• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maz's scratch showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
everythin 100% FAT FREE~
ahahah just kidding.
set6.png

yaaaaaay. big pixel art<3
meh.png

yaaaaaay. less-than-big pixel art<3
pirate.png

arrrr, pirate spriiiiiiiiiite!
dancer.png
dancermale.png

OMFG DANCER SPRITES! (ahahahah, just noticed the guy is REALLY short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
flikasprite.png

heehee.
and character Flika Sprite<3
>:E c&c people<3

Last edited:
Years
OMG DID U DO ALL THIS IS PAINT*shot*

The trent and fu piece is amazing, but I'm not so sure on the noses and Trent's wrist,the noses look really fat, and the wrists seem really flimsy.

Your second piece is pretty much perfect to me, just the dithering on the right leg looks a bit off.

The trainer sprites wouldn't really fit into a pokemon game, but they're still awesome :P

Opacus

PIXELS
Years
Not bad. Your colours are pretty dull, get some more interseting ones, some hue shifting perhaps. Get rid of the black outlines, they don't look good, they barely ever do. Sometimes, but not on these. Also, your dithering looks very rough and unclean, fix it, and maybe AA it a bit.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2007
Opacus that really wansn't nice. How can you say these are bad. These are amazing for paint.
I agree with you on the shading but paint can't really do smooth colouring. Im sure if Maz wanted it that way she would keep it that way. And btw. The dancers are awesome.

Opacus

PIXELS
Years
I'm giving constructive critisim, I didn't say they were bad, I said they were NOT bad. Read better before jumping to unjustified conclusions.
I'll say it again: They're not bad, but they lack some fundamentals.
Oh, and I noticed some things now: The left guy's hand (our view) Has a huge ab, or just a very odly and unrealsticly shaped sleave. And the right guy has some jagged lines in the hair, they don't really look nice. Also, the right guy's arm's oddly shaded. I'd make an edit, but since I havent made 15 posts yet, I'll save that for later.

Years
Opacus that really wansn't nice. How can you say these are bad. These are amazing for paint.
I agree with you on the shading but paint can't really do smooth colouring. Im sure if Maz wanted it that way she would keep it that way. And btw. The dancers are awesome.

Everybody uses paint. I use Paint. Opacus uses Paint. The people that make those huge amazing pixel arts use paint.

Smooth shading can be done on paint, you just need to use Anti Alising.

Opacus

PIXELS
Years
Well, kind off yes. But most people, including me, use Pro Motion/Graphics Gale for the animating, the easier colour changing and alot of nice handy things (Nothing that makes it non-pixel art of course)

Years
Well, kind off yes. But most people, including me, use Pro Motion/Graphics Gale for the animating, the easier colour changing and alot of nice handy things (Nothing that makes it non-pixel art of course)

Your the first person that came to my head, but I was trying to say the majority.

Opacus

PIXELS
Years
Heh, I get your point though. Because I'm not letting go of any restrictions that make it pixel art. It's just easier in use. So it kind of is Paint, just more advanced.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
Not bad. Your colours are pretty dull, get some more interseting ones, some hue shifting perhaps. Get rid of the black outlines, they don't look good, they barely ever do. Sometimes, but not on these. Also, your dithering looks very rough and unclean, fix it, and maybe AA it a bit.

heheh.. this is why i HATE laptops.
i dont acctually SEE the colours you guys see.
depending where i sit /where the screens angles at, depends what colour i get.
also.. i do colour my lines, i just leave some black, becasue i happen to be quite fond of it. :s i know everyone hates it, but i think alot of that is due to prahaps someone somewhere decideing that and then everyone jumping on the band wagon a bit. probably wrong, but still, i like my black >w< but ill try and cut down on it.
(i used to spite with out any, but got told to add some, so please PLEASE, someone stop this black no black maddness TT_TT)

and i didn't AA on any of the pieces coz i was attempting some kinda of colour restiction.
that and the fact i simply enjoy the simplicity of colouring with so few colours. Having drawn alot, with prgorammes liek photoshop, getting all the complex and smooth colouring, i do get a little bit of joy and a break from it when pixeling. to be honest, pixel art REALLY only happend to me when my tablet broke a while back and i had to cent my art into something. (i cant draw with a mouse, but you can PIXEL with a mouse :P)
but my tablets fixed.... <3!!!

