem to work well with the sort of style I went with. :(

Oh well. I came up with this, and thought I'd share it.

kamina.png

moments.

quixotic
Years
I'll just rate your latest because I'm tired...

First thing that stands out are the colours. They are sort of washed out and it is feeling a bit monotonous, besides for that green, but green and red are opposing colours, and don't fit that well together in your piece I'm afraid. The hue of his cape is really nice, would've been good if you brought out more reds in the tag rather than browns...

Regarding effects, you sort of have a sense of flow going, but the effects are really weak in creating that flow. Because you've got the C4Ds on Screen/Lighten/Linear Dodge, they aren't very strong and get a bit lost in the background which make it hard to define a flow path. You could strengthen it with some light textures to help create flow, or putting solid renders and playing with the colours instead of putting it on any layer setting.

Last of all, the text. Too centered I think. The font itself is pretty good at coinciding with the piece as a whole, but it is right there in the middle of the focal. Maybe move it down like 30px~ or move it to the left so the 'm' is on the edge of his cape. Right now, it is in a weak spot and doesn't really add anything to the piece, but if you find those hot spots (rule of thirds more or less), you should be able to make it sit nicer.

Focal placement is spot on though, couldn't have picked a better position / size compared to the canvas and the depth is also very good, (although with some of those colour tweaks, it will only improve.)

Keep it up!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I know my colours suck and all, but I haven't had too much practice with colours yet. I've been more focused on filling the tag up so half of it doesn't look empty, like what I used to do. I think I've been improving on that aspect. :)

As for font, it's something I've been playing around with, since it's hard to just put a decent font into a tag and make it look good. I made something else and really focused on font placement, which I think works. :D

yoko.png

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Spoiler:

I made this yesterday and thought I should put it here. It's a profile picture, which explains why it's so big, and empty.

Rate, critique etc.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't even know why I'm updating this anymore. It's more dead than a chicken on the side of the road.

Icons:
newyorkfinn.png
kurtberry.png
kurtberry1.png
portal-1.png
psyduck.png
scootaloo.png

Some are old and some are new.

Tag:
linksys.png

My latest tag works. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
lolluma.png

fabulous.png

Just so you know, these are requests I've had on another site. This is probably why they're bad to you. I've been learning some new techniques about smudging, which is kinda cool I suppose.

Rate, critique etc.

Back