• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mawile why is it a steel type

Years
    Mawile why is it a steel type it is stupid it lerns 2 steel moves and u can only teach it 1 Steel Tms i think it is stupid i personally think it should just secreatly change itself to dark and just be quiet What do u think

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    firstly, it can learn TMs. secondly, when in UU tier play, it can be very helpful. you just got to know how to use it correctly, young padawan ;)

Years
    Sorry i made a mistake i ment to say and it only can lern like one steel Tm not tms in General

And at least ask first about weather I use it or not i do not anymore but i used to use it all the time in my Ruby saphphire or Emerald not Sure but i used it as a dark type pokemon and i think it have more potential as a dark not a steel

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Just because it would be better off as dark type doesn't mean it should be dark type. In my opinion it should be dark/steel. It makes sense that mawile is a steel type, so if it ever were to change type it would still be part steel.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Mawile is a decent Pokemon,it has high defenses..
    appreciate that..

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    i think it's too cute to be a steel type, i thought it was a water type at first because it looked like a crocodile, well the thing on its head did at least which i actually thought was its head

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Mawile is a decent Pokemon,it has high defenses..
    appreciate that..
    Mmkay, I am going to throw you off a cliff. >8(

It has 50 HP, 85 Defense, and 55 Sp.Defense.

Now call that high defenses. O_o;;

Anyways...

I never really got why Mawile was a Steel type. It's not like it's made of steel or anything, it looks more of a Normal or a Dark type.
    Oh and just to let you know, there aren't many Steel moves out there.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    It's 'cause the teeth in its mouth are modified horns that have qualities like steel...
    And that fake head of its is like a big steel hammer.

Oh, and plus, its skin is made of steel too.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Ok,OK don't blow your pants off!!!! Sheeeshh....
    The defense not the Sp.def.....

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Mawile is the only pure Steel type barring Registeel, leave it at that.

Years
    I thought it looked a little more dark/psychic didn't look steel at all but because it's def is pretty high it has to be

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Because Nintendo said so? But then again, I don't really see what else it would be, and more importantly, I don't really know why it actually matters. Movepools don't determine typing really; it's more the other way around (in general, but Mawile is one of those exceptions).

Back