and i dont think it really matters what programme someone uses. it doesnt affect the skill level of he or she who is doing it, does it?
i mean, a pencil tools a pencil tool...
nd for your information, the second one down, was done entirely in photoshop *SHUDDER* never again shall i sprite anywhere else other than paint. the complexity defeats the object of me doing pixel art at all.

and Des' call me stupid if you like, but can you elaborate and give me some real c&c, coz saying i lack anatomy.. i.e exactly where and what is it i need to do to make it better so i can fix it? im not meaning to sound rude or obnoxios or anything, i just wish you'd gimme some help other than just mentioning at the end of your comment... i know what anatomy is and all (hahah and yes the make dancer lacks alot of it, he was camp anyway T_T) but i really need some elaboration so i can change my wrong doing ways : )
thanks guys~
Maz.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 31
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
OOC:
Everybody uses paint. I use Paint. Opacus uses Paint. The people that make those huge amazing pixel arts use paint.
I resent that, being I use New-Ghetto Photoshop CS (in a way its ghetto, yet new) :P

IC: Aviator, as always those scratches are amazing.. Ive always been a fan of that pirate one.. ou should try like, captain jack from POTC :D
Uhm, yeah a bit of CC for the yin/yang scratch:
for some reason the noses seem off to me, and the wrists are kinda disproportionate..
but otherwise i love those colors, and the idea behind it is realllly creative. do some work on the things i listed and maybe a bit on shading and itll be pretty good

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
heheh.. this is why i HATE laptops.
i dont acctually SEE the colours you guys see.
depending where i sit /where the screens angles at, depends what colour i get.
Back when I took requests a few years ago, I used to run into that same problem xD I have a lappy. I can see your shading though and it looks just dandy to me. No worries : D Very nice.

My old laptop was like yours is. If you look at it from below, it looks inverted. Well the one I have now is a high res screen and it doesn't change colors, just the brightness of it, depending on angle.

Honestly, I don't hate the laptops for this problem though. It acutally allows you to see more colors and they tend to look prettier.

Also, I want to jump in on a conversation going on in this topic. It is true that skill is not found in what program you use. A lot of skill comes with experience. Some quicker than others. The only differnce a program can make is time saving. Some allow you to do a process automatically like changing colors in a sprite. This saves so much time as opposed to manually clicking each pixel. Now on the contrary, when you get into other types of art such as photo editing, that is when a program like Photoshop will make a much better result than - say - Paint. Of course the only way that result can be better is if the user can use Photoshop (in this case) correctly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
i THINK this isnt too old.. as its the 26th today.. (for me at least) and the last post was on the 27th?
s'been a while.
you can blame Tyler-chan for this scarey return.
<3 good ol' Tyler~
and thanks Barry, for being so understanding of the whole laptop thingy bob xD'and just a likkle request, keep on the topic of my sprites, i dont wanna report you guys and i know it is an issue (personally i <3 paint) but yeah, lets not go off on anymore tangents? it just adds a bad feel .__________.be nice. its the first sprite ive spewwed out for over a mounth T_T
and yeah. i know the outline needs a good going over, so just ignore it for now, si? :3
treeoutline.png

强有力

Powerful
Years
Yay, Thanks to me! Love to see you back Aviator. "Aviator Maz! Flying Back To Your Screens ,March 26th" ^^
The wonky tree for my forest revamping is wonderful, with added bush ^____^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
thrown in for that little bit extra. and rember people, everything in this thread is 100% FAT FREE.
lol.. i just saw i wrote that a while back... and.. well.
yeah.
"Aviator Maz! Flying Back To Your Screens ,March 26th"
i could be a moive!
lol by the by the tree wasnt MEANT to be all wonky as such, it just wound up that way whe i added leaves e.c.t...
if y'ask me, the regula shape of the fr trees is kinda boring. not sparodic 'nuff fer me 8D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back