• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm praying for a flygon mega right now. I'd love to see flygon get the speed boost and attack boost with a killer ability to put him up in the fight with garchomp and such. I know it won't happen but mega flygon no-guard with fissure would be super hilarious. But knowing game freak I could see him continuing the pattern of having an ability that turns all his normal moves bug type since he is so insect oriented, or something like that. I'm sorry I just think flygon is super good-looking and one of my favorites, he needs the fighting ability to back it up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2014
    We got mega Aggron in XY lol.

I don't see why we'd get Kabutops or Omastar -- but judging from the latest megas, anything's possible.

Milotic <3

Don't know why i said Aggron.{XD}
    Kabutops or Omastar so we get the 3 first fossil Pokemon complete.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Mega Flygon is all I want right now. If it was the final mega revealed I would be happy. I have always loved Flygon. I wouldn't mind Empoleon or Krookodile either, but Flygon is my number one atm.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    If a mega slowking is coming, I guess mega gallade too.

I was looking through stats of some of the Hoenn dragon types. If flygon doesn't get a mega, I guess it'll become the Dragalge of Hoenn, which is really sad. Kingdra is a Gen II pokemon so I excluded it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder if they are going to give all pokemon mega evolutions at some point in time.
    There are over 700 pokemon right now (don't know the exact amount anymore) and giving all maxed out evolved pokemon mega's would be logic.
    However, giving a pokemon a mega form would make it impossible for a pokemon like Pinser for example to get a new evolution form and would be stuck unless they would give also earlier pokemon a mega form like Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I wonder if they are going to give all pokemon mega evolutions at some point in time.
    There are over 700 pokemon right now (don't know the exact amount anymore) and giving all maxed out evolved pokemon mega's would be logic.
    However, giving a pokemon a mega form would make it impossible for a pokemon like Pinser for example to get a new evolution form and would be stuck unless they would give also earlier pokemon a mega form like Pikachu.

It'll never be impossible because GameFreak would find away around it. Anyway, we've got things like Gardevoir and Gallade. Gardevoir has a Mega but Gallade doesn't (yet). It just means Pokémon will be able to have split-evolutions with different items/stones. Although I doubt we'll be getting them anytime soon. I honestly believe one of the benefits of Mega Evolutions for GameFreak is that they didn't have to introduce even more Pokémon and could class Mega's as hybrid-new Pokémon even though they are basically powerful formes. Explaining why we didn't get as many Pokémon as usual.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I want her to have a mega, but I just feel bad that she was left out of her trio when magmar and electabuzz got their evolutions: Magmortar and Electravire. I would love for her to get a mega but at the same time I rather have an evolved version of her. After that all three could happyly get megas.

I also feel uncomfortable about one stage pokemon recieving megas, because some of them could really use an evolution before mega evolving and if only one stage and fully evoleved pokemon recieve megas then that means some pokemon won't have better improvement. One of the one staged pokemon that would need an evolution before recieving a mega is dunsparce. If it recieves a mega beforehand then it stats can't be better improved.

I get a feeling that Jynx will end up like Banette compared to the counterpart(s).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I really want to see a Mega Infernape !
    I wonder how it going to be .
    Infernape based on Monkey king who could fly using a cloud and attained ''Buddha-hood'' at the end of ''Journey to the west''.

So I think Mega Infernape could be something enlightening'' .

Well , I just want to see Mega Infernape get back its ''Flame Tail'' and has an ability to Fly using Fire.

Years
    I really want to see a Mega Infernape !
    I wonder how it going to be .
    Infernape based on Monkey king who could fly using a cloud and attained ''Buddha-hood'' at the end of ''Journey to the west''.

So I think Mega Infernape could be something enlightening'' .

Well , I just want to see Mega Infernape get back its ''Flame Tail'' and has an ability to Fly using Fire.

You mean Son Goku (the same person Goku from Dragon Ball s based off)? Maybe it will have it's legs crossed (like Alakazam) and look as if it's meditating. Perhaps even get a type shift to Fire/Psychic.

Years
    Mega Infernape has little to no chance of becoming a reality in ORAS, imo.

I agree, it'll probably be saved for DP remakes (or shown off early in the paired version of Gen VII like Blaziken was). The most likely non-Hoenn starters to get Megas in ORAS are the Johto starters imo.

It's still fun to speculate on it, and the other starters though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Well, clearly they said not all pokemon can mega evolve. Right now, i'm thinking of which Sinnoh forms of Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn pokemon can mega evolve. I know that XY did not introduce megas for advanced pokemon like some Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. Now that ORAS is introducing Unova megas. Lets talk about which pokemon like Togekiss will get mega evolutions.

First, Gallade is the most likely. Mawile got a mega in XY, Sableye in ORAS, now Gallade looks to complete the set.

Next, I can see Porygon-Z getting one as well. It stands out the most.

Picking one from Johto is tricky, theres lots of good ones like Gliscor, Togekiss, Weavile, and Mamoswine. Anyone got an idea?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back