• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    No fighting game is ever completely truly "balanced" but MvC3 is not nearly as bad as MvC2 god tier Magneto/Storm/etc.

Most Sentinels online are massive spammers (from what I've seen) so really, you shouldn't worry about Hulk being overpowered....it's Sentinel you gotta worry about.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    No fighting game is ever completely truly "balanced" but MvC3 is not nearly as bad as MvC2 god tier Magneto/Storm/etc.

Most Sentinels online are massive spammers (from what I've seen) so really, you shouldn't worry about Hulk being overpowered....it's Sentinel you gotta worry about.
    Why do they even have those things in the game?
    I always thought of them as insignifant over-grown grunts.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    If you want to try taking that route you should complain about every little inconsistency in this ga​mes' representation of Marvel character's abilities. Capcom used Sentinel as a character in the first X-Men ga​me because he served as a great example of the giant and powerful but slow character, as well as a graphical showcase for having several large moving sprites on-screen make up a robot that was almost tall enough to reach the health bar.

But Capcom wants to do knee-jerk reactions to b​ad online players' complaints so Sentinel ends up having paper-thin armour, making him much worse to use seriously.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    If you want to try taking that route you should complain about every little inconsistency in this ga​mes' representation of Marvel character's abilities. Capcom used Sentinel as a character in the first X-Men ga​me because he served as a great example of the giant and powerful but slow character, as well as a graphical showcase for having several large moving sprites on-screen make up a robot that was almost tall enough to reach the health bar.

But Capcom wants to do knee-jerk reactions to b​ad online players' complaints so Sentinel ends up having paper-thin armour, making him much worse to use seriously.

So it's defensivily weak on Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It is now, thanks to going from having the highest health in the game to being weaker than over half the cast.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I find America one of the easier characters to get to grips with, in no way does he suck imo. But you'd have to play it to find out for yourself really.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I agree Captain america doesn't suck. He's one of the easier characters to pick up and play with imo. I like his combos and possibilities.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Oh goody!

I'm happy!

I remember playing a different Marvel vs. Capcom at an arcade & Captian America was one of my best.

Years
    Excellent game despite them health patch they put out :C I don't see myself hitting a glass ceiling for a long while in MvC3. There's insane combos that I still can't even dream of executing yet with my mains. I hit it in Blazblue but eventually broke it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Hey guys shame about Captain America getting ****ed over with his (not particularly good) infinite being removed.

Back