• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mass Effect 3

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • If it weren't for the last ten minutes Mass Effect 3 would have probably been my favorite game ever, no lie. There were some hiccups along the way, but no game is perfect - the ending, however, was so monumentally bad that it basically ruined the experience for me.
    As someone who plays a lot of games, Mass Effect 3 was decidedly average for me, the ending just finalized its descent into mediocrity. I already gave my short version earlier; basically, good dialogue, gameplay about as good as ME1's (so a huge improvement over 2), everything else average or worse.

You can tell I don't do much research outside of Nintendo, hahaha. :P
    Sounds kinda like the "Rare" situation, though I doubt Bioware will ever boil down to producing nothing but shovel ware/motion sport games.
    Video games are a defining part of who I am; they're very important to me and I follow gaming news and happenings closely. You can bet that Bioware will become a typical EA cashcow and produce increasingly more casualized, simplistic crap in the coming years.

I think that's a good way to look at ME3. A lot of the people complaining about the game seem to be focusing on the ending and not the entire game before it. Sure, I can understand being mad about the fact that choices didn't matter and it had a bad ending, but overall it was a pretty fun game.
    My expectations weren't high going in, seeing as how I thought ME1 was an all right game and ME2 was pretty disappointing. There were a number of things that ruined it throughout the whole game for me, it wasn't just the ending. I mentioned that nonsense with the kid; it makes no sense for Shepard to repeatedly see teammates die and not shed a tear, but then cry like a ***** when some stupid kid he talked to for 30 seconds dies. And then have repeated dreams and residual emotional trauma over it. Every time they brought it up, it was just "*groan* here we go again."

Now that they're screwing with the ending, they basically have one chance to redeem themselves (and they won't). They have to release an ending that doesn't screw with the originals, elaborates on what happened, and it has to be free, a service to the fans who were disappointed with the original product. But seeing as how it's EA, it won't be. It'll be $20 for the TRUE ENDING DLC and $20 more for TRUE ENDING DLC 2: THE TRUE-EREST. And then they'll make a Mass Effect MMO and Bioware's descent into the dark side will be complete.

ryanjohnson

Banned
    Years
  • Mass effect is the excellent game. mass effect all part is very interesting. mass effect graphic look is amazing and sound effect is good. mass effect is best action game.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Unless this "extended cut" actually makes any sort of sense out of the ending we were presented with, I'm still not pleased with Bioware.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Wow, who would have guessed? Immense fan dissatisfaction causes a company to backpeddle!

Now they just have to retcon DA2, unretcon KotOR 2, drop SWTOR, make KotOR 3, un-ruin Mass Effect, and be sold by EA to a publisher that isn't horrible and they'll be back in my good graces.

Of course, more likely than not, not a single one of those things will ever happen.

Years
  • this game was so much fun. the combat and weapons were at an all time high for the series. liara and garrus really shined as two great key characters for me. garrus being a bad ass and liara giving some more close friend conversations and such.

the ending was just plain bad. but i was also disheartened by ashley, i guess i wanted her to open up more as a character instead of just being a solider who you can fall for. i was thinking the whole time that in the end shepard was synthetic himself. would have been a good twist and maybe could have doven deeper into what life is... anyways, im looking forward to the new endings they announced they were working on. in the mean time im doing a full replay of the series.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Guys, have you heard of the 'Indoctrination Theory'? By now, I'm sure you have.

I highly suggest reading this.

If this theory is true, then I give credit to Bioware. As you can guess, I'm a huge fan of the games, and like most of the fans I was disheartened by the ending. But when I read that document I actually became excited about the new ending Bioware has promised. If Bioware was smart/planned this theory I give them credit due. If the new ending doesn't follow the theory then they're idiots.

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    some parts of the indoct theory are very well spotted and yeah I don't understand why shep (especially renagade shep) would get so haunted by that little boys death when he/she'd have lost Ash/Kadian and possibly a fair number of other friends in the collector base but a lot of the answers are there in the story if you look enough. The only thing I was really disapointed at was only three ending where it hardly matters what you've done in the past games (seriously, giving the collector base to the illlusive man should of done something more in the story line) but other than that it is one of my favourate games and I feel a little bad for all the bad press going around.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Actually there are 16 endings possible.

If you kept the Collector Base you got it as a War Asset, if you destroyed it you got the Human Reaper battery as one.

Back