• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Maximizing profits to earn quick dough

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Here's a video for you visual learners https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykFZJKAaNv4 :)

The best way I've found to earn some easy money is to first get a fairly high level pokemon (at least level 85) that has at least 2 different types of hard hitting moves. I prefer Delphox with Grass Knot, Psychic, and Flamethrower. This way, you can essentially one hit each pokemon the E4 throws at you!

Once you have that, be sure to pick up the Amulet Coin from the Palace (2nd floor) and equip it on your pokemon. Having PP recovery items is helpful, but if you play your cards right, not necessary. The rest comes from timing. That being said, make sure you set your text speed to fast and battle effects to off.

The importance of setting your text speed and battle effects is that it'll reduce the amount of time needed to down the E4. From here, you should be able to successfully use a prize money power (obtainable from Cyllage City Hotel) and battle two of the E4, and in the next go, one E4 and the champion.

The o-power won't expire during a chat scene with any of the NPCs, but it does deduct time. Battle time is obviously included. Because battle time is included, I recommend turning off EXP share because having a pokemon level on you takes time, as does learning new abilities. The less time you spend in menus, the better.

After you get all of that down, it's just a matter of rushing as fast as you can. I prefer to activate Prize Money just before I fight Siebold (Water Type). Once he's down, mad dash to Wikstorm (Steel Type). After the fight with Wikstorm, your o-power should expire. Don't worry about reactivating it, and just take down Drasna (Dragon Type).

Drasna's opening and dialog takes up more time than any of the E4, so you're most likely to have your o-power expire prematurely with her than anyone else. Also, not using the o-power prior to her fight gives you time to regenerate orbs to use the power again a second time. Once she's dealt with, take out Malva (Fire Type), then dash to Diantha.

With level 1 Prize Money, you will total $191960
    With level 2, $247280
    Level 3, 357920

This is the fastest way I've found to farm for money. What way do you guys prefer to farm?

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I guess thats pretty much the best way to farm money.
    For people who havent gotten to the E4 yet (like me) doing pretty much the same battling against the rich people from the Battle Chateau gets you a lot of dough as well!

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    very useful. especially with all the sexy yet expensive outfits in Lumiose Boutique....

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Thanks for the tips! Now I can earn some fast money to buy all the available clothes in matter of minutes.
    ....That's what everyone is getting their money for, right? R-right?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks for the tips! Now I can earn some fast money to buy all the available clothes in matter of minutes.
    ....That's what everyone is getting their money for, right? R-right?

True, clothes are the biggest money sink in the game. Fortunately, every boutique in the game changes their inventory every so often, so you can't buy everything in just a couple hours. It'll likely take you at least a day or two just because of the inventory rotation.

It would be cool if Nintendo let us sell pokemon to other players. If they did that, then money would actually be worth something outside of those boutiques and the stone emporium!

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    True, clothes are the biggest money sink in the game. Fortunately, every boutique in the game changes their inventory every so often, so you can't buy everything in just a couple hours. It'll likely take you at least a day or two just because of the inventory rotation.

It would be cool if Nintendo let us sell pokemon to other players. If they did that, then money would actually be worth something outside of those boutiques and the stone emporium!

Selling Pokemon sounds so...cruel. Like something Team Rocket would do. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    For people who havent gotten to the E4 yet (like me) doing pretty much the same battling against the rich people from the Battle Chateau gets you a lot of dough as well!

Very true! Especially when you combine amulet coin with prize money and writs! :)

Selling Pokemon sounds so...cruel. Like something Team Rocket would do. :(

It wouldn't be any more cruel than using a ditto as an egg factory or...
    Spoiler:

xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    I did some math.

With level 1 Prize Money, you will total $191960
    With level 2, $247280
    Level 3, 357920

I will also upload a video demonstrating how to do this in a bit!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i wish there a meowth in the game. i would use payday on wild pokemon lol

Back